The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Cerazette

Scroll to see replies

Just wrote my experiences on this pill on another thread so I'll just copy and paste :smile: -

I've been on Cerazette for the last 2 years after microgynon failed and I was getting migraines as well. I heard a lot of horror stories about cerazette and I was wary about trying it but for me personally, its been a god send. The first few months I bled like clockwork like a normal period then slowly I started to only bleed once every 2 or 3 months. I found this weird at first but now I see it as a blessing. The cramps also aren't as bad and the bleeding is never too heavy. I personally don't spot on it. I either have no bleeding at all or full on period like bleeding. My PMS is almost non existant on it. I have gained a bit of weight but I think it is more actual bloating than weight gain and any gain I have actually gained is probably from me being greedy and lazy and not the pill itself :tongue:

This pill wont be for everyone. I was on the implant, cilest and microgynon before this and they were all a fail for me but if you take cerazette and it doesn't agree with you, rest assured there will be a pill out there for you :smile:
I've been on it for two years, and it's worked better for me than microgynon (have no clue how to spell it lol) ever did... I came off of microgynon because I have migraines and there's an increased risk of stroke blah blah, and on cerazette I have not put on any weight and my periods are much lighter and easier to manage.

The only thing I have noticed though is that I can have mood swings in the few days leading up to my periods starting, but that may just be me - hoped this helped :smile:
You have calmed me down so much after reading this! I have all these symptoms iv only been on it a month! Hope the brown discharge is normal as I was very worried x
hello everyone. I started cerazette the beginning of september after being on rigevidon for 2 years. I started my period 5 days later, the 11th september and had a normal 7 day period. my next period started the 13th october, and it hasn't stopped since. its not a heavy flow but its not wearing off, still fresh red blood. has anyone else experienced long periods ? and I am now worried this period is going to last for weeks.

I am willing to persevere with cerazette as apart from the bleeding I feel fine, and I also can't go back on combined pill. Have any of you experienced long periods at the beginning of the pill and then it decreased /no periods? or when u have long periods it will always stay that way?Should i still give this pill a chance (3 months) and see how it goes? I'm due to see my doctor in a few weeks anyway to get my new prescription
I was on it for a couple years and would get very bad night sweats. Stopped as soon as I came off them.
Hi everyone , I started cerazette about a week ago and I feel I am bloated , I have been on a shake diet so should definatelt not be gaining weight but my stomach looks rounder , is this in my head or could 7 days on this pill actually do this?
it made my emotions all over the place
very easily agitated, tearful, sensitive etc,
also stopped my period and made my skin a bit spotty

however, i have had a lot of problem with all kinds of pills, taken about 2 years to find the right one for me so if it doesn't suit you, try something different
I have been on Cerazette for about 3 years now and I'm seriously thinking of coming off it. My stomach and lower abdomen feels so swollen and bloated all the time, I look pregnant! I used to have a nice flat stomach but I feel really round. This isn't a symptom listed on the side effect sheet, but reading comments on here it seems to be the cause. I feel like I have period symptoms, but never actually have a period. I think I need to come off it.
I have been on Cerazette for 3 years and have recently noticed my stomach and lower abdomen is really bloated! It feels how I used to feel before I started my period, but it pretty much feels like this all the time. I think I'm going to stop taking it to see if my symptoms clear up. Anyone else experienced these period like symptoms but without actually getting their period?
Reply 29
Hi, I've been on cerazette 7 months and just decided to come off it to see if it helps with my bloating problem which like you whenever I eat it bloats up and was wondering if it's to do with the pill because it also feels like period pain but it can't be as I'm not on!!?!? I've been suffering badly with IBS but perhaps it's not just that!! It would make a lot of sense.
Reply 30
I used to take microgynon for 5 years and the first 3 months of taking it, it gave me horrible mood swings!! I was so moody all the time! I started cerezette 2 months ago, this will be my 3rd month coming to an end soon and I haven’t had any bad mood swings or sadness compared to what microgynon caused! It honestly depends on your body and what way you react to it- you might not experience any side effects at all!
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest