The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Teams currently play 16 four-day first-class matches in a Championship season, but that is set to become 14 under a new system which involves two divisions split into eight (Division one) and 10 (Division two) with all teams playing each other home and away in the top division and a less symmetrical arrangement in the lower one.

A league of 10 playing 14 fixtures each sounds horrendous tbh. It's shafting division 2.
Original post by Louis.
A league of 10 playing 14 fixtures each sounds horrendous tbh. It's shafting division 2.

Indeed. Somebody who gets Northants/Leicestershire twice would be in an advantage to somebody who doesn't, and ends up playing Lancashire home and away, or Surrey.
Original post by Mackay
Indeed. Somebody who gets Northants/Leicestershire twice would be in an advantage to somebody who doesn't, and ends up playing Lancashire home and away, or Surrey.

Would be fairer to do it 6 nations style- play everyone once with 4/5 home fixtures and 4/5 away. Far from ideal but better than playing individual teams a different number of times. I don't really like having fewer games in one division, I'd be wary of increasing the divide, but it could be a relief to some of the cash strapped division 2 sides who can't maintain a big squad.
Original post by Louis.
Would be fairer to do it 6 nations style- play everyone once with 4/5 home fixtures and 4/5 away. Far from ideal but better than playing individual teams a different number of times. I don't really like having fewer games in one division, I'd be wary of increasing the divide, but it could be a relief to some of the cash strapped division 2 sides who can't maintain a big squad.

Or do what the SPL used to do, and play each side once, and then split into two half-leagues and play the sides around you.
Why did England promote Billings ahead of Stokes agains? They did it in the last T20 as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's cringe to watch Billings bat. Embarrassingly out of his depth.
Moeen was wasted in last couple of overs, 200 was easily attainable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very unlucky, thought he kicked the stumps their.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watson :lol:
Poor old Watson..

But Moeen wonderful to watch for his knock today, but seems like it'll be in vain..
ENG win, very unlikely but great last over from stokes
Excellent by Stokes - really delivers when needed. Great to see Moeen making the runs today, good cricket shots, compliments the batting styles of above nicely.
Moeen should have opened. That's where he is best. Roy has failed to convince me as an international cricketer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
One day Shane Watson will find a way of getting out that doesn't make me laugh. But not just yet.

Pleased that Topley got a game in instead of Chris Woakes, who disappoints me as a Test bowler despite being a Bears fan and a supporter of his.

Twenty20 is a remarkable form of the game. I love it.
Original post by Mackay
One day Shane Watson will find a way of getting out that doesn't make me laugh. But not just yet.

Pleased that Topley got a game in instead of Chris Woakes, who disappoints me as a Test bowler despite being a Bears fan and a supporter of his.

Twenty20 is a remarkable form of the game. I love it.

For once he couldn't get his leg in the way :awesome:
There's nothing that seems to faze Moeen.
Reply 9416
Original post by Mackay
There's nothing that seems to faze Moeen.

Not long until yasir shah and dale steyn will change your mind on that statement :smile:
Original post by JRP95
Not long until yasir shah and dale steyn will change your mind on that statement :smile:

His career has just begun, he will get better even after a few hicups along the way. He has the determination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9418
If india lose this I can't see any excuse for not going for DRS in future series'.
India finally win an overseas test series in 4 years!!!

Latest