The Student Room Group

How to make a girl lose interest in me?

A girl has recently started talking to me a lot.. I am just not looking for a relationship though. She is really nice and all, but I just am not attracted to her in that way and I know that she likes me... She is normally the one that starts conversations, but I am always nice to her, maybe my problem is that I'm being too nice, I just don't want to lead her on, but at the same time I don't want to tell her that I just don't like her in that way..

I am really stuck here, no idea what I should do :frown:
Maybe she just likes talking? I mean seriously, I talk a lot to guys or girls and it really doesn't mean I want a relationship with them, I just talk a lot.
Reply 2
Original post by Peli-Pelican
Maybe she just likes talking? I mean seriously, I talk a lot to guys or girls and it really doesn't mean I want a relationship with them, I just talk a lot.

I know, but my friends have all told me that she is really in to me because she told one of them, and when she's around me she is always really shy. So i'm pretty sure she likes me more than just a friend
Reply 3
Tell her you're gay.
Ah, well maybe just not being alone with her for extended periods will keep her safely in the friend zone
Reply 5
I was in a similar situation to you but I messed up, if you don't like her don't get drunk and kiss her - that was a terrible mistake. :ahee:

Just be friendly with her, in the same way you would with your other friends. If she tells you she likes you then just let her down gently, tell her you think she's nice but you're not looking for a relationship (with anyone not just her) and you hope you can still be friends.
You'll have to ride it out, she'll move on. Unless she's crazy.
Reply 7
Ok thanks, I think it could be hard.. she wished me a happy valentines day just now, I said it back, and she was talking about how she wasn't doing anything tomorrow.. Ah I hate being in this position!
Reply 8
Original post by 344302
Tell her you're gay.

I was going to say this exact same thing.
Reply 9
Flip the tables on her and bombard her with phonecalls, flowers and declarations of love? Sure that would scare her off.

Tell her you've got an STD?

Spread a false rumour that you are a selfish lover with a small manhood?

I'll get back to you if I come up with any others.
Reply 10
Well this certainly is a change of theme for a post.. Getting RID of a girl! XD

I had the same issue.. unfortunately.. she got her way.. and she was lustful O~o
Al least your conversations were good.. hers were either about her dogs.. or school ¬.¬

Just be careful what you say to her, it's all I can say!
Original post by midlandsman
1) Flip the tables on her and bombard her with phonecalls, flowers and declarations of love? Sure that would scare her off.

I numbered your post in case you don't mind.

But what if she isn't scared off, that would be leading her on wouldn't it? And by doing this she'd be the one rejecting the OP instead of the other way round, she might even go around telling everyone she rejected him.

2) Tell her you've got an STD?

Why would he wanna do that lol?

3) Spread a false rumour that you are a selfish lover with a small manhood?

Small manhood lol, again she might go around telling everyone about it, also she will forever think that the guy she liked rejected her because he was insecure of his small penis. Somehow, I doubt that's a thought you want to put in anyones head, let alone a girl.

I'll get back to you if I come up with any others.

And before you say it, yes I know you weren't at all being serious with your post, I just felt the need to reply, forgive me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Ice Constricter
I numbered your post in case you don't mind.

But what if she isn't scared off, that would be leading her on wouldn't it? And by doing this she'd be the one rejecting the OP instead of the other way round, she might even go around telling everyone she rejected him.

Why would he wanna do that lol?

Small manhood lol, again she might go around telling everyone about it, also she will forever think that the guy she liked rejected her because he was insecure of his small penis. Somehow, I doubt that's a thought you want to put in anyones head, let alone a girl.

And before you say it, yes I know you weren't at all being serious with your post, I just felt the need to reply, forgive me.

Well whatever floats your boat I guess. Tell you what, if you give us a fiver I'll come up with some stupid ideas for breaking into fort knox. Then you can have fun shooting them down.
Reply 13
Hahaa, yeah the problem is that we have quite a few mutual friends so that would be a bit funny spreading rumours like that around! :tongue:

Oh god, we are going to the same party this weekend and she's talking about seeing me there and that she'll come looking for me :eek
Well whatever floats your boat I guess. Tell you what, if you give us a fiver I'll come up with some stupid ideas for breaking into fort knox. Then you can have fun shooting them down.

I'll decline that, thanks for the offer though. :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
A girl has recently started talking to me a lot.. I am just not looking for a relationship though. She is really nice and all, but I just am not attracted to her in that way and I know that she likes me... She is normally the one that starts conversations, but I am always nice to her, maybe my problem is that I'm being too nice, I just don't want to lead her on, but at the same time I don't want to tell her that I just don't like her in that way..

I am really stuck here, no idea what I should do :frown:

OP, in this sort of situation you need to be careful - in response to some of the things you've said:

1) You said she talks to you alot/starts the conversation - I do that with a lot of guys I work with - doesn't mean I fancy them.

2) Your friends says she said she likes you. Something similar happened to my flatmate in uni - she got with a guy (drunken night out) was interested but wasn't really expecting anything from it. She's naturally bubbly and friendly and would talk to him - as she would with anyone. Then one of his football mates came out with "I heard this girl basically stalked the guy"/"Was really full-on" :rolleyes: .

I've personally learnt the hard way if someone says something about someone else - take it with a pinch of salt. Meanings/content tend to change as the message passes through the next person.

3) She's really shy around - again it might be a matter of not wanting to look like a douche. Again, I do that - I do it with everyone that I'm not friends with - it's not that I'm shy per se, I'm just trying to think of something interesting to say!q

4) She said Happy valentine's day etc. Again, no big deal - just because she said those things doesn't mean anything.

My advice would be the same as Dorito - be friendly, until she actually does something that definitely says "Yes, I like you" then you can tell her. You avoid her/tell her you're not into her without justification and you'll just end up looking like the bad guy.
I know how you feel OP, I'm in the situation right now but luckily it's half term :colondollar:
Reply 17
Just pull another girl in front of her at the party. She will get the idea.
Reply 18
What would shove her off a little is if you start talking to her like you're pretty close, and start saying things like so there this girl i like (and give descriptions far from hers so she doesnt assume its herself) Im pretty sure she'll get you're not into her. That way you'll put her down without her knowing you know she likes you :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending