The Student Room Group

Naproxen & other anti-inflammatory drugs

Ive just been prescribed Naproxen, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug for tendonitis in my arm. My doctor didnt mention anything about side effects though and theres no leaflet in the box so I was just wondering if anyone had taken this before, or any other anti-inflammatory drug, and whether you experienced any side effects? Ive done a search on the web and it says that they can cause dizziness which is what Im most worried about since I have to drive to work/uni.
Reply 1
You should be absolutely fine from a driving point of view.

It's a type of NSAID and in terms of your tendonitis, should help. However, NSAIDs are notorious for their side effects if used long term (although generally in vulnerable groups) - If you're asthmatic, there's a risk of bronchoconstriction, though I wouldn't have thought your GP would have prescribed you this if you are. Other risks include peptic ulcers, bleeding tendencies, and renal problems.... however, short term, in an otherwise healthy person, there's no reason to be concerned.
It probably already says on the label but try and take it with or after food to cut down on the GI side effects.

Latest

Trending

Trending