Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by MikeyP96
i hope i get in

You probably will! you have higher grades than me :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Hero-H
You probably will! you have higher grades than me :smile:

a few of my friends are applying aswell and it would be nice if we could all go together:smile:
what school do you go to?
Reply 62
a few of my friends are applying aswell and it would be nice if we could all go together:smile:
what school do you go to?

Hmmm good luck mate :smile:

I go to Holly Lodge lol , you?
Reply 63
Original post by Hero-H
Hmmm good luck mate :smile:

I go to Holly Lodge lol , you?

i go to Handsworth Grammar School
good luck to you too:smile:
Reply 64
i go to Handsworth Grammar School
good luck to you too:smile:

Oh okay haha! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous786
Hi guys, I have a few questions regarding grammar sixth forms:

1. I have had an interview for King Edwards Rose Hill VI Handsworth however have not yet received a reply. When do they usually tell you if you have an offer or not?

2. I have an upcoming interview for Sutton Girls Grammar. What do they ask you at the interview and do they tell you if you have a place straightaway or not?

3. I have received a conditional offer for Queen Marys Grammar School but I have to attend a meeting. I wanted to do Psychology but they do not offer Psychology. Instead I chose Economics. What should I do? I'm confused.

4. I've had an interview for King Edwards Five Ways and Bishop Veseys. When do they reply telling you if you have an offer or not?

5. I've heard that A Level Biology and Chemistry teachers at Queen Marys HIGH school are not too good. Should I even bother attending an interview if I get one?

6. Personally, I want to go King Edwards Rose Hill or Bishop Veseys the most however which one would you advise?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

That's funny because rosehill don't give out interviews. :rolleyes:

EDIT: before you start to neg someone, try getting your facts straight.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kindred.Spirit

Choose the college which you think you would benefit most from! Good luck

That doesn't really help much :/ I think i can benefit from both and I can't choose both lol
Reply 67
Original post by star10159
That doesn't really help much :/ I think i can benefit from both and I can't choose both lol

choose the one closer to your house if u think theyll both benefit u equally
id personally go to the one which will help me get better grades but thats your own opinion

I said benefit 'most' from.
You said the atmosphere at Veseys was good but the facilities weren't.
You also said you loved QMGS's facilities.

You didn't specify much about QMGS's atmosphere, so I can't really say but I would reccomend you make a flowchart which you can work through to see which one is best.
For example:

1.Look at Grades --> QMSG (very good grades)

--> Vesey's (also good grades)

2.Close proximity to your home --> QMSG (30 minutes to get there (eg) )

--> Vesey's (10 minutes to get there (eg) )

3. Facilities --> QMSG (excellent facilities)

--> Vesey's (okayish facilities)

4. Atmosphere -->QMSG (okayish atmosphere)

--> Vesey's (great atmosphere)

And so on...

If you make some sort of diagram and work out which one has the most pros over cons, then that would ultimately be the best for you.

In my example above, QMSG (in my opinion), would be good because the facilities are excellent, they get good grades, and yes, it may be a little far but I can work around that. You can't really change the atmosphere or the facilities, but you can make life easier otherwise.

BTW: The example above, I just made up the atmosphere,grades,close proximity bit! You need to make a real one!
:smile:

Hope that cleared up what I meant. :biggrin:
I said benefit 'most' from.
You said the atmosphere at Veseys was good but the facilities weren't.
You also said you loved QMGS's facilities.

You didn't specify much about QMGS's atmosphere, so I can't really say but I would reccomend you make a flowchart which you can work through to see which one is best.
For example:

1.Look at Grades --> QMSG (very good grades)

--> Vesey's (also good grades)

2.Close proximity to your home --> QMSG (30 minutes to get there (eg) )

--> Vesey's (10 minutes to get there (eg) )

3. Facilities --> QMSG (excellent facilities)

--> Vesey's (okayish facilities)

4. Atmosphere -->QMSG (okayish atmosphere)

--> Vesey's (great atmosphere)

And so on...

If you make some sort of diagram and work out which one has the most pros over cons, then that would ultimately be the best for you.

In my example above, QMSG (in my opinion), would be good because the facilities are excellent, they get good grades, and yes, it may be a little far but I can work around that. You can't really change the atmosphere or the facilities, but you can make life easier otherwise.

BTW: The example above, I just made up the atmosphere,grades,close proximity bit! You need to make a real one!
:smile:

Hope that cleared up what I meant. :biggrin:

Thanks ya i'f just like to add to that, Vesey has better grades and it is like 5 mins from my house, I can literally see it from here. Thanks anyway :smile:
Thanks ya i'f just like to add to that, Vesey has better grades and it is like 5 mins from my house, I can literally see it from here. Thanks anyway :smile:

Oh okay, cool, don't know much about Veseys or QMGS because I didn't apply but yeah, whichever one is best for you :smile:
Glad I could help!

Edit:
Er...why did I get a neg for this? O.o
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Mr Bling
Five ways rejected me :frown:

Don't get too down! My letter states that if someone with an offer rejects it, it will be offered to others. I for one am not accepting my offer I'm sure that place will be offered to some next person!
Reply 72
Original post by Mr Bling
Five ways rejected me :frown:

I got rejected too:frown:
I got rejected too:frown:

Ah same :L Sad times but oh well, it was my first interview and I was prettttty nervous. Not too bothered about Five Ways though, I've got better offers :smile:
Reply 74
Ah same :L Sad times but oh well, it was my first interview and I was prettttty nervous. Not too bothered about Five Ways though, I've got better offers :smile:

what other offers have you got and where are you thinking of going?
Got a conditional offer from KEFW today! Probably about time I decide where I'm planning on going in September...
Reply 76
Got rejected :frown:
I got rejected, Oh well, wasn't going to accept it anyways, Vesey here I come !
Reply 78
Hey everyone,

I applied for Camp Hill boys and had an interview, but havent heard anything back from them. I think in the end they might reject me but i am still waiting for a response. Do you think it would be best for me to send an email of my grades that i achieved in March to them? Or is it a bad idea?

I really want to go there...
Reply 79
I got rejected, Oh well, wasn't going to accept it anyways, Vesey here I come !

what were your subject choices and predicted grades?

Quick Reply

Latest