The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That's funny OP, because I remember a thread like this a while back and I've just read through it and found a few of my old posts, it's funny how much can change in such a short space of time.

Basically, you write a sentence, a paragraph or even an essay to someone you know but instead of using their name you simply write 'Dear You...' I find it to be incredibly therapeutic to write my thoughts down. Write anything to anyone, there are no rules, just name no names!

I need to get this off my chest so I'll start.

Dear You,

I apologise for the pain I caused you. I never set out to hurt you but I used the fact you liked me as an ego boost and I was an idiot to mess you around. You're one of the nicest girls I have ever met and you deserved better than me. It was only after I left you that I realised how perfect you were. I'm glad you have found someone that treats you right and makes you happy and I'm glad you are a bigger person than me and don't hold any of this against me.

Love Me.
Haha I don't have bitter feelings towards anoye because I took revenge whenever I found the urge to, that moment and my heart is clean of any regrets:smile:
But still, here it goes...

Dear you,

I may never meet you again. I really tried to contact you and still do. I cried uncontrollably when I realised that those were the last times we ever had together. Good bye is a word too short to convey the millions of words I had to tell you. I can't begin to explain how much I miss you, like part of me is left behind and I have to get it back. I pray for your well being every day. I relished every moment we had together and treasure every memory I have of you. I wish there was a way for me to contact you or help you. I think of you often and wonder how you are. I hope that you think of me too. I love you so much and care for you so much, and I just wish you were simply here with me, out of all that mess I left you in. Believe me, if I could, I would stay or bring you with me and tell you how I feel, if there were no bad consequences. Upon your thought, my heart still skips a beat. I wish we had spent more time together.

Love,
Me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Dear You,

I miss you so much! It's been 2 and a half years since I last saw you, and it hurts so badly. You were the loveliest, funniest and sweetest person I've ever met. You made me feel so good about myself!

Whenever I think about you, your beautiful sing-song Welsh accent always puts a smile on my face. I was looking at photos of us at prom...what a wonderful night! You looked so beautiful (as per usual...). You danced all night and made an effort to involve everyone. You were so comfortable around other people. You really listened to what they had to say and, for that moment, you made them feel as though they were the most important person in the world. I know you would have made an amazing doctor! You had the brains to do anything you wanted, the personality to reach out to anyone you wanted and the beauty to attract anyone you wanted.

Do you remember when we drove around town all night, just to check up on your brother? You were so protective of him! We were singing "Ironic" and, when we had to stop at the traffic lights, the guy in the car next to us gave us a thumbs up and told us that we should go on the X-Factor ha! We both knew he was joking, obviously, as a great singing voice was something that neither of us were blessed with!

I miss just hanging out with you. We used to spend hours down the beach, talking about the future. It kills me that I'll never see you living out your hopes and dreams.

I can't think about the day I heard the news. It's just a blur. It was so tragic. It shouldn't have happened to you. Why do bad things happen to good people? I spent that evening playing all our favourite songs and crying like baby - I don't think you would have stood for that! You would've told me to be happy and dance around my room like a lunatic!

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy."

I love and miss you so very much. Always in my heart.

All my love,
Me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear You,
You don't realise how much you mean to me. The last time we talked was four weeks ago and this hurts me so much. I love your witty but sweet personality and I love how you make me get butterflies so easily. I wish I could speak to you more but we both know that this isn't possible. I have never cared about someone so much before and it hurts to know that you aren't aware of this and you never will be. I only wish you knew.

Love, me
Reply 104
Dear you,

You Chelsea bastard, get out of our club.

Yours hatefully, me.
Dear You,

So, yet again, I've stayed up late just to talk to you. Do you know how much it means to me that we do this, and how scared I am that in a couple of weeks time it's all going to stop? As soon as you move in with her you won't need me anymore. But thank you. Thank you for making me feel happier and for never judging me. It's strange, we talk more now than we ever did before and we're a lot closer. I don't know what I'd do without you and I don't want to have to try. What I told you on Friday is true. I don't know if you think it was just the alcohol talking but I meant every word, and more. I love you.

With all my love,

Me
Original post by Schmucks
Dear you,

You Chelsea bastard, get out of our club.

Yours hatefully, me.

You think chelsea want him back, he almost did the same thing with us until abramovich came!!!
Reply 107
Original post by jam277
You think chelsea want him back, he almost did the same thing with us until abramovich came!!!

I don't think you want him back, but he's still a Chelsea bastard and he should get out of our club.
Reply 108
Hm...this is interesting..

Dear You,

It hurts you to see me likes this, I know it does and I hate that, but you have to stop blaming everyone else and everything that scares you. It is your fault. You had the opportunity a hundred times to stop what happened to me. You were supposed to protect me. And you took on that role yourself, I didn't ask you to. I didn't even have the choice to refuse you the responsibility. One day I will make the same choice you did and I will do it ten times better. I will show you how I am not like you. I don't use fear to control people. I don't use force to punish people. And I don't hold onto hate to motivate me. Blood this thicker than water, it's true. But love is thicker thank blood. I will make you wish you had known me. And hope that it changes you.

Love from the second.
Reply 109
Dear You,

I remember when I once said to you f**k you you're gonna pay for playing me like that’. and I never deleted you because I never got to do that, I never got to show you how much I had moved on, I never got to let know what you missed out on. I never got to let you know.

On Valentines day though there was a mask lifted off, you were bored and were willing to spill, so I played you at your own game, got all that info, promised you a date and left you hanging. I played you. GOOD. Gave you a taste of your own medicine.

You taught me never to let people in too easily you taught me to have two eyes and ears open and most importantly never let anyone in easily. Also when someone shows you who they are never doubt them or try to help them. that is who they are.

