Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco Store Management Graduate Scheme 2011/12 Assessment Centre!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    good luck for everyone arriving tomorrow!! see you all there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Excited! See you all there!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    see you guys there!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed it actually! Exhausted now though and finding it very hard to focus on uni work today!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed it tooo! But yeah can't believe how exhausted i was when i got home last night.. tough times. Was good meeting everyone whether we get it or not!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many candidates were there yesterday then? On Tuesday there were 20 of us and 23 on Monday apparently, so I'm thinking there's about 200 people being assessed altogether. Fingers crossed for everyone
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I asked one of the graduates and she said not to quote her but she thought it was around 240 through to this stage, and they had a bit of room for manipulation in what they could offer but it was ultimately going to be between about 40-60 jobs.

Wasn't as daunting as I had expected but enjoyed the challenge of it all!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's what the Paul guy said to us, around 230 graduates for 40-60 places, so worst case one in six, not awful compared to some schemes!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to everyone that has already had an assessment centre and are now waiting for a reply! Congrats on getting through

I have mine on Monday in London. Can someone please give me any reassurances about the day and what to expect? You don't have to give me a detailed 101 blueprint of the day, but anything that could help me understand what will happen and what to expect would be greatly appreciated
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Best advise is to relax! Everything you need to do is there for you, and they go other all competences the night before.

You will have a number of exercises and anything you need to write etc you are give plenty of time to prepare so just enjoy it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinkle1)
    Best advise is to relax! Everything you need to do is there for you, and they go other all competences the night before.

You will have a number of exercises and anything you need to write etc you are give plenty of time to prepare so just enjoy it!
    That's great, thank you

By compentencies part do you mean an interview on the night, or they just outline what you have to do the next day?

Is there an interview after the exercises?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Night before isn't assessed.

Interview is during the day. If you google any assessment day outline online it's all you need to prep.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinkle1)
    Night before isn't assessed.

Interview is during the day. If you google any assessment day outline online it's all you need to prep.
    Okay, I was under that impression before but was eager to double check Cheers and good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in London on Monday too! Quite excited. I was under the impression that they don't actually have a limit of jobs that they offer after talking to the grad on the sample day but I suppose they must have a quota in mind. Good luck to everyone still to go!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They will have a 'limit' a in they only have so many stores who can take a grad, but will be interesting to see!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi could you tell me whether it is necessary to bring anything like a pad and pen or do they provide all the equipment on the day?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They provide all but I like my own!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    As if a week has gone by already... Just want to know now though.. either way! Everyone else feeling the same??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Trying not to get my hopes up.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 15, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.