Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco Store Management Graduate Scheme 2011/12 Assessment Centre!

Announcements Posted on
The Careers section needs more moderators! 21-04-2014
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been on a couple in the last few weeks and they all follow the same kind of thing. Group task. Presentation and personal interview. Should be okay I think. We've all got this far so we must be doin something right
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, they are all pretty similar in structure. I have one tomorrow in fact! treating it as practice for Tesco!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    good luck! who for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!!

I've just booked myself onto an assessment centre in London (ehem) for the 12th, anyone else on this one?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous/excited about the whole thing on the 8th! Looking forward to just being myself, meeting people, and enjoying a free stay in a lovely hotel!! Haha. I've bought my outfits, gone for a coloured dress suit thing for the evening and then another more formal black one for the day. Has anyone else already worked for Tesco like me?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've never worked in a supermarket before, but have done a fair bit of retail (mainly fashion) so hoping that is doesn't work too much against me. Where abouts are you staying? Manchester? Do you think we'd have to share rooms?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey bella1991. If you've got through to the assessment centre stage the choices are manchester, birmingham or london. and they give you a hotel room for yourself and a dinner in the evening with everyone! I reckon if people have retail experience it doesn't matter if it was Tesco or not. The role plays that they'll use won't be tesco related, it'll prob be about a general company eg. an IT company
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Zippy88

Thanks, I'm booked for London although it's actually Bedfordshire haha, so glad we're staying in a hotel. Got to find something to wear for the evening now! Smart but eveningy I guess Good luck to you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much about being eveningy! They say smart formal so just treat it like an interview.

Fordy-was for sky, quite good fun only ten of us there for 2 places! So who knows with current grad scheme competition!

I haven't worked in retail at all, only hospitality but that wouldn't go against you unless you made no effort to understand the FMCG market and how a shop physically works, which we all had to demonstrate to get here!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Twinkle1

You are right there, just got to keep believing that they put us through this far, they must have seen and liked

Is there anyone going to London? Seems like you're all off to Manchester?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    am sure there are plenty of people going to the london assessments! they just might not be on here!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will be attending Manchester on the 5th, hope to see people then.

I am fairly excited and looking forward to it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am also booked on the Manchester Assessment on 8th March - seems to be a few of us attending this one!

Feeling a bit apprehensive about what it is going to involve but really looking forward to getting stuck into it.

I'm also an internal applicant, in my sixth year working for the company. From what I can gather having spoken to managers this is the first year they have done the overnight stay beforehand, should be interesting!

Is everyone just graduating this time round or has anybody already graduated?

Looking forward to meeting everybody who is there next week, and good luck to you all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi Paws!

good to know there'll be a few of us on the 8th! have your managers let on about anything else to do with the structure of the day? think everyoneeeee on here would love it if you u had any info?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It isn't the first time they have done the meals the night before as from my insider understanding (Dad used to work for tesco and go to the meals!) they used to a lot, but then I think it stopped.

I graduated last year, but currently still at uni doing my masters so it is a pain in the neck going to all these assessment centres etc and managing uni stuff but sure I will survive!

only a week to go!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm still at uni. Think I've spent more time applying for jobs than doing uni work this semester.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to anyone off to the hotel today I'm nervous for tomorrow already!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS WEEEK!!!!! Let us know how it all goes xxxxxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck everyone!

See you this week!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Is anyone flying over from Northern Ireland for an assessment centre? I have booked into the one on the 1st of May in Manchester, just wondering if anyone else was going over to this one?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 15, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.