You broke me but ironically you perked me back up, you broke my heart but ironically with your stupidity you mended it all back up together. You did it yourself. you played me but you let me play you back.

I never thought I’d get closure from that situation but I did and it felt fantastic. I felt fantastic. I could finally move on. My regret was letting it last so long.

Bye Bye.

F***ing B***stard

The first man to break my heart.

The first man to make me cry.

“It started out with a kiss how did it end up like this, it was only a kiss, it was only a kiss”

Thanks for teaching me douche bags really do exist. The lowest level of scum on earth.

xoxo
I don't think you want him back, but he's still a Chelsea bastard and he should get out of our club.

In the space of 20 years, he goes from saving our club to almost ruining it again. Because of his bloody shareholders thing to the fans, we can't relocate from stamford bridge either when we need a new stadium.
Dear You,
I know you may not understand or even know that you've let me down, you probably wouldn't know how you've done it or even what you did wrong. I couldn't tell you because you wouldn't understand, you would probably give a half-hearted, meaningless apology then tell me to stop being pathetic. There was a time when I really valued you, thought you were my best friend, I put so much effort into our relationship and I thought it meant something to you too. I know we haven't spoken for a while and knowing what I'm like I'll probably let you waltz back into my life thinking everything is fine whenever you decide you want to. I do miss you but I can't forgive what you've done, what you've taken from me, how you've hurt me. Some may think I'm overreacting but there are those who know how important it was to me. Maybe one day you'll know, maybe you'll never have the capability.

Me
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 112
Dear you,

I'm a bit confused to be honest. It's been a difficult tale that you've taken me on, and at times you've gone missing from the script. You keep letting yourself go and i'm not too sure how you've got no self control at the moment. You say some good will come from it - You'll be better than ever as a consequence. How is it possible when you have let yourself slide so easily?

Anyway, let me know when you stop putting on weight, you hungry, hungry caterpillar.

Love, Schmucks.
Dear you

I am always wondering when will you be out of my mind. I am thinking about you every single day, no matter how much I try to forget about you. Just tell me how much you hate me, tell me that it will never work out between us. I want you to hate me so that I can get you out of my heart. No matter how bad you can be. I still love you.
Reply 114
Dear you,

I'm a bit confused to be honest. It's been a difficult tale that you've taken me on, and at times you've gone missing from the script. You keep letting yourself go and i'm not too sure how you've got no self control at the moment. You say some good will come from it - You'll be better than ever as a consequence. How is it possible when you have let yourself slide so easily?

Anyway, let me know when you stop putting on weight, you hungry, hungry caterpillar.

Love, Schmucks.

whilst I appreciate your attempt at humour, I don't think this is the right thread to rep whore in. I have no problem with you doing it, I just don't think that many people will bite.
Dear you.

Stop bitching about other people and stop being so judgemental, I'm supposed to be your friend and I'm supposed to trust you, but when you're just making stupid conclusions about people when you don't even know them as much as I do it really gets annoying, I'm starting to really dislike you, weird because we seemed like best friends/still seem like it, but my dislike for you is growing stronger. I understand the occasional joke, but when you do it every day, you're becoming a prejudiced bigoted high horse.

From me.

Dear you,

It's weird, I wanna know what you think about me, I like you and I wanna be your friend too plus you're pretty friendly, but theirs this weird distance between us, maybe it's because we only see each other in uni when we sit together. Maybe I just need to grow some balls and just try to get to know you...I'm not good at making friends who are girls coming to think of it, no idea why. Maybe I'm just too reserved when I speak to them.

From me
Dear you,

I hate you and I love you and I can't forget you and I can't stop thinking about the past and it's been 1.5 years since we split and I still think about you every day.

I so desperately wish I could just erase all memory of you, you will never know how much I want this, most nights I lay in bed and just hope so badly that I can wake up and you won't be in my memory any more and it's so frustrating and I guess the one thing I want is to just see you and talk to you, I know that can never happen unless you come back to this city and I accidentally bump into you but that's not the setting I want. I'd want just you & me, in a room face to face, and you'll never give me that and even the thought of it makes me feel sick and I don't know if I really want it.

I'm just scared of everything, scared of seeing you again, scared of NEVER seeing you again, scared of the tiny bit of hope inside me that says we were meant to be and it will all be ok in the end.

I have never felt like this about anyone, there is no one like you and I am not the person I want to be without you.

I still love you. Even after everything. Maybe because of everything.
Reply 117
Original post by Dorito
whilst I appreciate your attempt at humour, I don't think this is the right thread to rep whore in. I have no problem with you doing it, I just don't think that many people will bite.

I don't think it harms anyone, either.

Also, rep-whoring? Really? Don't be so naive.
Original post by Jaydiee
I'm sure your sister is very, very proud of you working so hard to achieve your dreams!
I know that you will never forget her and you will always love her but I hope it gets easier for you in time. Perhaps having written it down is the first step towards that :smile:

Dear You,

You look so cute in your left profile pic.

Love

me :smile:
Dear You,

The only reason I'm such a dick sometimes is because I like you a lot, and that scares me. As someone wise (Nathan from Misfits) once said, it's much easier to humiliate, degrade and just generally **** all over someone than it is to admit you love them. Which is why I ruin every nice moment we have by pretending to throw up. And it's why whenever I **** stuff up by saying the wrong thing or acting the wrong way or generally just not thinking about what I'm doing, I find it hard to apologise. Because that's like admitting that you come first, and that I'd do anything to keep you happy and keep you with me. Even though that's the truth.

There's a million things I want to say. About how happy you make me, how amazing you are and how grateful you're in my life. But I should stop before I start pretending to vomit again.
So I'll do what I do best, and use someone else's words instead.

'i like you better than everything in the sky'
(That's ee cummings, by the way)

Me.

Latest

Trending

Trending