The Student Room Group

My doctor has a Subaru car, is that unusual for a doctor? I thought they are chavvy?

It's weird seeing him in a Subaru, especially when he seems nothing like the type of person who would drive a car like that. He has short hair, glasses, light voiced, but he drives a fast motor like that. I thought it was only "rude boys" and "chavs" who had that type of car lol.

What do you think about that? haha.

Scroll to see replies

I think you're stupid for stereotyping people by their car. Who cares what he drives.
Reply 2
Chavs drive cars that look like Subarus - you couldn't afford a modern Subaru on benefits and "thievin' moneh".
Reply 3
which subaru? an impreza? :coma:
Reply 4

That's a pretty ****ing awesome doctor you have there.
Reply 5
Original post by Cool Cat

Original post by Cool Cat
which subaru? an impreza? :coma:

Yeah haha!
Reply 6
Original post by Josh_Dey

Original post by Josh_Dey

That's a pretty ****ing awesome doctor you have there.

I know, right! to top it off, he's one of the best doctors in the surgery. He even teached and trained the med students of Barts and london school of medicine! He's not that old either, only in his mid 30's.
Reply 7
Original post by TheEnigmaUK
I know, right! to top it off, he's one of the best doctors in the surgery. He even teached and trained the med students of Barts and london school of medicine! He's not that old either, only in his mid 30's.

Marry him.
(I know you're male. Still. Marry him.)
Reply 8
Can i have his surgery number?
Reply 9
Subarus are an awesome piece of machine.

But i like the Mitsubishi evo's more
Reply 10
Original post by Logan
Subarus are an awesome piece of machine.

But i like the Mitsubishi evo's more

mmMmmm evo's :yy:

can't go wrong with a nice supra or celica either

:drool:
Reply 11
Original post by Superlogon

Original post by Superlogon
Can i have his surgery number?

Yeah sure, it's 04-sorry can't do that for you-86
Depends what Subaru surely?

In any case, why do you care, and care on enough of a level to get home and post on TSR about it?
Reply 13
Doctors can still be chavvy... you don't see what they wear on their days off!

Although, as if you actually made a note of what car your doctor drives...?
Reply 14
Original post by twelve

Original post by twelve
Doctors can still be chavvy... you don't see what they wear on their days off!

Although, as if you actually made a note of what car your doctor drives...?

I didn't make a note of what he drives, I just saw him driving around my town obviously out on house calls, it was crazy to see a doctor drive around in a suped up Subaru! lol.
Reply 15
Original post by Landie_Man

Original post by Landie_Man
Depends what Subaru surely?

In any case, why do you care, and care on enough of a level to get home and post on TSR about it?

It's just something you don't expect with a doctor, as they usually have professional cars.
Oh please, the NHS is filled with retarded chavavian doctors.
Reply 17
It's just something you don't expect with a doctor, as they usually have professional cars.

Define "professional" cars. Most of my doctor friends are still on their ****ty student cars - Corsas, Clios etc (I had a Ka which I sold before it turned into a giant lump of rust). The consultants/GPs often go for something big and a bit flashy if they're into that sort of thing, but plenty of them, like a lot of the rest of the general population, don't really care too much about the image of their cars and will buy something that gets them from A to B with minimal fuss.
It's weird seeing him in a Subaru, especially when he seems nothing like the type of person who would drive a car like that. He has short hair, glasses, light voiced, but he drives a fast motor like that. I thought it was only "rude boys" and "chavs" who had that type of car lol.

What do you think about that? haha.

Impreza? They're great cars, why wouldn't he drive one. It's not like we're talking an XR3i.

EDIT: tell him his next car should be a Nissan GT-R.
(edited 12 years ago)
Who cares what he drives? Subarus only get so much bad rep because of the biased newspapers and media outlets in this country, maybe the doctor in question is just a sports car enthusiast who has a 'different' set of tastes in the types of cars he/she likes if I had the money I'd buy a goddamn Subaru too :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest