Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Question about sales.............?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am looking for some advice in finding a job in sales. One of my friends told me he thinks I would be good in a relationship building role as he says Im a 'people's person.' The thing is I am not good at cold calling sales. Have tried and found it pretty tricky. So was wondering is there any positions where you're working on warm leads and encouraging people to buy more from an established position. Is there such a position? thanks
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any sales job will inevitably include cold calling. Even the CEO of my company does cold calling.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope i provide you a better understanding of what you're looking for.

Sales is diverse, some include cold calling and some are all about building, maintaining relationships. What you are describing to me seems to be an account management role, or a field management role; both of such can be found in the FMCG sector.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraCS)
    Sales is a great job, and has a lot of room to move around in, but the cold calling is a part of it.

Usually though, you'll have a script and it's just a matter of getting used to it.

If you're serious about a role in sales, I might be of help - if you could send your cv to l.hannawhie@cedarscott.com, I'll take a look at it!
    I wouldn't leave your email address on a public forum if I were you, PM it instead. Bots crawl the internet looking for emails to add to their list of spam addresses.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    I wouldn't leave your email address on a public forum if I were you, PM it instead. Bots crawl the internet looking for emails to add to their list of spam addresses.
    I hate when your own spam filter blocks real emails and let the spam emails through
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    Basically, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am looking for some advice in finding a job in sales. One of my friends told me he thinks I would be good in a relationship building role as he says Im a 'people's person.' The thing is I am not good at cold calling sales. Have tried and found it pretty tricky. So was wondering is there any positions where you're working on warm leads and encouraging people to buy more from an established position. Is there such a position? thanks
    There are some places where you dont really come across cold calling and find leads etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It does depend what the company does.

Our company primary deals in B2B (business to business) We have not bought 'data' for about 8years now as we do have enough 'new businesses' wanting our service or wanting to buy from us so we don't have to do major cold calling. I do know some of the lads will do a Wednesday Afternoon of random cold calling just to see what they can get. While others will just take accounts from the system.

If your more a people person and want to build a good relationship with people then I defo say look at Account Managers sort of roles.

P.s Wednesday Afternoons actually get best response and people are willing to speak to them.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishChris)
    It does depend what the company does.

Our company primary deals in B2B (business to business) We have not bought 'data' for about 8years now as we do have enough 'new businesses' wanting our service or wanting to buy from us so we don't have to do major cold calling. I do know some of the lads will do a Wednesday Afternoon of random cold calling just to see what they can get. While others will just take accounts from the system.

If your more a people person and want to build a good relationship with people then I defo say look at Account Managers sort of roles.

P.s Wednesday Afternoons actually get best response and people are willing to speak to them.
    Sounds a bit like what I do, what company do you work for BUD!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Selling goods are not bad job.You should know about all type of job.
    If your more a people person and want to build a good relationship with people then I say look at Account Managers or product manager.Product manager is good post.you know more about product and mingle with workers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Sounds a bit like what I do, what company do you work for BUD!
    I own the company the Group sells ALL kinds of Electrical from USB to TVs and other part of company is Marketing, Print and Promotion so from Advertise via our billboards to Printing Stationery and even drumming up clients and etc.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishChris)
    I own the company the Group sells ALL kinds of Electrical from USB to TVs and other part of company is Marketing, Print and Promotion so from Advertise via our billboards to Printing Stationery and even drumming up clients and etc.
    So you're a Section manager, not the owner of the company....?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RinaHarison)
    Selling goods are not bad job.You should know about all type of job.
    If your more a people person and want to build a good relationship with people then I say look at Account Managers or product manager.Product manager is good post.you know more about product and mingle with workers.
    thanks for that, I tried searching for product manager trainee positions and couldn't really find any. My friend said account manager would be a good position but they;re very hard to get. So I really don't know the route here? Most sales positions seem to be through assessment days which I hate and find it difficult to stand out

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 26, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.