The Student Room Group

DSA - Disabled students allowance

ok does anyone know what conditions fall under acceptance for the DSA? i know the obvious mental conditions will and that Dyslexia does but does anyone know if Dysgraphia does [for those who dont know what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysgraphia]
thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Any condition that will affect your day to day ability to study is included, you just need to ensure you have some confirmation/assessment/medical evidence to confirm it.

Dysgraphia would definately be covered as it would affect your ability to do things like note taking etc. You would need adaptive equipment and software to enable you to your course.

Once you apply for DSA including proof of your disability you will be asked to attend an assessment centre where they will thouroughly go through your course, how your disability affects you and what equipment/software/support or other financial expenses you will need to meet - the amount you get depends on this assessmnet of need.

apply now, cause I know that this process can often take a long time, good luck :smile:
Reply 2

Original post by KED
Any condition that will affect your day to day ability to study is included, you just need to ensure you have some confirmation/assessment/medical evidence to confirm it.

Dysgraphia would definately be covered as it would affect your ability to do things like note taking etc. You would need adaptive equipment and software to enable you to your course.

Once you apply for DSA including proof of your disability you will be asked to attend an assessment centre where they will thouroughly go through your course, how your disability affects you and what equipment/software/support or other financial expenses you will need to meet - the amount you get depends on this assessmnet of need.

apply now, cause I know that this process can often take a long time, good luck :smile:

thank you very much :smile: rep will be forth coming! :smile:
Reply 3
It's not done on conditions. It's done study needs.

Quick Reply