The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

social work at queens university belfast 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neards
Malt, can you not wait and see if you get reserve list?There will be so much declining and two-ing and fro-ing that people will be offered loads of places after people accept and decline their places. What it will rest on for me is if I got to Queens, will all my placements be Southern Board. P.s... Anyone fancy a car share from the North coast? It's all becoming so real!

Hi Neards, Yeah I'm going to hold out but I'm just so grateful to get anywhere as I know its a really hard course to get into. Is QUB your first preference?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hi just wondering if there is anyone on here who has studied at BMC and what they thought of it.
Reply 182
Heya! Reading the posts about loada people getting offers...freaking myself out a little! xD

I've applied for UU and Queens..no offers..My two friends got UU offers yesterday though! eep. Id prefer Queens but would be delighted with either!
Good luck everyone still waiting and well done to the jammy folk that have got the good news!

xx
Reply 183
Malteasers I'm at BMC at the minute and I really like it. I know of several social working student in 1st year and they are really enjoying it. It has a nice atmosphere and is really convenient to park and travel by train etc. If queens decline me then I'm accepting BMC. My tutors now are fab and I would hope that the sw tutors will be just as great.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 184
Original post by lc101
Hey everyone! I applied for both grad and 3 year routes, got offers for both from Magee, so delighted to have any offers at all but would really love queens as its closer to home in newry! Queens are dealing with my application according to a woman I spoke to from Magee! Congrats to those with offers so far :smile:

here if queens are handling your application then its highly likely they will offer you a place as well if UU have!!!!

im also from south armagh direction!! near newtown so am hoping 4queens as well as it would be far easier 2travel from!!!

i was checking yesterday were only in class in UU from step-xmas!!! so its not the worse 2travel!!

there is "CASUAL" HALLS in UU!! WERE U can stay the odd night 4 £22.50!! so suppose if you a lecture late & 1 the next morning u could stay the odd night!!!

what was your previous degree you done???
Reply 185
Yea the timetable would be good to know, as im driving to dungannon every day as im about an hours distance away and would be handy to know petrol costs so i could start budgeting.

:smile: x
Hey all, got offers for SWC, BMC and Magee! Does anyone know when Queens let us know? The waiting is killing me!
Hi just wondering if there is anyone else on here who has just had an offer from BMC or SWC and been declined by Magee????????????????
Original post by Mylo_xyloto
Hey all, got offers for SWC, BMC and Magee! Does anyone know when Queens let us know? The waiting is killing me!

Hey I reckon it'll be around the 7th of May they tend to keep people waiting right to the end :mad:
Reply 189
Beetle 01- I hope ur right lol!! I did criminology in queens and graduated in June last year! What was ur undergrad degree? And sorry to be nosey but wer in south Armagh are u from?

Guys u can see last years time table if u go to school of social policy and social work time tables on qub website! Should give u an idea of time tables!

:smile:
Original post by Malteasers2012
Hi just wondering if there is anyone else on here who has just had an offer from BMC or SWC and been declined by Magee????????????????

I have offer for UU and SWC and am waiting on offer from Queens, I will accept SWC 1st.

I was under the impression that if you get offers for one uni that you will get offers for all. My
interview was in Queens. !
Original post by McDowell123
I have offer for UU and SWC and am waiting on offer from Queens, I will accept SWC 1st.

I was under the impression that if you get offers for one uni that you will get offers for all. My
interview was in Queens. !

Hi I'm not sure how it works but app to get an offer for QUB you have to score very high in your interview. I really hope I get an offer from the reserve list for UU its so much handier for me as I live near Derry.
Reply 192
Not so McDowell as there are not as many places at SWC so not possible to offer to all who got offers for the rest. It's been very quiet on here the last few days. I say it will liven up when QUB finally get their fingers out!
Reply 193
Has anyone gotten rejections from UU?? Still waiting to hear from UU or Queens with a rejection or an offer!
Reply 194
Just been made an unconditional offer for Queens!!!! Yee Haa..... Hope everyone else hears soon and that its good news. Can't wipe the smile off my face, actually cried with relief!
Reply 195
I just got an offer from Queens yeeaaahhhhhhhh I can't believe it! Good luck everyone!!
I'm the same Joanne, I burst out crying!!!! I still have exams tho lol!
Omg I can't believe it just got conditional from queens :smile:
Reply 197
Well done everyone! mine still hasn't been updated! are your offers for the 3 year or the graduate route? :smile:
Reply 198
yay i got an unconditional for the 3 year route :smile:
Reply 199
yayyy i got a conditional from queens too! it said on condition i pass all my law exams though and im scared cause its so hard i duno if i will :frown: What conditions did everyone get? I didnt even know they could make conditions like that I thought it would only be if you were at school!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending