The Student Room Group

Been done out of my ALF

So i have received about £1000 from the ALF (had issues with student finance not paying so needed a second early payment), and just put in an application for the next payment.

I am responsive for my partner as well as myself for finance (she is at college), I have no job (lost job just after starting back at uni, no replies to applications), and she earns just about enough to pay for food, so all other bills are on my head (inc rent). We also receive no help from parents.

Just before christmas her computer died and had to pay out about £500 on repairs. Obviously we could not afford the costs of this, so her mum offered to pay for it and transfered the money into her account.

So it comes round to be dropping the lastest evidence off to the SF office at uni, and I have just been told that because of the £500 being put into her account, it has to be seen as 'available to both of us'. Due to this I am now only entitled to £36 to support us.

Can they actually do this to us? We now have to seriously consider if we can continue to live and maybe consider moving back home. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending