The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

social work at queens university belfast 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who got offers so far!

To those who have Queens offers- have they been for the 3 year or graduate route...?

Really excited/nervous right now!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by andybrfc87
Hi everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who got offers so far!

To those who have Queens offers- have they been for the 3 year or graduate route...?

Really excited/nervous right now!

Got offers for Queens for both 2 and 3 year courses- now decision time.
Reply 202
Ahh we could all be Queen's buddies (Grades permitting for us conditional people lol) Congratulations to everyone :smile: we've had a long wait ...
Reply 203
Is anyone the same as me - no rejection/offer as yet from Queens?
Reply 204
oh my god i got my conditional offer for queens! soo happy! well done everyone else!
Reply 205
Hi everyone!! Just got an unconditional for the queens for the 2 year RGR and the 3 year undergraduate!!! I'm actually speechless! Burst into tears outside work with sheer relief!!! Congratulations to everyone else who's heard and good luck to those still waiting! Is anyone else for the 2 year route??
Reply 206
Original post by lfrench623
Got offers for Queens for both 2 and 3 year courses- now decision time.

What are you leaning more towards? My guy is telling me the 2 year for financial reasons (less loans!) and because obviously it means your qualified earlier but the intensity of it is putting me off! Think I'll pick the 2 year though!
Reply 207
Original post by Dobbie89
I just got an offer from Queens yeeaaahhhhhhhh I can't believe it! Good luck everyone!!
I'm the same Joanne, I burst out crying!!!! I still have exams tho lol!

Study hard Dobbie89!! Still tears coming on and off.....my kids think I'm nuts!! lol. Time to start the battle with student finance...
Congratulations to everyone who have got offers and to anyone who didn't get an offer, try again next year!! This was my second attempt so don't give up!!!
Reply 208
Original post by catty_
Hi everyone!! Just got an unconditional for the queens for the 2 year RGR and the 3 year undergraduate!!! I'm actually speechless! Burst into tears outside work with sheer relief!!! Congratulations to everyone else who's heard and good luck to those still waiting! Is anyone else for the 2 year route??

Congratulations!!:smile::smile::smile: Lots of tears for me too, keep on coming since I found out at 4.30!
Reply 209
so who all is going to be doing the 3 year route at queens? we could all be classmates!!
Reply 210
Looks like ill be on the 3 yr route. Didn't get the 2 yr route unfortunately! but still happy I got on at all :biggrin:
Reply 211
Ah saw this and just checked Ucas! Got offers for both 2 and 3 year routes! Def going for 2 year, so happy! Congrats everyone!
Can't wait to start :smile:
Original post by catty_
What are you leaning more towards? My guy is telling me the 2 year for financial reasons (less loans!) and because obviously it means your qualified earlier but the intensity of it is putting me off! Think I'll pick the 2 year though!

Think im going for the 2 year route - have a few friends who hae done the three year route and they said how the the first year is very introductory. Just got two exams now then hopefully that will be me starting in september :smile:
Reply 213
Original post by lfrench623
Think im going for the 2 year route - have a few friends who hae done the three year route and they said how the the first year is very introductory. Just got two exams now then hopefully that will be me starting in september :smile:

Yeah that's my issue too! I've got a sociology degree and ive done a few of the modules already so see it as a waste doing the 3 year as the first year will be wasted on me more or less! Stay in touch, good luck for your exams and I'll be seeing you in September! :smile:
Reply 214
Original post by lc101
Ah saw this and just checked Ucas! Got offers for both 2 and 3 year routes! Def going for 2 year, so happy! Congrats everyone!
Can't wait to start :smile:

Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear people taking the two year! Can't wait! Stay in touch and I'll be seeing you in September :biggrin:
Original post by catty_
Yeah that's my issue too! I've got a sociology degree and ive done a few of the modules already so see it as a waste doing the 3 year as the first year will be wasted on me more or less! Stay in touch, good luck for your exams and I'll be seeing you in September! :smile:

Yeah I'm doing a sociology with criminology degree atm! So feel that the two year degree is the better option! Thanks :smile: glad to see that there is quite a few people picking the 2 year degree!
Reply 216
Been filling out my student finance application but it won't accept my UCAS course code for the 3 year at queens(L500), has anyone else had that problem?
Hi everyone, Just wondering if you have all decided where you are going and if many of you have declined magee????????????
Reply 218
Original post by joannec75
Been filling out my student finance application but it won't accept my UCAS course code for the 3 year at queens(L500), has anyone else had that problem?

hi, yes im having the same problem, did you get it sorted out?
Reply 219
Accepted Magee and declined other 3

Quick Reply