The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mine aren't that embarrasing, all my friends like my mother loads so she can't embarass me much.and my stepfather's alright too.
My father on the other hand wears a long green trench coat that matches my stepmothers...........'nuff said :redface:
Reply 2
my parents, especially my mum seem to feel some sort of enormous need to befreind everyone i know. not really embarassing but definelty infuriatiing- the worst thing is that when i ask her to stop she says that she does not know what i'm talking about.
Reply 3
its great when you get to go to uni

no parents :biggrin:
Reply 4
Baron
its great when you get to go to uni

no parents :biggrin:

my mum is a star- she met me and my friends in liverpool last night after a gig just so we could get back for the end of a party. and she even bought us water and sweets, cos she thought we'd want them :smile:

my dad on the other hand... *louisa explodes*

lou xxx
lou p

my dad on the other hand... *louisa explodes*

lou xxx

Ahhh, yes, the father, makes life sooooo more complicated (and crap).
angelzland
There are no words to describe them....and i am not being overly harsh!

I understand, although my father is just........well it can't be described.
angelzland
There are no words to describe them....and i am not being overly harsh!

v. imagine a health food/yoga/teaching addicted mother, a father who must have a say in everything=poor me. Actually i love them to bits...when they're not embarrasing!
Reply 8
Thus is probably a really wierd thing to say but my parents are way toooooo slack...anyone else in this situation? It really annnoys me.....

Sxx
Reply 9
Have had enormous argument with parents consisting of me saying I never want to go back again.

I have also been dreaming of my dad throwing darts at me and me trying to impress him by cooking curry and him saying I was stupid :frown:

Is this abnormal? everyone else at uni misses home and I don't ever want to go back :frown:
Reply 10
blissy
Have had enormous argument with parents consisting of me saying I never want to go back again.

I have also been dreaming of my dad throwing darts at me and me trying to impress him by cooking curry and him saying I was stupid :frown:

Is this abnormal? everyone else at uni misses home and I don't ever want to go back :frown:

I miss seeing my friends from back home, but i have never been home sick of missed home - not saying that i dont like being home
Reply 11
blissy

Why don't u ever want to go bak home? U don't like ur parents much or just don't like the idea of coming back from where u started? I personally cldn't think of a more crappy existent than to move bak home after uni...no way wld i ever ever ever do that! it wld be like going bak to square 1 again! No thanx!!!!!!!

Sxxx
angelzland
Thus is probably a really wierd thing to say but my parents are way toooooo slack...anyone else in this situation? It really annnoys me.....

Sxx

Yes, mine don't care about me whatsoever.

It has its slight advantages, but in the grand scheme of things it really hurts....
Reply 13
Dorest?! ME = Devon!

(I still love the Westcountry though - and I generally put on the accent when I meet friends of friends to see their reaction)
blissy

I can't wait to leave, I'll just have to try and stay sane until I am lucky enough to be free.
Reply 15
bono
Yes, mine don't care about me whatsoever.

It has its slight advantages, but in the grand scheme of things it really hurts....

But being slack and not caring are 2 different things tho....anyways hw do ur parents ignore u? surely they don't!

Sxx
Reply 16
angelzland
Why don't u ever want to go bak home? U don't like ur parents much or just don't like the idea of coming back from where u started? I personally cldn't think of a more crappy existent than to move bak home after uni...no way wld i ever ever ever do that! it wld be like going bak to square 1 again! No thanx!!!!!!!

Sxxx

it's very very difficult to go from independent to dependent every 8 weeks.
Reply 17
blissy
Dorest?! ME = Devon!

(I still love the Westcountry though - and I generally put on the accent when I meet friends of friends to see their reaction)

haha - my flatmates say i have a dorset accent, but i dont think so.
I agree, westcountry rocks
angelzland
But being slack and not caring are 2 different things tho....anyways hw do ur parents ignore u? surely they don't!

Sxx

Look, I'll show you 2 examples:

'Parent shouts at son for not doing homework. Parent has talk with son and encourages him to work. Parent and child talk normally. Parent goes to parents evenings as she cares about her son.' - Mother who cares, decent parents.

Next scenario:

'Mother never talks to son, mother never says anything when son is upset, mother never says anything when he is clearly depressed and not speaking much. Kid tries to avoid father whenever he can as he dispises him and is worried. Mother never goes to parents evenings, saying, it doesn't mean anything.' - Parents who don't care.

Clear cut now?
I'd rather they were embarassing than they are now...

Latest

Trending

Trending