The Student Room Group

Grammar Sixth Form Help!

Hi guys, I have a few questions regarding grammar sixth forms:

1. I have had an interview for King Edwards Rose Hill VI Handsworth however have not yet received a reply. When do they usually tell you if you have an offer or not?

2. I have an upcoming interview for Sutton Girls Grammar. What do they ask you at the interview and do they tell you if you have a place straightaway or not?

3. I have received a conditional offer for Queen Marys Grammar School but I have to attend a meeting. I wanted to do Psychology but they do not offer Psychology. Instead I chose Economics. What should I do? I'm confused.

4. I've had an interview for King Edwards Five Ways and Bishop Veseys. When do they reply telling you if you have an offer or not?

5. I've heard that A Level Biology and Chemistry teachers at Queen Marys HIGH school are not too good. Should I even bother attending an interview if I get one?

6. Personally, I want to go King Edwards Rose Hill or Bishop Veseys the most however which one would you advise?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
I'm in a similar position, however I'm a boy and have applied to KE Aston and KE Camp Hill over Sutton Girls and Handsworth :wink:
I'll try and provide whatever help I can...

1)Two of the girls in my year have applied to Handsworth and neither of those have heard yet either, I'd imagine they get back to you at some point after the half term.

2) I know nothing about Sutton Girls, I can't help on this :tongue:

3) Me too! I have also received a conditional offer from Queen Mary's and also am very confused as to what to do. The difference in my case is that they've offered me the subjects that I want to study (Lit, History, Econ and Maths). Is Psychology an important subject for you to study? What would you like to study at university?

4) Again, me too. I've been interviewed by KEFW and Vesey. Five Ways said they won't get back to us until March, and I think Vesey will write to us next week as they said the week after the holidays to me.

5)Don't know much about Queen Mary's High as I didn't apply, but if you'd rather go to QMGS who have already given you an offer then there's not really a point in going. However, if you're still unsure then it will help you keep your options open.

6) I have no idea where I want to go! I'm holding offers from Aston, Camp Hill Boys and QMGS and I don't have any idea where it is I actually want to go :frown:. I think I'm going to accept everywhere and then turn the places down once I've made my decision...
Reply 2
I recieved a rejection from Queen Marys Grammar School but I've had interviews for both KEFW and Bishop Veseys. I'm now waiting for a response! KEFW is my first choice , if i don't get in i'll probably to go to King Edward College in Stourbridge! Congrats to you two for your QMGS offers though :biggrin:
Reply 3
Anyone else other than thisisjokes holding a Camp Hill offer?
HAS ANYONE GOT AN INTERVIEW FROM KING EDWARD CAMPHILL GIRLS?? (writting in caps so my post is more noticable) Lol :biggrin:
Reply 5
No interview from Camp Hill Girls yet. They said they'd reply after 31st of January. Odd :/
Reply 6
Original post by strawberryshake
HAS ANYONE GOT AN INTERVIEW FROM KING EDWARD CAMPHILL GIRLS?? (writting in caps so my post is more noticable) Lol :biggrin:

I haven't heard from Camp Hill and neither have any of my friends...how about you? :smile:
Nope, did you have an interview to sutton coldfield grammar school?
I had a Sutton Interview - it was wicked :smile: Got an offer straight away :] It was with the headmistress, Mrs.Shackleton. She is amazing ^.^

I've got my Camphill interview letter today, it's on 5th March..in 1 week and 3 days O.o I'm scared >.<
Reply 9
Original post by strawberryshake
Nope, did you have an interview to sutton coldfield grammar school?

Nope, I didn't apply there. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Kindred.Spirit

I've got my Camphill interview letter today, it's on 5th March..in 1 week and 3 days O.o I'm scared >.<

Omg, you're the first person I know of who has an interview for Camp Hill! :eek:
Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do great! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by raff:)
Omg, you're the first person I know of who has an interview for Camp Hill! :eek:
Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do great! :smile:

I'm the first person I know of myself who has a Camphill interview xD I'm scared witless!

I remember you :P You commented on my Five Ways Interview thread :wink:

Aww thank you :3 You're too kind!
Reply 12
I'm the first person I know of myself who has a Camphill interview xD I'm scared witless!

I remember you :P You commented on my Five Ways Interview thread :wink:

Aww thank you :3 You're too kind!

lolol. :') I hope I get an interview soon too :frown:

I would be scared too:') but you've had a Five Ways interview which is similar so you've had practice so you should be okay. :smile: How did the Five Ways one go btw?

And oooh yeeahh! I thought I recognised your name :')
I'm sure you will. Have faith in yourself :smile:

True true..but Camphill is the BIG ONE. >.< The Five Ways was scary Dx I think I ruined it though because I had a couple of mind blanks, but I made the Head of Sixth Form laugh quite alot, not at me, but with me of course (or else I'd be screwed!) LOL
But yeah..I'm not expecting much from them, most people there were just as terrified as I was which made me happy as I knew I wasn't the only one who was scared xD

Haha, awesome ;D
Reply 14
I'm sure you will. Have faith in yourself :smile:

True true..but Camphill is the BIG ONE. >.< The Five Ways was scary Dx I think I ruined it though because I had a couple of mind blanks, but I made the Head of Sixth Form laugh quite alot, not at me, but with me of course (or else I'd be screwed!) LOL
But yeah..I'm not expecting much from them, most people there were just as terrified as I was which made me happy as I knew I wasn't the only one who was scared xD

Haha, awesome ;D

I hope, it's just sosososo competitive! :frown:

Lol, so I'm guessing you'd rather want to go to Camp Hill? :') Oh don't worry about it, my friends who had the interview as well got stuck on a few of the questions :')
Lol, that sounds good :biggrin: Hopefully they should remember you then 'cause you made them laugh :P
Yeah, I'm not surprised! I'm ****ting myself just for the letter if I've got an interview or not! XD
I know, it's really hard because it's soooo oversubscribed :L

Yep, it's my first choice :smile: At the Sutton interview the headmistress asked me which is my number 1 preference. She started laughing and said she wouldn't mind if Sutton wasn't no. 1. I said that Camphill was no.1 but Sutton would definitely be in the top 3 ;D
I'm just going to keep calm and hope for the best! ^.^

That's all I have left to count on for a place :P How bizarre that sounds :P
SAME. As long as I get an interview atleast I'm happy! xD
Reply 16
haha I know a few people who got camp hill interviews and got in :biggrin: Theyre oversubbed because the students who attend their secondary school oviously get an advantage and not many of them leave.
Do they have to do interviews as well?? I wasnt sure.
Vesey start making offers next week.
Reply 18
Original post by star10159
Vesey start making offers next week.

Do you think you've done well enough to get an offer? I'm feeling extremely nervous :/
Original post by Hero-H
Do you think you've done well enough to get an offer? I'm feeling extremely nervous :/

I certainly hope so lol, although I'm really nervous as well....Good luck :smile: PMme if you get one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest