Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Postgraduates 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by caligulina
Woo!

In at St. Chad's. My day is brighter already.

When did you apply?

I submitted my college application on 22 March and still nothing!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 101
Three weeks ago this Thursday. :smile: I guess I wrote a good "please let me in" statement.
Reply 102
Original post by Durham_
When did you apply?

I submitted my college application on 22 March and still nothing!

I applied on the 21st and I still haven't heard anything either. :frown:
Reply 103
Original post by Mod Calm

Got the offer for my first college preference!

St Cuths :smile:

Super excited!!!
Reply 104
Original post by Mod Calm

You should be finding out soon!!!
Reply 105
Original post by Durham_
You should be finding out soon!!!

Hope so! They said within 3 weeks of submitting the application and it's the end of the 3rd week today - so should hear soon.
Yea I got into St. Chad's as well :smile:
Reply 107
I got my acceptance email from St Aiden's today :smile:
Any1 doing developmental cognitive neuroscience @durham?
Reply 109
I visited Durham Tuesday!!! WOW...
Stunning place....so beautiful!

I will see you there in September :biggrin:
Reply 110
I'll be in St. Chads as well!

Yeah Durham_, the school looks amazing!
Reply 111
Just got my offer from St Johns :-)
Reply 112
Original post by Durham_
I visited Durham Tuesday!!! WOW...
Stunning place....so beautiful!

I can't wait to get there! The most I've seen of it is from pictures, but it looks amazing.
Reply 113
Msc Finance (Finance and Investment)
Ustinov College
Will be 22 when I start

Are there many people around 21-23 in Ustinov or do they mostly go to other colleges?
Original post by mike1490
Msc Finance (Finance and Investment)
Ustinov College
Will be 22 when I start

Are there many people around 21-23 in Ustinov or do they mostly go to other colleges?

I got Ustinov and I just turned 24. I’m sure there will be a lot of younger people there with a good number of older students too.

I was personally more worried about being outnumbered by teenagers at other colleges!
Reply 115
Original post by Hopefully2013
I got Ustinov and I just turned 24. I’m sure there will be a lot of younger people there with a good number of older students too.

I was personally more worried about being outnumbered by teenagers at other colleges!

Yeah I chose Ustinov because I would be the odd one out around 18/19 year olds and I know I will need to work harder than I have for undergrad so Ustinov will probably be less roudy! I still hope the oldies will be up for a good night out though because I am not old enough to leave that side of uni behind me yet ha.
Original post by mike1490
Yeah I chose Ustinov because I would be the odd one out around 18/19 year olds and I know I will need to work harder than I have for undergrad so Ustinov will probably be less roudy! I still hope the oldies will be up for a good night out though because I am not old enough to leave that side of uni behind me yet ha.

I think there will be lot of people who are up for craziness. Maybe not at the family housing but everywhere else I don't think it will be a problem.

I'm also really excited to be involved with some of the societies they offer! I will be really busy studying of course but I still want to be involved.
Reply 117
Original post by Hopefully2013
I think there will be lot of people who are up for craziness. Maybe not at the family housing but everywhere else I don't think it will be a problem.

I'm also really excited to be involved with some of the societies they offer! I will be really busy studying of course but I still want to be involved.

Hopefully, which societies are you looking at? I'm hopefully (:-p) going to find and get involved with Oxfam, Transition Durham (local environmental NGO), and the International Development Society, although UNICEF and some of the others look great too. At my undergraduate college in VA, there were some humanitarian groups, but very few progressive-leaning groups, and only 1 geared toward anything like international development. It's really cool to have so much to choose from!
Reply 118
Hi guys!

Accepted my offer for MA Theology and Religion...

Applied to Chad's then Hatfield just now *fingers crossed* - extremely terrified about leaving the South West to go all the way to the North East! (though seeing people on here move from abroad makes me feel a bit silly!)
Unfortunately, I had to decline my offer to study at Durham this week - I wish the best of luck to all of you who are still waiting to hear from the uni or colleges!

Quick Reply

Latest