The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
The claim was hugely significant, but nothing in it for me. Root isn't that type at all. Warner wasn't lying about Finn, though. Finn admitted he was legless that night!

Yeah it won't be true at all. I'm good friends with Joe and he's not prejudiced in the slightest, mind games by the Aussies and probably a slight to raise some tension between him and Moeen.
Original post by Depleted
Yeah it won't be true at all. I'm good friends with Joe and he's not prejudiced in the slightest, mind games by the Aussies and probably a slight to raise some tension between him and Moeen.

You have friends?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
You have friends?

I have money, and everyone knows £££= friends
So excited.
Well done Pakistan. Beating SL at their own home and chasing the highest total in SL. great stuff...
SWALEC seems prepared to host the first Test. I loved the 2009 instalment there, and it seems laughable there was controversy at the time about it being held in Wales and not England.
Original post by chignesh10
Well done Pakistan. Beating SL at their own home and chasing the highest total in SL. great stuff...

Just when you lose all hope in the batting they put up a good show... well played Pakistan. Game isn't over yet though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Warwickshire all over the place.

From 29-2, they fell to 39-9 with Sidebottom taking six wickets. My word.
Original post by Mackay
Warwickshire all over the place.

From 29-2, they fell to 39-9 with Sidebottom taking six wickets. My word.

Yeah we're too good in first class cricket, annoying how **** we are in the shorter formats of the game though.
Original post by Depleted
Yeah we're too good in first class cricket, annoying how **** we are in the shorter formats of the game though.

Bears are exactly the opposite, mate.
Combined Ashes XI, folks?

Mine: Cook, Warner, Smith, Root, Clarke (capt), Stokes, Haddin, Starc, Johnson, Anderson, Lyon.
Original post by Mackay

Mine: Cook, Warner, Smith, Root, Clarke (capt), Stokes, Haddin, Starc, Johnson, Anderson, Lyon.

I'd say same, though Buttler and Haddin are 50/50 when Jos is in this kind of form!
Original post by Enginerd.
Just when you lose all hope in the batting they put up a good show... well played Pakistan. Game isn't over yet though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL i am so upset we lost this third test. Meh, we need to smash india in the tests now
Original post by Mackay

Pretty much agree, I think. Butler/Haddin is a toughie, but definitely Stokes ahead of Marsh/Watson (for the time being anyway).

I do think this team will be slightly different come the end of the 5th test, though.
Kudos to Pakistan if they see it through but they've had a few collapses on this series..

But this piece focusing on the ten year anniversary since the Ashes was last on terrestrial TV is saddening that the country can't get fully invested into an Ashes series but sadly, got used to it now it being on Sky.
Original post by chignesh10
LOL i am so upset we lost this third test. Meh, we need to smash india in the tests now

It's not over yet though, Pakistan are known for their unpredictability but also their batting collapse's.

Good luck with that series, I'll be supporting SL :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dexter hits six sixes in an over for Middlesex seconds against Gloucestershire today.
"Safe to say Pakistan have been batted right out of the game." - A commentator on Espn. Lol. You can never count out unpredictable Pakistan, more then often they flop, but sometimes they do something soo spectacular, it's almost unbelievable.

Well played Younis too, first person to score 5 tons in the 4th innings of a test match.

Tomorrow should be exciting.
Original post by Enginerd.
"Safe to say Pakistan have been batted right out of the game." - A commentator on Espn. Lol. You can never count out unpredictable Pakistan, more then often they flop, but sometimes they do something soo spectacular, it's almost unbelievable.

Well played Younis too, first person to score 5 tons in the 4th innings of a test match.

Tomorrow should be exciting.

Done and dusted. Probably the worst performance by SL in the recent past. We needed to play herath....:frown:
Well done though, you now have the record chase in SL :tongue:
Only just discovered this...

Anderson and Broad have taken 569 wickets 296 to Anderson, 273 to Broad which means a further 11 will see them overtake the Botham-Willis alliance.

Latest