The Student Room Group

What A-levels did you take? And what degree do you hope to study?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Aren't Geography and Psychology the two most employable degrees?
Anyway:

English Literature
Economics
History
Politics

I'm thinking of doing law, I wanted to do something like PPE but I haven't done Maths so I don't think that will be possible :frown:
Reply 61
Original post by Edenwood
Aren't Geography and Psychology the two most employable degrees?

I thought drama was?
Original post by RainReader
(Mainly posting to see how whatever-his-name-is reacts to this, as I wholly respect and highly regard his opinion.)

If I may respond on his behalf:

You haven't chosen exactly the same subjects as me therefore I'm going to demonstrate my supreme naivity by:

* Saying you're stupid
* Claiming that I am academically superior to you even though I have in no way achieved anything that might support such a statement
* Informing you that you have no future because you have no prospects in your career choice
* Calling you a loser
* Suggesting that I will be infinitely more successful than you, despite not having actually been accepted into University myself yet
Reply 63
English lit
Biology
Maths
With Further Maths at AS and I dropped physics...

Have four offers (so far!) for Neuroscience.
biology
chemistry
psychology
sociology

want to study psychology :smile:
Economics
Maths
Biology
(Chemistry at AS).

Hoping to do Optometry.
Original post by braiiins
English lit
Biology
Maths
With Further Maths at AS and I dropped physics...

Have four offers (so far!) for Neuroscience.

Well done! What careers can you get with a degree in Neuroscience?
Reply 67
Original post by Student_Health
This is just to get to know you all! I am new to TSR, so I just wanted to know what some of the other members, studied and what they hope to study and pursue in later life. :smile:

Biology
Chemistry
French
Maths

Medicine :smile: Though I really don't want to go into surgery at this point...
Reply 68
Well done! What careers can you get with a degree in Neuroscience?

Research :smile: Or, backup plan, journalism.
Original post by Oli-Ol
Very similar to mine!

I originally chose:
History
Government and Politics
French
Maths

but then (stupidly) decided that I'd take Latin, since I'm good at it. So I'm currently studying:

History
Latin
French
Maths

as my main ASs, with Psychology, EPQ and GCSE Italian on the side.

Don't take Latin. It's difficult, it's mountains of work and I wish I was better at it. However, everyone else in my class loves it.

I'm hoping to study French and History/ French and Italian at uni.

I am afraid you cannot put me off. I want to do a language for a level and it is either German or Latin, and I HATE GERMAN!!!! I also love Latin so I am definitely doing it for a level :smile:
Research :smile: Or, backup plan, journalism.

Cool! So you can't become a doctor? Do you work in a hospital? Sorry, I have never heard of Neuroscience, lol. :smile:
Reply 71
Psychology
English Language
Media Studies

Dropped Geography half way through AS...

Have 4 offers so far to do Film Production :smile:
Biology
PE
Psychology
General Studies (compulsory, and useless)

Did Maths at AS

Hoping to study Physiotherapy this year, I have one offer and am waiting on 3 unis after interviews :smile:
Reply 73
Cool! So you can't become a doctor? Do you work in a hospital? Sorry, I have never heard of Neuroscience, lol. :smile:

You can go on to do postgrad medicine, but it's not something I'd want to do. It's a bioscience/life science, so it'd be similar as far as career prospects go to taking a biology or zoology or genetics etc etc etc degree (except, in my opinion, more interesting :tongue: )
Reply 74
At A2 I did:
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Photography at AS

Studying Animal Science in October

:smile:
I took:
English Lit
Psychology
History
English Language (AS)

And I have 5 Unconditional offers for joint English/Psychology :biggrin:
You can go on to do postgrad medicine, but it's not something I'd want to do. It's a bioscience/life science, so it'd be similar as far as career prospects go to taking a biology or zoology or genetics etc etc etc degree (except, in my opinion, more interesting :tongue: )

It sounds more interesting too! Haha, sorry to ask so many questions, but what are the subject requirements and what grades? :smile: But good luck!
Reply 77
It sounds more interesting too! Haha, sorry to ask so many questions, but what are the subject requirements and what grades? :smile: But good luck!

That's fine, it's always nice to have someone interested! :smile:
The unis I've applied to ask for two from Maths, Biology, Physics and Chemistry. Some unis definitely want Biology or Chemistry. Grade requirements are generally AAA-ABB. Two of my offers are AAB, one is ABB/AAC and another is BBB. :smile:
Thank you for the luck!
Reply 78
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Mathematics

Currently doing biochem at warwick (firstyear) will be dropping out to study Medicine next year
Reply 79
Math
Further Math
Physics
Economics
Politics

Will study Economics, kinda wanna be a banker.

Quick Reply

Latest