The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
That other person turned out to be a guy who thought I was a girl haha :colondollar:

I have 'o' as second letter in my last name, does that count? :wink:
Dear you,

I hope you never have to go through what I've been through over the past 2 years. I hope you got over me quickly and haven't looked back. I have no idea how I feel about about you; you're one of the nicest people I've ever known but you accidentally ripped me up inside for months and you'll never understand how hard it was for me. When I finally thought you were out of my life but more importantly - out of my thoughts, you jumped right back into my life by going out with one of my best friends. I always had a feeling you would, you suit each other, which was probably why I was so skeptical about us when we we're close. It seems that with every day that goes by I understand my feelings about you less and less, it feels like you're a black hole in my mind, whenever I think about you it drains me completely because I want to know what I want but I literally have no idea.

I don't know what to say - this is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to write.

I don't really have anyone to talk to about this either - the person I'd have spoken to about something like this is you.

I genuinely wish you all the best in life, I hope one day I hear about how happy and successful you are.

From Ben.

This is a really helpful thread, I've been putting off thinking about this for a while but it's the only way to find some answers :redface:
Dear You,

Its been years but every now and then I still think about you. I had a crush on you but was too chicken to say anything. I was going to give you a letter telling you how I felt on your last day but I threw it in the bin. I didnt think there was a point giving that you were leaving that day. Little did I know that the feeling was mutual. Your friends weren't so subtle - asking me if I missed you or thought about you isn't suspicious at all! :P
There were times when you came back in to town, that made me panic. When you wrote on Facebook that you were coming for a week, i didnt leave the house for the whole week because I was scared to bump into you. Sorry.
I guess the idea of the chemistry still being there scares the hell out of me.
We'll always be good friends.

I sincerely wish you the best

X
Dear you,

I wonder if you realise that you've made me sad more often than I'd care to admit. Then again, I doubt you'd even care that much. It sounds so selfish to say it but I miss what you were like last year- cheerful, happy, and always eager to talk. Now it feels as though every conversation is a chore for you; you're far more introverted and quiet, and it hurts to think that you really don't care anymore. And I know I haven't texted or said hello or whatever for a few days- which seems a long time, considering how often we used to speak- but as much as I miss you, even after such a short time, I can't bring myself to start what I know will be a pointless conversation. And I'm sorry for being so petty, and wanting you to initiate conversation just this once, but I'm tired of feeling like you suddenly dislike me. And you've been so erratic as of late that I'm afraid of talking, in case I say the wrong thing and upset you. Even if you don't care about upsetting me, I'll always care about upsetting you.
Please, just say hello.

Love, me.
I have 'o' as second letter in my last name, does that count? :wink:

Haha unfortunately no :redface:
Maybe one day with o asthe second letter in there first name will respond :rolleyes:
Haha unfortunately no :redface:
Maybe one day with o asthe second letter in there first name will respond :rolleyes:

e as second letter?

I'm quite convinced it's not me though.
Original post by Jakeh
yeah i get that and someone else i knew thought might have been you.

Ah I see. I doubt it though, I'm not from England :smile:
Dear you,

I wonder if you realise that you've made me sad more often than I'd care to admit. Then again, I doubt you'd even care that much. It sounds so selfish to say it but I miss what you were like last year- cheerful, happy, and always eager to talk. Now it feels as though every conversation is a chore for you; you're far more introverted and quiet, and it hurts to think that you really don't care anymore. And I know I haven't texted or said hello or whatever for a few days- which seems a long time, considering how often we used to speak- but as much as I miss you, even after such a short time, I can't bring myself to start what I know will be a pointless conversation. And I'm sorry for being so petty, and wanting you to initiate conversation just this once, but I'm tired of feeling like you suddenly dislike me. And you've been so erratic as of late that I'm afraid of talking, in case I say the wrong thing and upset you. Even if you don't care about upsetting me, I'll always care about upsetting you.
Please, just say hello.

Love, me.

Exactly that.
Dear all,
1# you ruined my childhood, took advantage of me when you should have known better, your own insecurity and low self-esteem was taken out on me. I was too naïve to know better, I was afraid to speak up and tell someone and you used that against me. I was only 6 years old, you sick son of a bitch. The only reason I’ve kept quiet is because I know the pain it would cause everyone if they knew. I trusted you and you abused that, because of you I’ve never been able to trust anyone. How could I trust anyone after that? I’ve never told anyone before, I’ve been left to deal with it all by myself, seeing you, having to still put on a smile around you to not arouse any suspicion and to show sympathy for you when you went through some difficult times was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. All I have now is pity for you. For years I’ve locked away those memories, but now its all I think about, 16 years of living in silence has now come back to haunt me. You’ve tainted my childhood and for that, I will never forgive you. Everyone thinks I’m weak, but I’m not weak, I’m far from it! I’ll never let myself be that helpless little girl.

2# It took me so long to finally open up to anyone. I knew I could trust you to a certain extent, I only wish you could have trusted me. I still love you. I still remember the first time I saw you, we were in class together and all I could do was watch you (not in a creepy stalker way). That day when it was only the two of us in class was the best day ever. You didn’t know but I orchestrated it. I knew you would be there so i changed the date on the class sheet so everyone would think it’s been cancelled and it worked. We sat there for ages talking; I had already completed the work so I sat next to you and helped you. The lengths I would go to just for some privacy :tongue: It’s over now. 7 years of knowing you ended abruptly. Now I get to hear about you and her. Oh, joy!

3# You’re a good friend and I try to be a good friend to you, I’ve always given you advice no matter how much it hurt, your dating #2 now, if only you knew how much it stings to hear about your romps. Please skip past those details, I don’t want to hear them. No matter how much it hurts, I’ll always be there for you. I’m trying to control my own feelings so I can be a good friend and not let my own emotions cloud my judgement and give you destructive advice. All I wish is for you not to rub it in everyones faces, yes you have a bf, and I’m happy for you, both of you deserve a chance, have it, but don’t forget the friends who have always been there for you and please be careful, he’s not the person you think he is but its your life and Its not my place to tell you.

4# Me: Don’t be fooled by anyone, never let your guard down and if ever you revert back to that weak girl. End it.
Reply 649
Dear You,

How come you like me without having met me once? I think you're talking a lot of bull, considering that you can't even stick to talking to me WITHOUT playing a game on the side. And then you cry about me deserting you, because I don't logg on messenger anymore? The heck?

So after half a year I get back on and you're still talking bull about liking me, that you left your girlfriend (Finally, because honestly, she was a bitch) and that you now like another girl in cyberspace. Okay, right.

You still like me more though. I really think this is lots of bull, but you keep insisting. You said I could live at your place for a while too, because I need a place to stay. Said you'd help me pay for college and the rest. And although I don't need your help, I see that it still implies that you like me.

So there goes another half year without talking to you or any other form of contact! Bye bye!

Sincerely,
N.J.
Dear you,

I posted here about a week back. Since then, the doctors have told me something. Please, please just get in touch soon- it doesn't matter what you've done or that you're with someone else now. This is more important. I've been trying to get in touch but it's not something I can say over an email, or over the phone.

Truth is, I'm dying. If you don't get in touch soon, like you said you would, it's going to be too late. I've got just over a month left, they reckon.

I love you. I always have. I always will.

Me.
Dear you,
I've been busy the past few days and so haven't been able to ask you out. I really want to, but I have a fear that I can't keep the conversation ball rolling long enough or be the person who can entertain you and have a good time with you. I know I will ask you out, and even if the day doesn't go well I will know at least ive tried.....

Me
Dear you,
I've been busy the past few days and so haven't been able to ask you out. I really want to, but I have a fear that I can't keep the conversation ball rolling long enough or be the person who can entertain you and have a good time with you. I know I will ask you out, and even if the day doesn't go well I will know at least ive tried.....

Me

Just go for it lad and least sooner or later you'd know if they are the one.
Just go for it lad and least sooner or later you'd know if they are the one.

Yeh I will, it's just long distance problems for now plus depends on if I get into the same uni as her
Dear you,

I need you to be here. You're meant to be, but you've let me down again. I've given up even thinking that things will start getting better because every single ****ing time you let me down. And then you say I'm being unreasonable when I get upset about it, and you say I'm being daft for questioning how you feel about me?

Just stop it. Either get better at being my friend or just **** off. I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you. Except, I kind of already have. You keep saying we'll see more of each other. And yet that's three times in a row you've cancelled on me. I get it. I'm not important enough to you. And that kills me. So, maybe I should put a stop to this before it actually kills me.

I love you. I really really do. But one of us needs to start looking out for me and I don't think that's going to be you.

Love, me x
Dear You,

We've had great times together, particularly this summer and I look back on them fondly. You now know exactly how I feel about you and youre really sweet in the way you talk to me and always have the right answers. Maybe I'm thinking about things too much, but I'm sorry for being a dick the other week and making things awkward, I really didn't mean it to come across like that. I shouldve just gone straight home. I know you've told me so much stuff about you and how things are but I'd love to know exactly how you feel about me, especially since the other week. I can't wait to see you when I get back and we can have our laughs on our days out and things be back to how they were again. Things don't need to be awkward, I respect what you've said and I'm glad you've been honest with me. It hurts like hell as you make me so happy and it could be so much more. So many of my friends think or thought we were going out, but you will achieve your goal if you believe in yourself you so deserve to.

See you soon,

Love Me xxx
Dear You

We were both so cynical of everyone else weren't we... "why start a relationship this close to uni!?"... "so much easier to just be single"...

But then you kissed me and well

We haven't looked back since

I'm so happy!

Love, Me x
Dear You
Why did you feel you needed to control me and use me. We were good friends once upon a time but you decided to try and drain my bank accounts. You tried to make me be friends with you and only you by detaching yourself from our friends in my company. You told me that if you asked them to they would not be friends with me anymore and made me feel like i had to do what you would tell me to.
Its a shame really because as i said we were once in my eyes good friends but you just took it to far. It got to the point where you would try to ruin any plans i made with other friends and once i had nothing left to give you just through me away without knowing i had mostly given up on our friendship anyway. But at least now we can both get on with our lives.
From Me
Dear You,

Ive already wrote you a letter (never sent it obviously) which was 6 A4 pages because you wouldnt take 10 minutes out of your "busy" life (btw personally i wouldnt consider sitting round with the boys all day smoking weed busy but there we are) to talk to me so i dont have a lot else to say to you except ive heard youve just got into a new relationship and i just hope you had the respect to not do anyhing while we were together, i really did think i meant more to you than that. But if your new relationship did start after then all i want is for you to be happy and i sincerley hope you are with her and i hope you achieve everything you want to in life :smile:

From me

Dear You

You have been so amazing since my break up, always keeping me busy and generally just being there for me. I want to say this in person but it just seems cringy - i really couldnt wish for a better best friend than you :smile:

Love Me
Dear you,

I was at low point in my life I couldn't trust anyone and felt everyone and everything was against me. Then I found you I feel so lucky although you say your the lucky one. I've never had someone like you in my life before who tells me I am beautiful everyday and just wants cuddles and kisses from me. Your amazing and gorgeous and I honestly can't wait to spend lots of time with you. You may not understand how much you mean to me but I'm sure you will do one day. I finally have someone amazing in my life and I thank you so much for that and as much cliche as it may sound I've finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you know this hun :smile:

Love from me Xxx

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e

Latest

Trending

Trending