The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy at UWE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Citrus queen
Hi I have finally confirmed Uwe as 1st choice....but have Plymouth as my insurance (comfort blanket) ! I am trying to get my head around that I will be studying for 3 years!! and am looking for accom already ...the Access course is nearly finished, 3 essays to go and 4 biology worksheets and I'm done ! Distinctions in all so far but hey if I get merits now I just am not that bothered....watching the BBc prog of wildlike in Kenya and JUST want to go back there....it was simply brilliant expereince, so anyone up for a Kenya trip next year ....working in a clinic just say...

Hope you OK and see you soon, shall we meet in August ? to see what we need to do....Karen (Citrusqueen)

Hi Karen - glad you had a good time and that you are coming to UWE!! I'm on the last few bits of my access course and am so desperate to finish and get my life back.....I have an observational report (2500 words), a short essay (1000) words) and a longer essay (2500 words) to do by the end of next week, then a 1 hour exam after that. Can't wait. I got all distinctions to start with but now I have what I need for UWE, I just need to pass the rest!

I'm up for meeting in August although might be away camping a couple of weekends depending on the weather!

Hope your essays are going well.

See you soon - Sara
Original post by SaraSp
Hi Karen - glad you had a good time and that you are coming to UWE!! I'm on the last few bits of my access course and am so desperate to finish and get my life back.....I have an observational report (2500 words), a short essay (1000) words) and a longer essay (2500 words) to do by the end of next week, then a 1 hour exam after that. Can't wait. I got all distinctions to start with but now I have what I need for UWE, I just need to pass the rest!

I'm up for meeting in August although might be away camping a couple of weekends depending on the weather!

Hope your essays are going well.

See you soon - Sara

Yes we are just getting throught the last Access bits....snake poison tonight then agression followed by mental health essay !! in psychology....just let us know what dates you are free in August and we can set a sunday meet as I work sat ! but if a sat is better I can a day off ....I may even make a weekend of it in Bristol to get a feel for the place. Just remind me where you live sara.....are you very local to UWE just trying to pin everyone down .....anyways just dusted down my student finance docs - they are sending me the grand sum of £766 for first term....where is the rest coming from is my BIG fiscal problem to solve !! Karen XX
Reply 242
Hi....long time no posts from me but have finally confirmed UWE as 1st choice on UCAS !! we should try and meet in August...I work Sats but can meet on a sunday for lunch and see who can join us....so we can start to panic that we are actually going to be studying for 3 years !

Karen (Citrusqueen)

Glad you have firmed us :smile:
I really can't believe how fast time is going in 4 months we will be in uni! I still have far to much to do!
We aren't going any where in Aug so should be fre or easily be able to change plans do we can meet again.

Glad the course work is going well for everyone, best of luck getting those last essays in and with the exam!
Reply 243
Yes we are just getting throught the last Access bits....snake poison tonight then agression followed by mental health essay !! in psychology....just let us know what dates you are free in August and we can set a sunday meet as I work sat ! but if a sat is better I can a day off ....I may even make a weekend of it in Bristol to get a feel for the place. Just remind me where you live sara.....are you very local to UWE just trying to pin everyone down .....anyways just dusted down my student finance docs - they are sending me the grand sum of £766 for first term....where is the rest coming from is my BIG fiscal problem to solve !! Karen XX

Hi - I live in Downend - which is about 2.5 / 3 miles from UWE going away from Bristol centre - near J1 of the M32. I've bought a bike and am going to cycle in!
Reply 244
Hi Great news re your offer...I just got back from Kenya it was amazing I am defo goin g back next summer....sod the summer job ! I am 46 so will be the oldest but hell who cares, age is a number. I am up for meeting up In August if we can seelct a date....then we can all see where we are living !! and working aswell, as I need a job before I even start at UWE...

