Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco Store Management Graduate Scheme 2011/12 Assessment Centre!

Announcements Posted on
The Careers section needs more moderators! 21-04-2014
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    was it generic bulk email or personalised? i want my email!!! closure please!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish these emails would hurry up and arrive. Twinkle1, are you an internal candidiate? Because I am and a couple of us are in the same boat!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nope. I am external.

I suppose there are around 170ish people to reject. So it may take a while but I assumed it would be a bulk rejection/easily done through the online application communication etc.

I am gutted but am certain I am getting email. Just want it now! Also going to have to take my wee staff card back to the sample store...woman was so sure I would get on she let me keep it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guessed they would just copy everyone into the email etc - wish they had never told us it would be this week so we wouldn't be waiting about! Need to start thinking about plan B then... I already work there so guess I will just have to try and do it another way! Sucks though, the grad scheme is great. At least you have your third choice!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping that perhaps there was a load of people who we're definite rejections. Now they are left with a group of people who could do it, maybe they are just struggling to find stores in peoples desired locations?

I may be being extremely optimistic but I'm really hoping those of us who haven't received an email are in some kind of 'maybe' pile. It wouldn't take this long to send out a generic rejection email - that is what I'm clinging to!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    cling to the hope!

Yeah, my third choice is...really a last case scenario...but it is good to know I have something, but its more depot logistics based (what I am doing my masters in) and I don't really want to do that but reckon I will find a 'normal' job somehow!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really sorry to all those who haven't got offers, and I know it really feels like no consolation at the moment but to get as far as we all did to the assessments was a big achievement in itself. Those who are still to have a phone call/email - I got my call yesterday and i have constantly been checking the 'Manage your application' part on the grad website and it has JUST been updated - don't know if that is the same to all applicants. xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no updates on mine guessing it wouldnt be so mean to say NO WE DO NOT WANT YOU!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine says scheduled for assessment centre still. If this carries on into tomorrow I'll be fuming then!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it might simply be the same as the offers.

half of them tuesday, half of them wednesday.
    then half reject today and half tomorrow...

sucks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got my email.

Although mine does say that they are keeping me on record so if anyone drops out of there place they will contact me, so I guess I'm on the reserve list. Anyone else have this in their email?

Reserve list isn't exactly ideal though, thats basically like being left in limbo!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    blake !I am the same
    She called me about 4.30 to say I have some great news and some not so great news.
    Apparently they have offered 60 places, and have 10 on a reserves...
    it does suck as this is the 2nd time this has happened to me!

There were a few people at my assessment centre who had applied to a few retailers/schemes and tesco wasnt the first choice so you just have to really pray that some people realise it isn't for them or get an alternative offer. Like the guy at my local store has dropped out of the scheme within the first year as he couldnt cope, some people realise they don't really want it.

Think you offers people are given 2-3 weeks to confirm? she said we would hear soon what the situation is, and then still keep us in mind in case more people drop closer to the summer, but not to hang around waiting as you just don't know what will happen!

ARGHHHH!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinkle1)
    blake !I am the same
    She called me about 4.30 to say I have some great news and some not so great news.
    Apparently they have offered 60 places, and have 10 on a reserves...
    it does suck as this is the 2nd time this has happened to me!

There were a few people at my assessment centre who had applied to a few retailers/schemes and tesco wasnt the first choice so you just have to really pray that some people realise it isn't for them or get an alternative offer. Like the guy at my local store has dropped out of the scheme within the first year as he couldnt cope, some people realise they don't really want it.

Think you offers people are given 2-3 weeks to confirm? she said we would hear soon what the situation is, and then still keep us in mind in case more people drop closer to the summer, but not to hang around waiting as you just don't know what will happen!

ARGHHHH!
    I am a reserve too..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how are you feeling about it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thats good then Twinkle, at least I'm not the only one! Strange how you were told via a phone call whereas mine was by email though.

I hope you're right and people do drop out, as honestly I don't have any other plan and this is really what I want to do!

Fingers crossed there's some drop outs over the coming weeks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, (I PM'd you!)

it is a little odd, but I can imagine it takes a while as its not the 1 mins CONGRATS chat, its a long talk!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    she rang me about half 4ish too and just said i fell short but i was a reserve if someone pulled out in when contracts were signed in the next few weeks so to keep an eye on things.. then jus had a chat with me about things, but i think theres about 10 reserves...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys ive just seen this thread and thought id join in. I got an email saying im a reserve today aswell, do you know why they rang some people and emailed others? Did they say there is only 10 of us? I'm hoping they'll be a pretty good chance some don't take up the offer! xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And I still have heard absolutely NOTHING! Has anyone else not heard anything either?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know 3 others not on the forum who haven't heard anything at all yet.

fle007 - I am not sure why some got called as well, but it seemed like she was checking it was okay to be kept on the list to wait. I got an email after the phone call saying like 'following on from our chat'

I asked her how many people she had on the reserve list and she said about 10. so hopefully thats the case, and I reckon there is always a chance some people realise it isn't for them...I hope! It sucked as she said there was really very little difference between reserves and offers, but they were just slightly higher up.

Just got to keep hoping!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 15, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.