The Student Room Group

Inaccurate films that **** you off

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Pomppufiilis
tumblr_lkj29z400x1qa6nci.gif

It was a good film, more realistic than the typical romance film. This is like one of the only romance type films that I actually thought was good.

When it comes to a romcom though nothing beats forgetting sarah marshall. :smile:
Original post by lukas1051

Sorry but it doesn't take a geophysics professor to tell you just how stupid this film is, it genuinely made me angry.

The ironic part is we watched this in Geography back in the day (I feel old). I never got to see the end though :cry:

Original post by Liam_G
We watched this film in geography :nothing:

Same :biggrin:
Original post by skunky x
Inglorious Bastards.

WORLD WAR TWO HAS A FANTASTIC AND REALISTIC PLOT. YOU KNOW BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Why the hell do you want to kill Hitler? Seriously. What...

*grumpy old historian*

Wow. Erm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Valkyrie

Yeah, it's not massively accurate, but it did happen and it had a sensible basis. As the wiki article says, it wouldn't have been enough to just overthrow or imprison Hitler, but killing him would've disbanded every Nazi organisation in Germany.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/operation_valkyrie.htm
Reply 183
Memoirs of a Geisha...
Reply 184
A Cinderella Story.

Firstly Hilary Duff looses her MOBILE instead of her slipper/shoe.

Then, instead of looking in the contacts of the phone and ringing her home number, prince charming or the 'popular jock' decides to line up girls and ask them if its their phone!

+ no girl as nice looking as Hilary Duff would be an outcast at school!
Reply 185
they dont cause theyre entertaining and life is too short to get pissed off over petty stuff like film inaccuracies.
Original post by DZJX
A Cinderella Story.

Firstly Hilary Duff looses her MOBILE instead of her slipper/shoe.

Then, instead of looking in the contacts of the phone and ringing her home number, prince charming or the 'popular jock' decides to line up girls and ask them if its their phone!

+ no girl as nice looking as Hilary Duff would be an outcast at school!

And the mask she was wearing! It only covered the parts around her eyes. You can quite clearly see it's her.
Reply 187
Original post by Beebumble
And the mask she was wearing! It only covered the parts around her eyes. You can quite clearly see it's her.

This reminds me. I hate superhero films where their identity is unknown because of a tiny mask. It's obvious who they are!
Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a goodun but That kind of guilty pleasure is reserved for Sandra Bullock films.

Plus I just really don't like 500 days of summer. Just the whole idea of it makes me want to vomit.
Reply 189
Original post by Pomppufiilis
Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a goodun but That kind of guilty pleasure is reserved for Sandra Bullock films.

Plus I just really don't like 500 days of summer. Just the whole idea of it makes me want to vomit.

What inaccuracies in those films annoy you :confused:
Rocky 6 - where to begin with this movie!

1) On what planet would Rocky's son be embarrassed of his amazing father!
2) Rocky had a tan in the ring yet he trained in the sunless, bleak Philadelphia ghettos!
3) Mason 'The Line' Dixon was obviously a Light HW to Cruiser weight in the ring so how he was meant to be HW champ is ridiculous!
Reply 191
Original post by Raiden10
Water? Water *will* stop 5.56 fire within a metre, but it never happens in films, we always see people getting shot at underwater. Where the hell is people's intuition? It just looks all wrong!

Well, it does depend on the angle of the bullet and a couple of other things, but yes, water is a main one. But mainly people getting bullet penetration so, so wrong. Such as with brick walls, a typical 5.56 will penetrate a single brick wall easily, and yet it seems that if you have more than a sheet of metal between you and an oncoming bullet you are safe! :eek: It peeves me.
'The Young Victoria' - Emily Blunt is far prettier than Queen Victoria ever was.
Deep Blue Sea... Quite a good storyline but sharks can't swim backwards... Also when the woman breaks the cables and puts them in the water to electrocute the shark... She stands on her rubber wetsuit to stop her from being electrocuted... She's unharmed despite the fact that her and her wetsuit are soaking wet. I can't be bothered to look into the actual scientific likelihood of her not being electrocuted but it just doesn't sound very realistic to me...
Original post by s.a.u
i've not seen robin hood with russell crowe, but as a nottinghamian i was infuriated when i heard of such prolific inaccuracies such as the suggestion that it was robin hood who forced king john to sign the magna carta!

But even worse they used these WWII lookalike landing craft to put the French troops ashore. I was so traumatised by that one I'd completely erased it from my memory.
Original post by syrettd
This reminds me. I hate superhero films where their identity is unknown because of a tiny mask. It's obvious who they are!

I never understood why no-one could tell the difference between Superman and Clark Kent. Since when do glasses give you the ability to deceive people into thinking you're a completely different person?
Original post by Alexandra's Box
'The Young Victoria' - Emily Blunt is far prettier than Queen Victoria ever was.

Queen Victoria aged 24

vic010.jpg
Schindler's List really annoyed me how unrealistic it was.
Reply 198
300 was massacred though for what it was, it was good. I.e Look at our uber special effects and crazy fight scene choreography. It's a good guys movie I guess.
Troy for SO many reasons, many more subtle but I still enjoy it :frown:
A) Aeneas carried his dad on his back :P and Orlando pronounced it wrong in the film.
B) Menelaus dying like that was just... ugh. It's like watching a film you've seen before, so you know what's going to happen, but then it changes.
C) Ajax being super human and not dying.
D) There only being one Ajax...
E) Priam: "I know my own country better than your guards". No mate, Achilies was camped on a cliff overlooking the sea, the only way to it being through the Greek camp. You got tunnels or something bro?

Braveheart was **** too, but I still enjoy it.

Could rant about Immortals but the plot just doesn't do it for me anyway. Though the main thing was that the Titans were kind of rock-skinned feral beings whereas actually they were the parents of the Olympians. Cronos ate his children so they didn't overthrow him but Zeus overthrew him from the inside (Greek myth is pretty strange I hear?) so the fact they were clones of each other yet the Gods had proper entities really got to me. It was also the fact it was like random elements of separate Greek myths all rolled in to one. Oh and Tartarus the bad place in the Underworld so getting a physical army there would be hard. Impossible some may say?

Nerdrage over. This is a great thread <3
Relax! Anything can happen in a Hollywood movie :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest