Bell
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Rashid/Tredwell
Broad
Plunkett/Wood/Jordan
Anderson

Want to see Rashid and Wood as the spinner and 3rd seamer, but Tredwell and Plunkett are probably the safer options. Tredwell would be particularly funny after being ignored all World Cup.
The animal or the sport

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paul Downton has left his job with the ECB. This may make the return of KP more likely.
I do enjoy watching the IPL
Original post by Rock Fan
I do enjoy watching the IPL

Yay, me too! Who do you support thought?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chittesh14
Yay, me too! Who do you support thought?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't really got a team in the IPL but I just find it really entertaining to watch, I do follow Warwickshire in the County cricket
I haven't really got a team in the IPL but I just find it really entertaining to watch, I do follow Warwickshire in the County cricket

Oh right nice :P. I used to watch Country Cricket ages ago, now I don't have Sky Sports, only got it for 3 months for World Cup & IPL. I used to like Warwickshire, Sussex and Worcestershire, forgot the rest already :P been years!
Original post by Chittesh14
Oh right nice :P. I used to watch Country Cricket ages ago, now I don't have Sky Sports, only got it for 3 months for World Cup & IPL. I used to like Warwickshire, Sussex and Worcestershire, forgot the rest already :P been years!

Yeah it's hard to watch any cricket these days without sky sports, used to watch it all the time when the BBC had the coverage rights, I do admit got a soft spot for Worcestershire as well.
Yeah it's hard to watch any cricket these days without sky sports, used to watch it all the time when the BBC had the coverage rights, I do admit got a soft spot for Worcestershire as well.

Pretty much impossible to watch it elsewhere, with decent quality. County cricket: Lancashire and the oh so miserable Leicestershire for me.
Original post by devangdave
Pretty much impossible to watch it elsewhere, with decent quality. County cricket: Lancashire and the oh so miserable Leicestershire for me.

Pretty much non-existent any coverage on terriestial these days.
I've long campaigned for Downton's departure, and I'm glad to see the back of him.

The debacle down in Australia and New Zealand during the World Cup was the final straw, and the last 14 months have been farcical from an English cricketing perspective. Flower as the head of youth development after being sacked as head coach was laughable, while Moores' appointment as his successor was questionable too.

I'd expect Whitaker to follow Downton out of the door, and that could end some conservatism which is inherent within the country's game and set-up. They aren't thinking about replacing Downton like-for-like, which I'm in favour of him. It'll be great to see Vaughan given the position, to be honest.
First cricket game of the season this weekend, let's hope the weather holds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Real sad news this, RIP Richie Benaud http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/32182999
Sad news about Richie Benaud, A great voice and ambassador of cricket.
Richie Benaud RIP. A man whose philosophy was only to say something that added to the experience of the viewer/listener. A lesson not just for cricket.

My main memory of him was not hearing him commentate. I was at the 2005 Friends Provident Trophy final at Lords, which was the last live TV commentary Richie Benaud did in England. After he had handed over to another commentator towards the end of the second team's (Warwickshire) innings, it was announced over the loudspeaker that he had completed his last English commentary. The crowd burst into applause.
RIP Richie Benaud

A legendary commentator. As said above, he kept his commentary precise. Channel Nine's woeful incessant rambles and jokey nature put commentary into shame. Richie had a soothing voice and added lovely comments to the action.
R.I.P Richie Benaud, respect to the legend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Benaud... the man, the legend, the voice.
I went to the County Championship game at Lords today between Middlesex and Nottinghamshire. Brendan Taylor scored 106 for Notts, they lost four wickets in a short space of time, then with Chris Read's 50 were 298-9 when bad light ended play for the day.

First ever April cricket match for me, surprised at the crowd (four figures) and in the sunshine pleasant weather.

Latest