Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Iran Petition

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggnchips)
    Forget petitions about sanctions we need to put Iran to bed asap, their the biggest threat to world stability in the last 20 years military action needs to be taken.
    Your username makes me hungry.

(Original post by Marvel_Mo)
    He said he wants to get rid of the Zionists which is something he dislikes, the same way how Israel hates Iran and has been pushing the west to attack Iran for years.
    Israel probably only wants other nations to attack Iran and other countries because those countries have spent so long preaching about hatred for the Jews and death to the Jews.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why you talking about propaganda? Did I say I support the government? I just want you to see the bigger picture, in the past decades how many regimes changes have America been invovled in and how many countries in the middle east gave the west invaded making new reasons every week. Watch the interviews with George Bush when he was in power, he would literally make a new reason when the previous one was outdated. The propaganda in the UK and America are trying to show how grimey the middle east is neglecting to show the resources that are located in the middle east.
    I don't expect you to see how I see it but I see it as Iran is probably the last country that hasn't fallen to the west involvment and corruption the middle east. I personally think it is outragous to make it seem Iran (as a country) are the ones that has started all of this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)

Israel probably only wants other nations to attack Iran and other countries because those countries have spent so long preaching about hatred for the Jews and death to the Jews.
    Not really, I've been to Iran numerous times and sat in lessons in Iran's schools and they never even mention Jews, so how are they exactly teaching hatred towards Jews?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nay.
    To be quite honest I don't understand why people really get so worried about Iran. They aren't a threat to this country. They don't even have an air force that can come here. As for their nuclear intentions, well, last I heard even the CIA said there's no evidence that they want a weapon.
    Just compare it to what we went through during the Cold War. The Soviets actually had a strong military and also had thousands of nuclear weapons with intercontinental missiles. Now we're getting all worried about a country that has a couple of weak militants and has a government that MIGHT get ONE nuclear weapon some day.
    Even if they did want a weapon, you can understand why because for years they've had the West telling them what to do, maybe they think with a weapon they'd be given more respect. I personally think that trying to tell them they shouldn't have one by issuing sanctions is actually going to persuade them to get one quicker. I don't want Iran to get a weapon but I don't think it would endanger us particularly. Iran is no match for The West.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarred)
    Nay.
    To be quite honest I don't understand why people really get so worried about Iran. They aren't a threat to this country. They don't even have an air force that can come here. As for their nuclear intentions, well, last I heard even the CIA said there's no evidence that they want a weapon.
    Just compare it to what we went through during the Cold War. The Soviets actually had a strong military and also had thousands of nuclear weapons with intercontinental missiles. Now we're getting all worried about a country that has a couple of weak militants and has a government that MIGHT get ONE nuclear weapon some day.
    Even if they did want a weapon, you can understand why because for years they've had the West telling them what to do, maybe they think with a weapon they'd be given more respect. I personally think that trying to tell them they shouldn't have one by issuing sanctions is actually going to persuade them to get one quicker. I don't want Iran to get a weapon but I don't think it would endanger us particularly. Iran is no match for The West.
    You can't really say that, in the Iran-Iraq war the west funded, gave arms and soldiers to Iraq yet that still war ended up as a stalemate. Also I would like to add America's force is pretty poor, they couldn't even successfully win the Vietnam war and their army was much larger than Vietnams and France can not even hold their own, in fact the only countries that can probably stand a chance against Iran are Germany and UK. Basically the west are not as great as they think they are with the exception of a few countries like UK and Germany.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)

This is a vague statement. Israel wants the world to bomb the Middle East (presumably these are the countries you're talking about) because 'those countries' said bad things about Jews? Presumably by 'those countries' you mean the governments? Which governments have made those remarks. You can find plenty of evidence of Israeli political figures referring to Palestinians in a dehumanising manner but I wouldn't want the world to bomb Israel.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can't really say that, in the Iran-Iraq war the west funded, gave arms and soldiers to Iraq yet that still war ended up as a stalemate. Also I would like to add America's force is pretty poor, they couldn't even successfully win the Vietnam war and their army was much larger than Vietnams and France can not even hold their own, in fact the only countries that can probably stand a chance against Iran are Germany and UK. Basically the west are not as great as they think they are with the exception of a few countries like UK and Germany.
    You should probably reassess your analysis of geopolitics.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would argue that the USA is pretty much the strongest military power of the world though. You only have to look at their spending on it. 43% of the whole world's defense spending comes from the USA. They spend about 700 Billion USD. To put things into perspective; the second highest country by military spending is China, on roughly 100 Billion USD. They have complete domination there.
    I really don't think Iran is a true threat to us.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't have to be, directly, but if the oil-producing nations of the Middle East began warring with each other then we'd be stuffed. Unlike the US or Canada we don't have a domestic source and alternatives aren't really there yet.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would argue that the USA is pretty much the strongest military power of the world though. You only have to look at their spending on it. 43% of the whole world's defense spending comes from the USA. They spend about 700 Billion USD. To put things into perspective; the second highest country by military spending is China, on roughly 100 Billion USD. They have complete domination there.
    If History has taught us anything is that arms and size do play a huge role in a war but there are other factors to consider as well. Did you know every single Iranian has to do 3-4 years of military service when they reach 18 years old, also compared to the environment in Iran to America Iranians are probably more prepared than America if a war does start. Also I would like to add if a war does break out Iran has no intention in invading America but America do intend to invade Iran therefore America will only be losing soldiers and arms if they try to attack Iran.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    Seen different versions of images like this and they all seem to have most of the same bases. Irony at it's best.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    If History has taught us anything is that arms and size do play a huge role in a war but there are other factors to consider as well. Did you know every single Iranian has to do 3-4 years of military service when they reach 18 years old, also compared to the environment in Iran to America Iranians are probably more prepared than America if a war does start. Also I would like to add if a war does break out Iran has no intention in invading America but America do intend to invade Iran therefore America will only be losing soldiers and arms if they try to attack Iran.
    The things you mentioned probably do count against the US, that is for certain. But I still would say the might of the American military is enough to push through that and win a conflict without breaking a sweat.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The things you mentioned probably do count against the US, that is for certain. But I still would say the might of the American military is enough to push through that and win a conflict without breaking a sweat.
    As soon as war breaks out America will always be quick to push the panic button and with the economic crisis going on America I fail to see how they can be able to defeat Iran, and don't believe all the propaganda going on in the west that Iran are doing worse than they are, it's all lies lool.
    We both will have to agree to disagree.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    This petition has gone to a Division, where the MPs of the TSR Model House of Commons will vote on whether they support it or not. If you want to find out more about the Model House of Commons, including how to become an MP or submit your very own petition, click here.

Division!!
Updated: February 20, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.