The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cole-slaw
And from 2003-2005.

We've had a couple of good patches, interspersed with incompetent coaches and idiotic selection policies.

Erm what about a country called Australia?
Original post by cole-slaw
lol, no he won't. If he can't score runs against India, he's not going to score much against a decent bowling attack.

Cooky will give the opposition a good serving of his talent I am sure. The storm will pass and the sun will rise again!
Finally a chase for India to think about. Hopefully Kohli gets a big score.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheSoulWithin

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the score? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MsFahima
What's the score? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

India chasing 295 to win. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should be a competitive chase now
b a.png

Sadly, the top 2 are PAK batsmen. As always, making us proud.
Original post by TheSoulWithin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it didn't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mali167
b a.png

Sadly, the top 2 are PAK batsmen. As always, making us proud.

I remember watching Steyn tear Hafeez a new one during the start of Pak's tour to SA in 2012 I think it was. He owned him so much Hafeez dropped to three for the ODI's, never recovered since really.
All the Sky Sports pundits put forward their World Cup XI earlier, with everyone leaving out Cook except for his good mate Straussy. Nasser Hussain got stuck in as usual.
Original post by Aky786UK
I remember watching Steyn tear Hafeez a new one during the start of Pak's tour to SA in 2012 I think it was. He owned him so much Hafeez dropped to three for the ODI's, never recovered since really.

Listen to what Hafeez has to say though. Just can't come to terms with the fact that he has no clue against Steyn.
[video="youtube;ovCmeclr-H4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovCmeclr-H4[/video]

What's even more surprising that even after all that agony, he's the number 1 allrounder in both T20s and ODIs. Remember that series he had in UAE against SL. Hit three 100s like it was nothing. But then again...........no Steyn, dead pitch.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
All the Sky Sports pundits put forward their World Cup XI earlier, with everyone leaving out Cook except for his good mate Straussy. Nasser Hussain got stuck in as usual.

Really? That surprises me thought these Essex guys stick together and I watched the presentation and Nasser hussian seemed cool with him two faced vladimur putin bastard
woooooo good work England cooky and co did good today especially Joe root! Spin needs addressing luckily we've got a 7 match series against sri lanka!!! That will help improve our spin playing abilities!!!
Original post by chemistrykid123
Really? That surprises me thought these Essex guys stick together and I watched the presentation and Nasser hussian seemed cool with him two faced vladimur putin bastard

Nasser Hussain is an East London guy. He only backs Bopara and not Cookie! He didn't dig that far in. He just said that if you were to name the best six or seven ODI batsmen in England, Cook wouldn't be on your list.
Nasser Hussain is an East London guy. He only backs Bopara and not Cookie! He didn't dig that far in. He just said that if you were to name the best six or seven ODI batsmen in England, Cook wouldn't be on your list.

oooo I see and Nasser was born in india right but moved very early? To be fair he is right but the they will back cookie to the end which is loyal which I admire.
oooo I see and Nasser was born in india right but moved very early? To be fair he is right but the they will back cookie to the end which is loyal which I admire.

It wasn't just Hussain. Botham, Lloyd, Holding, Knight (lol) and Hussain all said Cookie needs to go. Only Strauss stuck by him. Gower didn't make a team. The loyalty is admirable, but I can't help but think it won't pay off.
It wasn't just Hussain. Botham, Lloyd, Holding, Knight (lol) and Hussain all said Cookie needs to go. Only Strauss stuck by him. Gower didn't make a team. The loyalty is admirable, but I can't help but think it won't pay off.

I'm watching it right now Strauss has just gone first, but lets be honest what is the worst that is going to happen we won't win a world cup? We've been doing that every 4 years since the bloody thing was introduced looool!
I'm watching it right now Strauss has just gone first, but lets be honest what is the worst that is going to happen we won't win a world cup? We've been doing that every 4 years since the bloody thing was introduced looool!

Hey now, not so long ago we won the T20 World Cup (mainly because somehow now other team bothered to show up). But that's not the right way to think about it, we need to go there and give it a proper go. Given the conditions, and English team should do pretty well regardless. We should give ourselves every chance of winning every game.
Hey now, not so long ago we won the T20 World Cup (mainly because somehow now other team bothered to show up). But that's not the right way to think about it, we need to go there and give it a proper go. Given the conditions, and English team should do pretty well regardless. We should give ourselves every chance of winning every game.

I agree the Australian conditions will be our best shot at winning it for a while as this will eliminate the Asian teams, and bring Australia, South Africa, new Zealand and England into the forefront, but I get the feeling there is so much negativity from 'commentators' about this team but we've actually got a number of good players bowlers and batsmen it is just whether all the pieces will join together in the end.
I agree the Australian conditions will be our best shot at winning it for a while as this will eliminate the Asian teams, and bring Australia, South Africa, new Zealand and England into the forefront, but I get the feeling there is so much negativity from 'commentators' about this team but we've actually got a number of good players bowlers and batsmen it is just whether all the pieces will join together in the end.

We have a got a talented group of players to pick from but we still have the make sure we pick the eleven best players that'll give us our best chance of winning it. And it's clear right now that we're not doing that.

Latest