Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your best charity shop find?

Announcements Posted on
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaykee93)
    I actually got my prom dress from a charity shop
    I think it was 100% silk or something, really great dress, got it for £25 (They were gonna sell it for like £90, but I was volunteering there on weekends, and my boss loved me )
    Not sure why you got negged for this :lolwut: I got mine from a charity shop too, about £20 I think. I never actually went to the prom in the end, so thank goodness I got it cheap
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I did volunteer work in a charity shop before, and while I never found anything for myself, there were some amazing baby clothes that I got for my little cousin. A brand new GORGEOUS Ralph Lauren dress for her for €2... my god. I can't imagine that people actually throw stuff like that away when it's not even worn.

The women who worked there said that it happened quite a bit regularly before the recession hit and a lot of people obviously became much more careful with their money. I don't really shop in charity shops though, to be honest, just for me I don't like rooting, because I work in retail part-time and I don't enjoy shopping as much anymore.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylafrances)
    hahaha a cancer research shop
    Nice one! :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Probably a few unworn J-Crew virgin wool jumpers and dior jeans..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    In terms of what I bought myself, it's probably the £60 River Island jacket I bought for £7.50. Trying to find an opportunity to wear it on a night out xD

In terms of what I've seen...a £350 silk designer fashion top for £10.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    A red Jacques Vert blazer for £2.50
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I found Duran duran's last CD (or I think it was their last one) from 2004 for £2.50 earlier! A quite decent price!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __IWalkTheLine)
    Hello thrifty folk of TSR

Today I found this

FCUK dress in the Cancer Research shop for 7 pounds; the website said it should have been £115!

This has inspired me to make this thread. What's the best thing you've ever found in a charity or second-hand shop?
    that dress is gorgeous :love: I once found a really nice pair of black high heels for about £3
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the annoying thing about charity shops is when you find something you would love and dirt cheap, but it's the wrong size.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    I think the annoying thing about charity shops is when you find something you would love and dirt cheap, but it's the wrong size.
    This. There's only so much I can do with safety pins, haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't think I've found anything spectacular, but I've found a few nice jumpers and tops over the years.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    A full tuxedo/DJ that could have been tailor-made for me for £10.
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    My prom dress! Green with green polka dots, kind of fifties style, £2.99 :awesome: And some girls spent that much without the decimal point...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    £1.75 for a pair of cream patent peak toe shoes! They were in mint condition to!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A pair Ralph Lauren jeans for £21 still tagged

It's the ones that don't fit that breaks my heart hehe
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I found a brand new Karen Millen jumper for £10 in my exact size, which would usually retail at around £110 - It's beautiful and I love it

I've also found a velvet dress for £2, and a velvet skirt for £3 (I adore velvet so I was very happy )
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Teach yourself bass
    Spanish novel
    French novel
    20p each
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I need to get myself down to the charity shops.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Barbour quilted jacket for £8 from a charity shop in pangbourne.

And my mum bought Prada (!!!) Brogues for £50 at the oxfam on King's Road.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got this H&M dress BNWT last week from PDSA, for £5.99 (admittedly it was only £20 to start with ). Looooovely

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.