The Student Room Group

I'm being followed by a seagull.

Srs thread, no joke.

It all began Friday when I was walking to the university library. There was a seagull, with a distinctive red spot on the upper left eye, perched on the black hand railing outside the Law School. I remember thinking it looked a bit bizarre perched there. When I walked past it, it seemed to look at me and I could sense an intelligence behind those eyes. It followed me as I went past. Exactly, 10 seconds later I heard a flutter of wings and a dollop of whitish poo hit my coat. After much cursing, I made it to the university library and gents toliets to clean the mess.

Then on Saturday, I spotted a seagull hanging around outside the library. It was attacking a paper bag quite viciously and occasionally stopping to look around as if to non-verbally ask whether anybody wanted to challenge it's territory. However, it immediately stopped to stare at me when I came within a 10 metre radius. It just sort of stood upright and cocked it's head towards me. I got a good look at it and recognised the red spot on the upper left eye. After giving it a resentful sigh, I turned back to go home. Exactly 1 mile later, as I was approaching a busy crossing, I felt a splat near me. A flutter wings brushed overheard and I caught a glimpse of the seagull with the red spot land a few feet ahead of me. :emo:

Monday (today): The seagull with the red spot on the upper left eye pictured below. Waiting for me near the bus stop which is nowhere near our last 2 encounters. It's the same one. It has it in for me. :emo:

I'm not paranoid. :pierre: Advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Invest in a shotgun
hide in your cellar and it'll soon move on gd luck hun
Reply 3
wrap a teaspoon of baking soda in a slice of bread, and squish it into a small ball, feed to bird, do not tell anyone i suggested this.
:0
Probably nothing, but funny nonetheless :P

Spoiler

You have to brutally kill it.

Seagulls never lose a trail, it will hunt you until the day you die. They are incredibly hard to trap but a well placed hatchet to the neck will do the job.

May god be with you, remember if it pecks you the virus is passed on and you become a seagull (unless you kill the seagull that pecked you before dawn of the next day ofc)

Read all about it in my latest book:

£12.99 RRP
£8.99 for students studying gullography
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Now ive seen everything on TSR :pierre:

(edited 12 years ago)
:zomg: Call the army.... this is some next ****

On the serious note......

Spoiler

Reply 8
Perhaps it is trying to warn you of the crime against fashion your coat is committing. If you have an ugly coat.
Otherwise, it's a message from the heavens and you must decipher it. Stare at the poop until the face of Albus Dumbledore appears in its depths. He will give you your next clue. Go forth, my friend.
Reply 9
Being **** on by a bird is meant to be lucky :borat:
Reply 10
tell the police! stalking is a crime..she'l get at lest 5 years!
Step one:

Step two:

Reply 12
Lure it with a pack of ready salted walkers then pull your pants down and give it a taste of its own medicine.

On a more serious note, I don't know why but this reminded me of Crimewatch for some reason :p:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...ONE OF THE MOST FUNNIEST THREADS I'VE EVER READ...NO JOKE!

:yy:

This thread has honestly made my day....:moon:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Even if this is a troll, it's still pretty funny. Why don't you just run towards it and it'll fly away? It'll show who's boss.
Reply 15
Haha a similar case was on Rude Tube, some fat middle aged guy was being ferociously swooped on by seagulls..

It's probably just a random attack, it'll go away soon enough.

:smug:

(edited 12 years ago)
My faith in humanity is restored
My life is complete. It really is.

:smile:
Reply 18
OP, am confused about what sort of gull it is, you say 'upper left eye' how many left eyes does it have?
Are you 100% sure that is the same seagull and not another member of the secret unit of militant seagulls whose sole aim is to ruin your day?
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest