Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mobile App feedback

Announcements Posted on
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    No sorry I meant would it be displayed on the app, I know it would still actually appear on the full site
    Ah I see.

But are you aware that all Latex does is display images? So if they're going to support smileys and/or images in the mobile app, they may as well support Latex - they're not far from the same thing.
    In fact, I've just had a look at a post with latex on the tapatalk app. Works fine. I believe the TSR app is going to be based on tapatalk (?), and it wouldn't make sense to remove features.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good.

Only thing I have found so far is spoiler tags make spoilers in post but they aren't parsed in quotes
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CN)
    Development is well underway. I have a TSR branded version in my hot little hands

There are bugs to fix, and tweaks to be made, before we release it in Beta. We'll know more about the size of those bugs and how long they'll take to fix within a week. I'll try and keep you posted.

On day one it will be pretty much the same as the Tapatalk version - we want to get a version into use quickly so people can use it for the core functions of posting/viewing threads etc.. we can then see what else is in greatest demand to add after.

One thing we are clear on though is that we aren't going to fully reproduce all functions of TSR in an app - that would make it too complicated and lose the benefits of a nice, simple easy to use app. There will always be things that are best done when you get back to a PC rather than in an app - I suspect Latex may be one - but again we'll assess demand once we get the app out their being used.

Exciting stuff though - I think you will like
    Love it. Can't wait till the beta is rolled out.
    • 41 followers

(Original post by Chrosson)
    Ah I see.

But are you aware that all Latex does is display images? So if they're going to support smileys and/or images in the mobile app, they may as well support Latex - they're not far from the same thing.
    In fact, I've just had a look at a post with latex on the tapatalk app. Works fine. I believe the TSR app is going to be based on tapatalk (?), and it wouldn't make sense to remove features.
    If it works in Tapatalk it will work on our app
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any word on an ETA for the app? I don't want to spend £2 on tapatalk just for the TSR app to come out! Will the Android version come out at the same time as iOS? Thanks.

(Original post by ChrisN)
    x
    • 168 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Any word on an ETA for the app? I don't want to spend £2 on tapatalk just for the TSR app to come out! Will the Android version come out at the same time as iOS? Thanks.
    Have you seen this? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1963429
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: Thanks, I should have done a search. Using it now
Updated: April 10, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.