Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco Store Management Graduate Scheme 2011/12 Assessment Centre!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So...I emailed to double check...and the words are its 'potentially' an offer. but we still have to meet/talk to the distribution recruitment team to see if its right for us (ie: they also need to meet us)

the lady from tesco said in theory there is no reason why it should get signed off and become a guaranteed offer as we were good enough for stores etc. so its still great news, but not 100% confirmed until after we speak to distribution team
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ye sounds the same as the phone call i had, she said its not 100% but they're seeing what they can do and its hopeful or something! trying to not get too excited until its a definite! but wahooooooooooooo! x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, basically i emailed to ask them to clarify and she called back lol

she said its never 100% until the offer gets sent/signed off but there is no reason why it shouldnt happen.

Just another waiting game for the phone call from distribution people now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sounds hopeful, she sounded positive in mine but I think she just didn't want to say its 100% certain. exciting. will let you know when I hear anything xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ahh this is good news. I didn't know whether we had actually been offered a place, or were being offered a place at the assessment centre for distribution - so hearing what you have been told is good news!

Fingers crossed we will get on, I can't see why we wouldn't want it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im sure its not assessment centre because she said to me that we've done all the hard work so we don't have to re-apply or do any part of the process again just have a meeting with them!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    excited! I was reluctant to go down the distribution route at first as thats what my dad did with tesco, but I am surpised at how excited by it i am!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ye and its skills which can be used later because every company has some sort of distribution, and at the end of the day its a graduate scheme with a decent salary and were lucky to have that opportunity....just need to get a 2:1 now haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, at least I don't have that worry as my grades on my masters don't matter! I am sure you will do fine!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah 2:1 is the main worry for me as well now haha just about to hand my dissertation is as well, so this could play a major part in it!

Let me know if you hear anything else guys
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    got a follow up email from yesterday, doesn't sound half as positive as the phone call! lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah I agree, the email makes it sound as though its just something they're considering.

Not gonna get my hopes now unless I hear anything concrete.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, did you get a phone call today?x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had 2 missed calls from an unknown number at about 2PM today. I was in a seminar so couldn't answer it, even though I had a suspicion it would be Tesco!

What exactly did they say?

I'm hoping they will call back tomorrow!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    How much do tesco pay to training managers, roughly?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ye it was probably them then because thats about the time they rang me! not alot really, sounded very positive, she arranged a date with me to go to a distribution centre, shes going to send an email with all the details! im sure they'll ring back tomorrow! x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just had my phone call! I'm going to be going to Daventry distribution centre on either the 12th or 13th June. Anyone got the same?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am off to livingston depot on 12/13th june i think!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh she never told me where and I never asked! woops haha. she said she'd email me with the details but its on 12/13th June! Wish I'd of asked now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I ended up emailing her to ask as I wanted to know if it would be close by or I would have to organise trains etc and she said atm they have me down for livingston if thats okay!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 15, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.