Buckinghamshire new university!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yer applied for child branch for September have u ?? interview was a week
    today . xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Adult for sept. I think all the branches work together for some of the first year. Good luck hope you get an offer and will see you in sept. do you live nearby the uni (Uxbridge campus)?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally! Been looking everywhere for New Bucks thread.

I've appled for Advertisement + Digital Communications

Havent visited the Uni, any idea what it and the town is like?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahC25)
    I've applied for Adult for sept. I think all the branches work together for some of the first year. Good luck hope you get an offer and will see you in sept. do you live nearby the uni (Uxbridge campus)?
    Me2 hopefully see u in Sept !! i live in Sevenoaks in Kent so bout 1.5 h away what bout you ??
    x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Average_Aaron)
    Finally! Been looking everywhere for New Bucks thread.

I've appled for Advertisement + Digital Communications

Havent visited the Uni, any idea what it and the town is like?
    been to one open day and it seemed pretty good

massive shopping centre behind the uni with a cinema and some pubs and takeaways but that's about as much exploring as i got to do and that's only cuz i got lost...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've just confirmed a unconditional offer for childs nursing for Feb 2013!! Excited!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nlb112)
    Me2 hopefully see u in Sept !! i live in Sevenoaks in Kent so bout 1.5 h away what bout you ??
    x
    I live about 10 mins from Uxbridge, so I'm very local.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyRJM)
    I've just confirmed a unconditional offer for childs nursing for Feb 2013!! Excited!!
    Well done! It is very exciting. I have had two friends who studied at bucks and now have really great jobs. Xx I can't wait to get started.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It just sucks that I have to wait nearly a year to get started!! AAhhhh!! I guess that what's I get from having a change in career.. Still exciting!!x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the pubs/clubs are like at the High Wycombe campus? I'm hopefully going to be studying Audio and Music Production...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellis Anderson)
    Does anyone know what the pubs/clubs are like at the High Wycombe campus? I'm hopefully going to be studying Audio and Music Production...
    Well I've lived all my life (apart from 3 years away for Uni) in High Wycombe or just outside it.

Sorry to disappoint but from a clubbing point of view wycombe isn't the place to be. If you're going clubbing from Wycombe then London is the best option. High Wycombe offers Pure or Yates as far as "clubs" go. Average at best.

There are a range of pubs though, I personally go to the Antelope as my mates do, although the god awful toilets and overall setup aren't great. There are lots of pubs dotted around though. There is Butlers, Falcon, William Loosely which are popular at the weekends.

There is the student union for you guys though, which I managed to get into once, wasn't bad, live music etc.

I hope I've sufficiently lowered your expectations of clubs, but not disappointed too much about pubs?

Have a good time.

P.S. A pint in return would be nice, remember, The Antelope
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyRJM)
    It just sucks that I have to wait nearly a year to get started!! AAhhhh!! I guess that what's I get from having a change in career.. Still exciting!!x
    I know how you feel. I first started thinking about applying over a year ago. Keep thinking if I had applied for last sept I would be half way through first year by now. At least I have had time to think and prepare myself and know its the right choice. I am changing career too after having two children didn't want to go back to same job. Xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iSMark)
    Well I've lived all my life (apart from 3 years away for Uni) in High Wycombe or just outside it.

Sorry to disappoint but from a clubbing point of view wycombe isn't the place to be. If you're going clubbing from Wycombe then London is the best option. High Wycombe offers Pure or Yates as far as "clubs" go. Average at best.

There are a range of pubs though, I personally go to the Antelope as my mates do, although the god awful toilets and overall setup aren't great. There are lots of pubs dotted around though. There is Butlers, Falcon, William Loosely which are popular at the weekends.

There is the student union for you guys though, which I managed to get into once, wasn't bad, live music etc.

I hope I've sufficiently lowered your expectations of clubs, but not disappointed too much about pubs?

Have a good time.

P.S. A pint in return would be nice, remember, The Antelope
    Aha well yes my expectations are lowered. I suppose I'll make do with the Student Union for clubbing then, and pubs for the rest of the time.

I'll bare the Antelope in mind, thanks for the info!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    seems like ages until September now!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. I first started thinking about applying over a year ago. Keep thinking if I had applied for last sept I would be half way through first year by now. At least I have had time to think and prepare myself and know its the right choice. I am changing career too after having two children didn't want to go back to same job. Xx
    Well hopefully it'll come round quickly for all of us!! Eeeeeekk!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a music management course here already and I have to say the lecturers are all amazing so you really will enjoy yourselves if you have any questions feel free to ask
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellehoo-hing)
    I'm on a music management course here already and I have to say the lecturers are all amazing so you really will enjoy yourselves if you have any questions feel free to ask
    Do you have any work experience that school arranged for you?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! 3rd year Airline and Airport Management student here!

Any questions? I'll be happy to help!!

In regards to nightlife: The Student Union (SU) is really good. Dirt cheap prices for drinks and Weds (Frat) and Friday (Flirt) are the main events. As a first year, you can't get enough of it . Free entry always helps .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently writing my personal statement in a rush to apply to do Music Management starting this September. Wish me luck, hopefully I'll see some of you guys!

PS Is anybody here a mature student? I finished my A Levels in 2010 so I feel old haha!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I cann find the course contents?? I mean exact modules and what they are about etc.? I can't find it anywhere on their page.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 12, 2013
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.