The Student Room Group

Unrequited love sucks

I like someone, and someone I live with is now single, pretty etc and I think it's pretty obvious that he likes her, they're great friends. As far as I know nothing has happened but it might have, I don't know for sure.

This girl is one of my best friends, but I'm getting so jealous about all the attention she's getting from him. I think she likes him too, he's such a nice guy. She's just come out of a long term relationship and I feel like I'm struggling to find anyone and she's got someone else after her already.

I end up upset on nights out, this is a recent thing but it's getting me down so I wondered if anyone had any advice for how to cope with it? I also feel I'm resenting her and I don't mean to. I like him so much and I thought there could be something betwee us but then my friend suddenly became single and I think he's always had a soft spot for her.

Plus I have confidence issues, I'm desperate for someone to like me and I constantly feel inadequate. I hate it so much but I'm stuck in a rut! I'm 19 and my longest relationship was 4 months, I've only slept with one person and I feel like a hoplessly inexperienced loser when everyone else just talks about who've they've slept with and sex.
Ask her out dude! You have nothing to lose.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Ask her out dude! You have nothing to lose.

No I like the guy, I'm a girl and my friend's a girl. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I like someone, and someone I live with is now single, pretty etc and I think it's pretty obvious that he likes her, they're great friends. As far as I know nothing has happened but it might have, I don't know for sure.

This girl is one of my best friends, but I'm getting so jealous about all the attention she's getting from him. I think she likes him too, he's such a nice guy. She's just come out of a long term relationship and I feel like I'm struggling to find anyone and she's got someone else after her already.

I end up upset on nights out, this is a recent thing but it's getting me down so I wondered if anyone had any advice for how to cope with it? I also feel I'm resenting her and I don't mean to. I like him so much and I thought there could be something betwee us but then my friend suddenly became single and I think he's always had a soft spot for her.

Plus I have confidence issues, I'm desperate for someone to like me and I constantly feel inadequate. I hate it so much but I'm stuck in a rut! I'm 19 and my longest relationship was 4 months, I've only slept with one person and I feel like a hoplessly inexperienced loser when everyone else just talks about who've they've slept with and sex.

Don't worry, you are only 19 years old! I think you should forget about this guy, and the next guy just tell him how you feel, the worst thing that can happen is rejection, and rejection isnt a big deal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending