Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mobile App feedback

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tried to get it working with Tapa when I saw the notification the other day, but I'd never used Tapa before so couldn't find it.

When it's back up, how will I go about finding it exactly?
    • 164 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I tried to get it working with Tapa when I saw the notification the other day, but I'd never used Tapa before so couldn't find it.

When it's back up, how will I go about finding it exactly?
    A search for "student" pulled it up for me.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    A search for "student" pulled it up for me.
    First thing I tried :beard:

I'll give it another try when you get it working with vB4.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will there be a beta of the standalone? :teeth:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talexe)
    Windows Phone?
    Board Express for Tapatalk.

Problem is, if TSR launches a branded app and doesn't allow the regular Tapatalk to access the forums then Board Express won't be able to access them. A branded version of Board Express is possible if the TSR team deem it worthwhile.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Anyone else having issues with it?
    • 164 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    It doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Anyone else having issues with it?
    See post 20 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=36411672

The Tapatalk functionality has been temporarily disabled with the update to vB4.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    See post 20 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=36411672

The Tapatalk functionality has been temporarily disabled with the update to vB4.
    Yeah I saw that but that was a week ago so I thought it might be something else. But okey doke.
    • 164 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Yeah I saw that but that was a week ago so I thought it might be something else. But okey doke.
    I expect that we'll see an announcement from admin once it's all back up again.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for the mobile website!
    • 41 followers

Tapatalk is now working again

Our own version of the Tapatalk app is also underway now. It'll take us a few weeks to iron out the bumps before we release it - but it's in progress
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, thanks for the update
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    On Tapatalk for iPhone unable to load the latest posts?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Justin~)
    Go to favourites then threads
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any news on the app?

Tapatalk is quite limited since it misses a lot of TSR specific features.

One question; will latex be supported on the app?
    • 80 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Any news on the app?

I can hear people talking about the app' behind me as we speak. Will quote those that might know more...

(Original post by CN)
    (Original post by PK)
    (Original post by RK)
    • 41 followers

(Original post by ~Justin~)
    Yup - the "Latest" functionality isnt yet working as on TSR we use a different methodology for Latest. This will be fixed before our own app goes live.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everything to do with latex on TSR happens behind the scenes - you put bbcode-latex code (i.e. plain text) in your post, TSR parses it and displays it as an image when that post is requested.

"Why wouldn't it?" is my question here.
    • 41 followers

Any news on the app?

Development is well underway. I have a TSR branded version in my hot little hands

There are bugs to fix, and tweaks to be made, before we release it in Beta. We'll know more about the size of those bugs and how long they'll take to fix within a week. I'll try and keep you posted.

On day one it will be pretty much the same as the Tapatalk version - we want to get a version into use quickly so people can use it for the core functions of posting/viewing threads etc.. we can then see what else is in greatest demand to add after.

One thing we are clear on though is that we aren't going to fully reproduce all functions of TSR in an app - that would make it too complicated and lose the benefits of a nice, simple easy to use app. There will always be things that are best done when you get back to a PC rather than in an app - I suspect Latex may be one - but again we'll assess demand once we get the app out their being used.

Exciting stuff though - I think you will like
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrosson)
    Everything to do with latex on TSR happens behind the scenes - you put bbcode-latex code (i.e. plain text) in your post, TSR parses it and displays it as an image when that post is requested.

"Why wouldn't it?" is my question here.
    No sorry I meant would it be displayed on the app, I know it would still actually appear on the full site

(Original post by CN)
    Development is well underway. I have a TSR branded version in my hot little hands

There are bugs to fix, and tweaks to be made, before we release it in Beta. We'll know more about the size of those bugs and how long they'll take to fix within a week. I'll try and keep you posted.

On day one it will be pretty much the same as the Tapatalk version - we want to get a version into use quickly so people can use it for the core functions of posting/viewing threads etc.. we can then see what else is in greatest demand to add after.

One thing we are clear on though is that we aren't going to fully reproduce all functions of TSR in an app - that would make it too complicated and lose the benefits of a nice, simple easy to use app. There will always be things that are best done when you get back to a PC rather than in an app - I suspect Latex may be one - but again we'll assess demand once we get the app out their being used.

Exciting stuff though - I think you will like
    Thanks a lot for the reply - with regards to specific features that'd be including stuff like rep ('thanks' for XDA works on Tapatalk so I'd think that'd be fine) and displaying stuff like spoilers etc. But yeah I understand how you have to hit a middle-ground so it's still a smooth simple app.

Thanks again for the communication - hope to hear more soon
Updated: April 10, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.