Sorry i havent replied sooner....the access course is hotting up now and I am up to my eyes in work....would definitely like to meet up in Aug, its getting so close now :smile:
Abbie
Reply 245
Original post by Abb1eS
Sorry i havent replied sooner....the access course is hotting up now and I am up to my eyes in work....would definitely like to meet up in Aug, its getting so close now :smile:
Abbie

I know exactly how you feel. I need to write 2 essays by the end of Friday this week! And am working today and tomorrow - so I think I'm going to have a couple of late nights :rolleyes:
Reply 246
Original post by SaraSp
I know exactly how you feel. I need to write 2 essays by the end of Friday this week! And am working today and tomorrow - so I think I'm going to have a couple of late nights :rolleyes:

Yipeeeee i just handed my extended essay in and it feels like a weight has been lifted!! just got two biology assignments left and then its done and dusted!!! Cant wait for a nice break from my laptop over the summer. WE're off to Cornwall for a long weekend tomorrow so at least I can relax a little now my essays out of the way!!
I'm on countdown in work now...only 44 shifts left till I leave :biggrin:
:dancing2:
Original post by SaraSp

Hi I am getting nervous now as our Access course is over in 6 weeks and we have almost finished classes now so just last 2 essays and 1 worksheet and we are done! Any ideas for an August date for a meet up ?
Original post by Abb1eS
Yipeeeee i just handed my extended essay in and it feels like a weight has been lifted!! just got two biology assignments left and then its done and dusted!!! Cant wait for a nice break from my laptop over the summer. WE're off to Cornwall for a long weekend tomorrow so at least I can relax a little now my essays out of the way!!
I'm on countdown in work now...only 44 shifts left till I leave :biggrin:
:dancing2:

Have fun in Cornwall...lovely part of the world. See you in Sept .....not long now, only 14 weeks and I think we will be a bit shocked by the amount of time we are in Uni compared to the casual 3 days part time nature of the Access course, my course felt so part time but this next step is full on I gather ! Any ideas for a meet up date in August ?
Reply 249
Have fun in Cornwall...lovely part of the world. See you in Sept .....not long now, only 14 weeks and I think we will be a bit shocked by the amount of time we are in Uni compared to the casual 3 days part time nature of the Access course, my course felt so part time but this next step is full on I gather ! Any ideas for a meet up date in August ?

I can do Sunday 12th..working Sunday 5th..havent had shifts yet for last half of August....You need a sunday because of work dont you? I do three long shifts a week so am free during weekdays now and then!
I am honestly looking forward to being able to concentrate on full time study as opposed to juggling full time job/part time college/life!!!
:biggrin:
Reply 250
Hi all - just noticed that I have a message from UWE online but didn't get an email to let me know. It's about the bursary and funding process. THought I'd let you know in case you didn't get an email either!

Finished all my assignments by the deadline - just about! Now I only have a 1 hour exam on Thursday and I'm done. What a relief! Had to pull a couple of 3am nights to finish!

Hope everyone is doing ok

Sara
Reply 251
Original post by SaraSp
Hi all - just noticed that I have a message from UWE online but didn't get an email to let me know. It's about the bursary and funding process. THought I'd let you know in case you didn't get an email either!

Finished all my assignments by the deadline - just about! Now I only have a 1 hour exam on Thursday and I'm done. What a relief! Had to pull a couple of 3am nights to finish!

Sara

Fab thanks for that Sara.....does anyone know how many weeks we are in Uni (eg is it 30, 39 or 45 weeks long)?
Hope you're all enjoying the weather!!
Abbie :smile:
Original post by Abb1eS
Fab thanks for that Sara.....does anyone know how many weeks we are in Uni (eg is it 30, 39 or 45 weeks long)?
Hope you're all enjoying the weather!!
Abbie :smile:

Hi I asked uwe admission how many weeks and they did not know ! they think it is 38 but no one at uwe is sure - if anyone is going to the open day on 30th june can they ask as when we asked Alice (lecturer)! she siad she had no clue !
i essay left and 1 exam and access is DONE ! Karen XX
Original post by SaraSp

