Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Militant secularisation threat to religion, says Warsi

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    To the contrary, look at the world today; countries with atheist majorities are statistically better than those with religious majorities.
    Well the Communist pull down our statistics, China is majority atheist still.

We should differentiate between Democratic Atheist countries and Communist Atheist countries.

Atheism by choice is good.

Atheism by force is bad.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceezmad1)
    Well the Communist pull down our statistics, China is majority atheist still.

We should differentiate between Democratic Atheist countries and Communist Atheist countries.

Atheism by choice is good.

Atheism by force is bad.
    Still:

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still:

Hey 3 out of 10 is pretty good in baseball.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt rep you, so I quoted it to make it show up again.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think it's hilarious that an unelected adherent of one of the most violent, intolerant 'religions' (Islam) on the planet is lecturing secularists about militancy and intolerance.

Maybe the 'Baroness' should concentrate on stopping the grooming gangs run by her co-religionists, and the persecution of non-Muslims in Islamic states.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Secularism, a threat. Yes because keeping religious views away from politics in a multi faith society is a bad thing. I suppose we should go back to our 'Christian roots' and push for a ban on homosexuality, because the Catholic church deems it wrong, right?

Sigh.. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeuralGroove)

**** Baroness Warsi, she's a moron.
    ...a moron appointed by David Cameron to be a cabinet minister without portfolio and chair person of the Conservative party. Is he a moron too?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    ...a moron appointed by David Cameron to be a cabinet minister without portfolio and chair person of the Conservative party. Is he a moron too?
    Do you want my honest answer?

And since when did the trappings of public office confer intelligence upon them? We can both point to contesting presidential nominees in the US as examples for the shallow end of the gene pool that can manage to appease the public.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binkey)
    Examples?
    Well the recent attempt by the US govt to force religious organisations to pay for contraception, sterilisation, and abortion

If you're talking about abortion many are now happy - the insurance companies will fund womens' family planning.
    You obviously don't bother to follow the news then. No one is happy other than Obama. The US Catholic Bishops reply called the proposal "insulting" and compared it to an accounting trick. And day by day they're joined by more and more critics.

What else are they interfering with? (remembering they have very explicit separation of church and state in the US constitution).
    I'm well aware what's in the US constitution thank you. You might like to inform Mr. Obama though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is no implicit separation of Church and State in our constitution, Some states do have it and the courts as far as I know have made it so there is a separation like there should be IMO.

Some Justices do disagree.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think we all know what she was trying to say is that militant religion, in other words islam, is a threat to secularism, democracy and civilisation.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 26, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.