The Student Room Group

Grammar Sixth Form Help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kindred.Spirit
I know, it's really hard because it's soooo oversubscribed :L

Yep, it's my first choice :smile: At the Sutton interview the headmistress asked me which is my number 1 preference. She started laughing and said she wouldn't mind if Sutton wasn't no. 1. I said that Camphill was no.1 but Sutton would definitely be in the top 3 ;D
I'm just going to keep calm and hope for the best! ^.^

That's all I have left to count on for a place :P How bizarre that sounds :P
SAME. As long as I get an interview atleast I'm happy! xD

Ah good luck :smile:)

and omg you should be soo happy that you got an interview! I got my letter yesterday - I didn't even get an interview, no one else I know got an interview either and we were all predicted A*'s and A's. I honestly do not know what more they wanted. :confused: Oh wells, guess it wasn't meant to be. :smile:
Aww thank you :')

Maybe it was the reference or personal statement? I know they DEFINITELY don't call you for interview if your attendance is below 96% or something :L But I guess you're right, it probably wasn't mean to be...maybe you're destined for a better place :biggrin:
Reply 22
Aww thank you :')

Maybe it was the reference or personal statement? I know they DEFINITELY don't call you for interview if your attendance is below 96% or something :L But I guess you're right, it probably wasn't mean to be...maybe you're destined for a better place :biggrin:

I doubt it was my personal statement because my sisters friend who used to go to Camp Hill checked it for me and said that I should get an interview because of it. It may have been my reference because the teacher who did it doesn't particularly like me. :frown: My attendance is 100% so that couldn't have been it. Yeah, I'm staying at my schools sixth form then. :frown:
Oh well :L Evil teacher ._. I made sure I gave it to my favourite teacher ;D She likes me :P
What school do you go to if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 24
Original post by star10159
I certainly hope so lol, although I'm really nervous as well....Good luck :smile: PMme if you get one :smile:

Haha yeah :/ Good luck to you too! and yeah i shall do :biggrin: vice versa you PM me if you get one aha
Reply 25
Oh well :L Evil teacher ._. I made sure I gave it to my favourite teacher ;D She likes me :P
What school do you go to if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, I don't like her either. :| I was going to give it to one of my other teachers but I completely forgot. :/ lol. I go to Swanshurst, how about you?
Original post by raff:)
Yeah, I don't like her either. :| I was going to give it to one of my other teachers but I completely forgot. :/ lol. I go to Swanshurst, how about you?

I go to Al-Hijrah, it's in Bordesley Green...it doesn't have a Sixth form, THANK GOD. I sooo want to get out of this place Dx
Ah, Swanshurst, I live in Moseley which is fairly near ;D
I doubt it was my personal statement because my sisters friend who used to go to Camp Hill checked it for me and said that I should get an interview because of it. It may have been my reference because the teacher who did it doesn't particularly like me. :frown: My attendance is 100% so that couldn't have been it. Yeah, I'm staying at my schools sixth form then. :frown:

Camp hill asks for personal statement?
whaaa? :lolwut:
Reply 28

I go to Al-Hijrah, it's in Bordesley Green...it doesn't have a Sixth form, THANK GOD. I sooo want to get out of this place Dx

Oooh, Al Hijrah? I've heard of that :biggrin: Why do you want to get out of it?lol, and I live in Moseley too :biggrin:
Reply 29

Sorry, not a personal statement - I meant that little section in the application form where you have to write about yourself etc. :smile:

Sorry! :colondollar: My fault, Raff is right, it's the bit where you right about yourself :smile:
Oooh, Al Hijrah? I've heard of that :biggrin: Why do you want to get out of it?lol, and I live in Moseley too :biggrin:

I've been there for a minimum of 8 years (they have primary). So I don't think I want to stay any longer. I want a CHANGE. Oh wow, awesome :biggrin:

That could be precisely the reason they didn't interview you! Mr Hardy (head of sixth form for the boys school) said to me that when they're overly subscribed they tend to favour applicants from poorly performing schools because the resources on offer at a grammar school would benefit them more than a student from a good school. :/

Have you applied to many of the other grammar schools?
(edited 12 years ago)
Al-Hijrah isn't a poorly performing school, it just doesn't have the proper facilities...infact last year atleast 14 students in Year 11 got more than 5A*s..... But yes, I agree, they do sometimes tend to favour applicants from other schools who might not have the resources and facilities that the grammars may have.

I've applied to:
King Edward Five Ways
Sutton Coldfield for Girls Grammar
King Edward Stourbridge
King Edward Handsworth
KEHS (independent)
Reply 34
I got a rejection letter from sutton coldfield grammar school for girls after a looooong wait ! I don't know what they really want, It said on the letter that the minimum gradez required are like A'S and B'S including english and maths, which i had but only 1 C in maths ! Also camphill girls rejected me because they had less spaces which i understand cuz they have high standards and alot of people have applied there... Does anyone know when king edward handsworth reply bk ? Cuz they didn't have a deadline for the applications aswell :s-smilie: , I've got a space in handsworth wood girls , does anyone know how their sixth form is like ?????
Original post by starz_123
I got a rejection letter from sutton coldfield grammar school for girls after a looooong wait ! I don't know what they really want, It said on the letter that the minimum gradez required are like A'S and B'S including english and maths, which i had but only 1 C in maths ! Also camphill girls rejected me because they had less spaces which i understand cuz they have high standards and alot of people have applied there... Does anyone know when king edward handsworth reply bk ? Cuz they didn't have a deadline for the applications aswell :s-smilie: , I've got a space in handsworth wood girls , does anyone know how their sixth form is like ?????

Yeah my friend applied King Ed handsworth and she did her interview like last month, dunno if she got a place though....
Did any of you go to queen Mary grammar? I got an offer and went for the discussion and found it amazing :smile:
Reply 37
Does anybody know anything about handsworth wood girls school's sixth form ? :smile:
Original post by starz_123
Does anybody know anything about handsworth wood girls school's sixth form ? :smile:

Yes, i go there and to be honest its not very good.
Reply 39
Has anyone had a reply from King edward Five ways yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending