The Student Room Group

jpegs/ photos on access

Hi
i ve got this system for a tennis club which have members i have a form of there details and as i scroll though it shows name, surname, DOB etc. my question is how would i make it so that as i scroll though it shows their photo or a specific jpeg because i just need to show that it works and not really the real photos so a different jpeg each time would do.
if any ones got any ideas i'd be gratefull. thanks!:yy:
Reply 1
Hi, the best / easiest thing to do for this is actually insert bmp files instead of jpg - you can easily convert the files, even by using Paint, just open and use Save as bmp.

Anyway once the images are bmp you need to create a 'picture field' in Access with datatype OLE object.

Next you need to create a form which includes the field for data entry (or just add the field to an existing form).

To add the image to the record you simply right click on the object box and select insert object. Click in the 'create from file' radio button and then browse for the image file. Do this for each record in your database.

I don't know if there's a quicker way of doing a bulk upload, but this certainly works!

Latest

Trending

Trending