The Student Room Group

Driving test tomorrow morning..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bad8oy
booked one bro but it takes the piss the guy had me off. for the cheek they pass crap drivers all the time. just a waste of £50 :frown:
hbu u taken yours yet??

Don't worry luck just wasn't on your side that day regarding to your examiner.

Next time I'm sure you know what to do anyway.

I've only had 8 hours of lessons so still got quite a few before booking.
Reply 21
Original post by *Hakz*
Don't worry luck just wasn't on your side that day regarding to your examiner.

Next time I'm sure you know what to do anyway.

I've only had 8 hours of lessons so still got quite a few before booking.

good luck :P how u finding it??? i had 15, maybe book your test when u hit 13 lessons if your feeling confident enough.
Reply 22
I know a girl who believes wishing someone luck in plain English, with no irony, brings on the evil eye... I think it's the same reason actors say "break a leg".

Davey

Original post by Jin3011
She's negging everyone who wished her luck:s-smilie:
Reply 23
Original post by bad8oy
good luck :P how u finding it??? i had 15, maybe book your test when u hit 13 lessons if your feeling confident enough.

WOW you had so little compared to other people on here.

My instructor said I was a quick learner so I guess that's motivated me more in making sure I do under 20hrs of lessons as I've done quite a lot since I've started and my instructor pushes me to the limit. I've began driving from my university area to where our lessons take place and I also drive back now. Next thing to cover is dual carriageways/motorways and parking/reserving and then maybe, just maybe I might be ready.

Did you have any experiences with driving before (like parents etc) before you did 15 lessons?
Reply 24
Original post by *Hakz*
WOW you had so little compared to other people on here.

My instructor said I was a quick learner so I guess that's motivated me more in making sure I do under 20hrs of lessons as I've done quite a lot since I've started and my instructor pushes me to the limit. I've began driving from my university area to where our lessons take place and I also drive back now. Next thing to cover is dual carriageways/motorways and parking/reserving and then maybe, just maybe I might be ready.

Did you have any experiences with driving before (like parents etc) before you did 15 lessons?

lol joyriding ahhaa and cars are a big part of my life :P
Reply 25
Original post by bad8oy
lol joyriding ahhaa and cars are a big part of my life :P

Lol you're a criminal. I'm sure you can drive cars in a safe manner but you've gotta be able to show that to the examiner which you probably didn't do.
Reply 26
Original post by Jin3011
She's negging everyone who wished her luck:s-smilie:

I didn't neg anyone!

but thanks...
Reply 27
Original post by SimpleGirl
I didn't neg anyone!

but thanks...

Not much point in lying. Subscribers can see who negged them.
Reply 28
Original post by ilovehobnobs
They will just keep going- but it might mean basically your sat in traffic for your driving test.

Ie- if your in a traffic jam when your test is up, they will make you drive back to the test centre

But say you get out of traffic 38 minutes into your test, they will just take you back to the TC.

You lucky, lucky, being if that happens to you lol!

there was no traffic but unfortunately I failed :frown:
I've booked it again though, so will just have to wait and see what happens..
I'm not pregnant so it's okay :yy:

thanks for the advice - I'll make sure to get enough sleep :smile:

Tell them you're pregnant anyway, saves you having to do an emergency stop :tongue:
Reply 30
Original post by FXX
Not much point in lying. Subscribers can see who negged them.

But it really wasn't me.. :s-smilie:
Reply 31
I did two tests and did an emergency stop in both (i heard that every 3rd test does one don't quote me on that), I found my driving test went alot better than i thought, i think confidence is the key
Reply 32
Original post by bad8oy
i had my test on wednesday i got 4minor faults. but the d1ck head examiner failed me on purpose. i was going through traffic lights at 5mph in a queue of traffic and they went yellow as i was in the cycle box i had no choice but to stop. if i went i would of got major fault and i stayed and still got major fault. He well and truly screwd me just be carefull when approaching traffic lights as my friend had his test on the same day and failed for going through yellow and he was doing 35mph. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
good luck though

The examiner got it right, that is a major fault stopping there, it's stupid yes, but those are the rules. If the light has been green for while then don't move past the line unless you can clear the box....
Reply 33
Original post by bad8oy
i had my test on wednesday i got 4minor faults. but the d1ck head examiner failed me on purpose. i was going through traffic lights at 5mph in a queue of traffic and they went yellow as i was in the cycle box i had no choice but to stop. if i went i would of got major fault and i stayed and still got major fault. He well and truly screwd me just be carefull when approaching traffic lights as my friend had his test on the same day and failed for going through yellow and he was doing 35mph. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
good luck though

Don't worry, I feel your anger and frustration.
My examiner was a complete "d1ck head" too..

I've booked it again for April, what about you?
If you hit any parked cars, your instructor will expect you to leave your details. Simply get out of the car with a pen and a piece of paper, and write:

"Sorry, I hit you whilst on my driving test. My instructor thinks I'm leaving my registration and insurance details, but I'm not".

Then tuck this under one of their windscreen wipers and you'll be on your way.
Reply 35
Original post by The_Goose
Tell them you're pregnant anyway, saves you having to do an emergency stop :tongue:

haha, I'll keep that in mind next time :tongue:
Reply 36
Original post by marcusfox
If you hit any parked cars, your instructor will expect you to leave your details. Simply get out of the car with a pen and a piece of paper, and write:

"Sorry, I hit you whilst on my driving test. My instructor thinks I'm leaving my registration and insurance details, but I'm not".

Then tuck this under one of their windscreen wipers and you'll be on your way.

this made me laughhh! :biggrin:
thanks for the advice :yy:
Reply 37
Original post by jasond567
I did two tests and did an emergency stop in both (i heard that every 3rd test does one don't quote me on that), I found my driving test went alot better than i thought, i think confidence is the key

I didn't have to do emergency stop..
Reply 38
I didn't neg anyone!

but thanks...

I wished you good luck and you negged me :frown:
Anyways, what happened in your test?
Reply 39
Original post by Jin3011
Anyways, what happened in your test?

The examiner was completely out of order!
I'm a confident driver and I'm sure I can drive well and safely..
But he was huffing and rolling his eyes and just sitting there frustrated and that was putting me off soo much. Not to mention how pressurising it felt too :frown:
I had no minor mistakes but one major fault at a stupid mini roundabout..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending