The Student Room Group

My doctor has a Subaru car, is that unusual for a doctor? I thought they are chavvy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cool Cat
mmMmmm evo's :yy:

can't go wrong with a nice supra or celica either

:drool:

I got a gen 6 gt4 celica :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by Logan
I got a gen 6 gt4 celica :tongue:

lucky barsteward :colonhash:

:tongue:
Reply 22
I used to work with a woman who seemed like your average mid 40s-50 year old - quite quiet, unassuming, lovely to speak to. And then one day I saw her doing a rolling four-wheel burnout across the wet carpark in her Impreza STI. I was surprised to say the least, but man she loved that car.
Original post by Josh_Dey

That's a pretty ****ing awesome doctor you have there.

I have that on scalextrix. Ye. I'm cool. :yep: :cool:
Reply 24
Doctors aren't always sexually repressed middle aged boring bastards who drive wallpaper pastemobiles.
Reply 25
You buy what you fancy.
If anyone tried to tell me what sort of car i should be buying I'd tell them to go fourth and multiply.
It's rare but it does happen. I know a consultant with an impreza too. Mostly though they drive either a standard newish car or something bit more executive like e class, 5 series e.t.c
How has this not been mentioned?

Reply 28
You have quite possibly the most epic doctor ever. Though if I'm completely honest I know a lot of doctors that drive crappy cars and a lot of them that don't feel the need to have an enormous house and get really nice cars. In the States a subaru isn't a chavy car sooooo
Reply 29
Original post by digitalis

lmao, THAT is my calling!!
People who've never owned or driven a Subaru call them chavvy. People who have call them AWESOME ! Best car I've ever owned, by a long way.
Reply 31
Original post by digitalis

Hahah wow, that spoiler looks like it comes off a biplane :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by Arekkusu
Hahah wow, that spoiler looks like it comes off a biplane :biggrin:

It's also funcitonal :biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by TheEnigmaUK
It's weird seeing him in a Subaru, especially when he seems nothing like the type of person who would drive a car like that. He has short hair, glasses, light voiced, but he drives a fast motor like that. I thought it was only "rude boys" and "chavs" who had that type of car lol.

What do you think about that? haha.

Emergency call-out doctors at the Royal London Hospital all have Scoobies - well at least they did have when I was at QM.
The new Scooby STi with the Colin McRae wing does look very subject to opinion though!
My english teacher back in secondary school drove a Subaru Impreza. Now if you had seen him driving you would have assumed he was a typical teenage boyracer, not a fully grown man with an english degree. But to be fair he was quite young, in his late 20s to early 30s.

So there you go, I think you need to stop assuming the type of car people will drive based on their profession.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ice Constricter
My english teacher back in secondary school drove a Subaru Impreza. Now if had seen him driving you would have assumed he was a typical teenage boyracer, not a fully grown with an english degree. But to be fair he was quite young, in his late 20s to early 30s.

So there you go, I think you need to stop assuming the type of car people will drive based on their profession.

My maths teacher has a mazda. Shes old so that was quite wierd.

I agree. Why is there even a big discussion on it anyway?
The mans rich and he likes cars.. so he bought a flashy car. Theres nothing chavvy about it. All the celebrities have nice cars.. they dont get called chavs.
Original post by Ayesha.Tabassam95
My maths teacher has a mazda. Shes old so that was quite wierd.

I agree. Why is there even a big discussion on it anyway?
The mans rich and he likes cars.. so he bought a flashy car. Theres nothing chavvy about it. All the celebrities have nice cars.. they dont get called chavs.

IKR. I mean, I've never understood the notion of 'chavvy cars' (well apart from the typical souped up supermini). Surely it's the actual person that makes the car chavvy, not the car that makes them chavvy?
Reply 37
Will you still be judging him when you break your neck out in the Sahara desert and he comes racing along in his Subaru to save you?
There's nothing wrong driving a scoobie..:smile:
Original post by Ice Constricter
IKR. I mean, I've never understood the notion of 'chavvy cars' (well apart from the typical souped up supermini). Surely it's the actual person that makes the car chavvy, not the car that makes them chavvy?

How is a mini a chavvy car?? I mean I dont like them theyre ***p but I think theyre more girly than chavvy. Sorry for the sterotyping.
Yes! I totally agree. Plus I dont think chavs can afford them. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest