Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what remake do we want

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edBCC...eature=related This needs to be remade
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Planet of the Apes, again. a 2012 version would be epic. I remember watching the original and it was obviously people in poor outfits...still good though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the X-men films had potential. X-men origins: Wolverine especially. (Hugh Jackman is a bad ass). I'm almost ashamed to watch them though.

Another film I think had potential but really lost out was The Expendables.

I would still use the same actors in these films but actually make them worth watching and remove the majority of cheese from the script/story line. And by 'I', I mean someone else... 'cus I would suck at making a film.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastel)
    I think the X-men films had potential. X-men origins: Wolverine especially. (Hugh Jackman is a bad ass). I'm almost ashamed to watch them though.

I would still use the same actors in these films but actually make them worth watching and remove the majority of cheese from the script/story line. And by 'I', I mean someone else... 'cus I would suck at making a film.
    I really didn't like the Wolverine movie, because all it did was aim to explain facts (of a fictional character's story), instead of telling a story. Really disappointed that Darren Arnofsky (sp?) isn't going to direct Wolverine 2 anymore .
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastel)

I agree, I love X-Men.

I heard that they're making sequels to First Class and they're doing another Origins movie, on Deadpool, I think.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, also, they should make a movie version of Dead Space. The animated movie was good and all but an actual live-action version would be pretty damn awesome, I think.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The Towering Inferno

Could not disagree more with people suggesting X-Men, Dragonball, etc.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    YESSSSSSS! that thing they called a film was disgusting, they altered the story line so much and the people they cast were so bad its ruined one of the best book series'
    yup
    i love the alex rider series (i conveniently ignore the various 'coincidences' which make the storylines unlikely)
    BUT the film was rubbish....my friends didnt get why i like the books somuch cos theyd only seen the film =(
    plus i swear they changed some of the characters...
    not to mention the whole storyline...with the layout of m16 etc
    and alex looked about 18 rather than 14!
    /rant
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Taking it from a 'missed potential' angle, I'd personally say films like 'The Golden Compass' or 'The Last Airbender' should be remade. However, films that are already awesome shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the word 'remake'. If anyone says something like 'Goodfellas' or 'Back to the Future', I will hurt things. :unimpressed:
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Ohhh BNW, throw in 1984 as well but whoever does remake these best do it properly and not ruin the legacy left behind by the books.
    Definitely! I would have said 1984 but I've never seen the old film. Still, both are classic dystopian fantasies, they're two of the best (I would say the best, but there are one or two others as well) and they should have suitably brilliant film adaptations. 1984 wouldn't be hard to do well.

(Original post by Historophilia)
    This, they clearly read the book once and then threw it in the bin!
    I saw the film first, thought it was crap and couldn't get the image of it out of my head, so I only read the book a year or so ago. Wish I'd read it when I was younger, so many missed years! If I have children I am making them read it. Oh my God...what if all my children hate reading? :eek:
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuu)
    Taking it from a 'missed potential' angle, I'd personally say films like 'The Golden Compass' or 'The Last Airbender' should be remade. However, films that are already awesome shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the word 'remake'. If anyone says something like 'Goodfellas' or 'Back to the Future', I will hurt things. :unimpressed:
    I agree about the Golden Compass!! Although when I first saw the film I loved it. But that was before I read the book, and they totally wrecked it. If they'd done it well they could have done the sequels as well, although I hate the sequels because I can't stand Will.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    I saw the film first, thought it was crap and couldn't get the image of it out of my head, so I only read the book a year or so ago. Wish I'd read it when I was younger, so many missed years! If I have children I am making them read it. Oh my God...what if all my children hate reading? :eek:
    Oh no

I adore the book so much, I still reread it occasionally at 19!

If children don''t like reading they are getting Clockwork Orange style treatment, strapped to a chair with their eyes held open and forced to read the classics!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh no

I adore the book so much, I still reread it occasionally at 19!

If children don''t like reading they are getting Clockwork Orange style treatment, strapped to a chair with their eyes held open and forced to read the classics!
    Haha. Excellent plan. I was thinking a 1984 style thing myself. Instead of forcing them to love Big Brother (God forbid I should ever let that happen to my kids), I'll force them to love reading. :lol: Or the Brave New World tactic of getting them to subconciously absorb it as they sleep. :lol:
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see another version of Paycheck. It's based off a Philip K. Dick short story and had a lot of potential but didn't develop the ideas at all, and the acting and direction was pretty atrocious. So a good version of that would make me happy.

And they can even make it worse, look at the remake of the Italian Job!
    That was a sequel, not a remake.

(Original post by KaurPrincess)
    stormbreaker
    Mmm, yes. Very good shout. One of the most disappointing trips I had to the cinema was seeing that film. I loved the books so much.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Goodfellas 2
    600 Spartans
    Scarface 2
    Space Jam 2
    Equilibrium 2
    And how would equilibrium 2 pan out? I love the movie but I can't see how they would get anywhere with it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Goodfellas 2
    600 Spartans
    Scarface 2
    Space Jam 2
    Equilibrium 2
    Those aren't remakes, they're sequels.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    Inkheart

That film was atrocious. Which is odd, cos it's got some great actors/actresses in there, but the interpretation of Capricorn just felt wrong. I thought he was going to be, well, evil, not your classic comedic villain-with-an-english-accent type thing. I hate the film.
    :sadnod: I agree, Capricon was just.. so.. wrong.
    The story was wrong Basta was wrong! :mad:

It's a shame, could have been a really decent film.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outworn)
    :sadnod: I agree, Capricon was just.. so.. wrong.
    The story was wrong Basta was wrong! :mad:

It's a shame, could have been a really decent film.
    Don't get me wrong, Andy Serkis is a great actor, just the way they had Capricorn in the film wasn't right. And Basta...eugh. Nothing like the character at all! Mo was nothing like how I'd pictured either. But apparently Cornelia Funke imagined him exactly like that. :lol:

It could, there was so much potential there! I'd like to see it remade, and done well.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, Andy Serkis is a great actor, just the way they had Capricorn in the film wasn't right. And Basta...eugh. Nothing like the character at all! Mo was nothing like how I'd pictured either. But apparently Cornelia Funke imagined him exactly like that. :lol:

It could, there was so much potential there! I'd like to see it remade, and done well.
    Yeah.. just completely wrong. :pinch: Seemed to focus more on the comedy side of the villains than anything else, really didn't think it worked well at all. I thought Paul Bettany was brilliant as Dustfinger though! Just a shame his story was so rushed and crammed in, boo.

Ah well, will always love the book! :love:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't Look Now - the book was great but the film was just awful i love both Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland but the way it was cut and edited was just... odd.

IT - Again, loved the book and i thought the film version with Tim Curry was good but watching it now, you can't help but feel its a little dated. I thought the child actors in the film were particularly brilliant, but i still say remake it now and make a new generation scared of clowns

Poltergeist - Great premise for a film, but again the film and its effects are tad dated

My list for movies which shouldn't have been remade is longer

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 4, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.