Sara

:smile:Hi I have 1 essay and 1 exam on 14th june then we are done ! I rang uwe admissions and they said they send of NHS bursary requests for us by mid june then we hear back in July to apply for our NHS money ! I have posted off my certs and am getting v nervous now...hope I like the proffession seeing as it takes 3 years to qualify...bit late now to have doubts I suppose
Karen X
Reply 254
Hi - i know exactly what you mean. I've always wanted to do this so I hope I like it! And hope I can do it - such a big change. I told my boss yesterday but haven't officially handed in my notice yet - she was fine - bit of a relief that she knows actually -I've found it hard to be motivated the last couple of months. Anyway - off to revise for Thursday....

Sara x
Original post by SaraSp
Hi - i know exactly what you mean. I've always wanted to do this so I hope I like it! And hope I can do it - such a big change. I told my boss yesterday but haven't officially handed in my notice yet - she was fine - bit of a relief that she knows actually -I've found it hard to be motivated the last couple of months. Anyway - off to revise for Thursday....

Sara x

Hi GOOD Luck with exam - what is yours about, ours is Human Rights Act and Discrimmination! It is for study skills, last essay is on Schizophrenia and its causes. My exam is 14th....I am sure we will be fine and its a big step for you - giving up a good job, its not long now and I have to think about MOVING so triple stress. I am hoping we will love the course and opportunities it brings us.

Karen X
Reply 256
Glad to hear everyone is excited for the end of their courses.
Handing in my last assignment for my BTEC and then i'm done.
I've been going in once a week for the past month, can't wait for something more challenging.
As for how many weeks the course is, if anyone knows please post it, because they ask you for the NHS funding and I have no clue!
Can't wait to see everyone on the course should be great!

Does anyone know when we get an occupational health form, because I had mine for Plymouth ages ago, but nothing so far for UWE.
Reply 257
Hi GOOD Luck with exam - what is yours about, ours is Human Rights Act and Discrimmination! It is for study skills, last essay is on Schizophrenia and its causes. My exam is 14th....I am sure we will be fine and its a big step for you - giving up a good job, its not long now and I have to think about MOVING so triple stress. I am hoping we will love the course and opportunities it brings us.

Karen X

Hi - because mine is distance learning, I have to do my exam over skype - it's more of a check to make sure it's me that has done all the work so far, but I still have to pass. I get to choose a couple of modules - so I'm doing Co-ordination and Control (all about the nervous and endocrine systems) and Social Interaction (which is all about self concept, interpersonal interaction theories etc). Just found out that I passed my last 2 assignments so literally only the exam now.

Good luck for yours on the 14th - I'll let you know how I get on.

Sara
Original post by tespokes
Glad to hear everyone is excited for the end of their courses.
Handing in my last assignment for my BTEC and then i'm done.
I've been going in once a week for the past month, can't wait for something more challenging.
As for how many weeks the course is, if anyone knows please post it, because they ask you for the NHS funding and I have no clue!
Can't wait to see everyone on the course should be great!

Does anyone know when we get an occupational health form, because I had mine for Plymouth ages ago, but nothing so far for UWE.

Hi I think the number of weeks will be on the form as I have asked uwe admissions and they do not KNOW I was shocked and said this was a bit fundamental fact re the course, even the lecturer did not know on the open day ...i THINK its 38 weeks but I will be asking again before we all have to do our NHS form tho I think this will be pre filled in for us ...if not uwe need to get their act togeher...I turned down 2 unis and AGONIZED as to where to study OT so uwe better be v good !

In the last throes of my Access course now ...sept looms ! K X
Reply 259

Karen X

Hi Karen- just finished exam - not too bad so I'm confident I've passed. Won't know for a couple of days but not going to worry about it now. Feels great to be finished. Might even go for a bike ride and a beer later! Hope your revision is going well,

Sara x

Quick Reply