Buckinghamshire new university!!

Scroll to see replies

Adult Nursing in September wbu ?? :smile:
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 61
Hey,

I am starting in September doing Film and Tv Production. But i have a very specific question.

Does anyone know what the music is generally like in the pubs and clubs? Where I live there is this bar which is just dirt (but in a good way) where its like dubstep and stuff like that and i hate all the other places like liquid because the music is awful.

I havent heard anything good about the High Wycombe club scene, its not the most important part of uni life for me but i would like the odd night out once in a while.

Also if anyone is doing the same course let me know, so far it just looks like its me, ive seen no one doing it.

Andy :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by headge20493h
Adult Nursing in September wbu ?? :smile:

I have confirmed for Adult nursing in Sept too!
Reply 63
has anyone had the £300 for accommodation taken out of your bank account? I have an Ulster Bank account so it's caught up with all this broken system stuff and i'm scared they've tried to take my money out and haven't been able to :/
Reply 64
Original post by lizaaaa
has anyone had the £300 for accommodation taken out of your bank account? I have an Ulster Bank account so it's caught up with all this broken system stuff and i'm scared they've tried to take my money out and haven't been able to :/

They haven't taken anything yet :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 65
my £300 has still not been taken yet either, taking foreeverrrrrrrrrrr!
Reply 66
thank god its not just me that hasnt had the money taken out yet was getting quite worried just wish they would already. but dont suppose anyone knows when we will find out where we will be living????
Reply 67
Original post by cuddles050
my £300 has still not been taken yet either, taking foreeverrrrrrrrrrr!

I'd imagine they won't take money from anyone until exam results are released and they know 100% who will going :smile:

Original post by lee_32
I'm also doing music and live events management, really can't wait for it to start now. Does anybody know when the £300 deposit will be taken from my account? Also when will i hear anything back regarding whether they have recieved my payment details, contract, etc.

got conditional for this course too . See u guys in september :smile:
Music and Live event management in September anyoneeeee ? :tongue:
Reply 70
Original post by sarahparrin
Music and Live event management in September anyoneeeee ? :tongue:

Me :biggrin:

Reply 71
Just realised that person who wrote that they were gona do music and live events management was me... What a muppet.

Original post by Emmense
I've accepted a place for pg dip nursing at their uxbridge campus! Has anyone else firmed nursing for here?

i have :smile: adult nursing?
Reply 73
If I remember correctly, your deposit isn't taken out of your account till August. 2 years ago I got my halls allocation on August 10th. (I only remember this because it's my birthday haha) So they take it out just before that once they've officially allocated you.

If you don't get in come results day, you'll get it back don't worry. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SarahC25
Hiya, I am starting at bucks new uni in sept. I am doing the adult nursing degree at Uxbridge. Anyone else doing nursing?.

Hi. I'm starting adult nursing too in sept this year at bucks new uni. Hope to see u there soon! Did u send all the requirements for the Nhs bursary?

Reply 75
Just checked my bank and it seems my deposit has been taken out.
Reply 76
digital media and business comms anyone?
Reply 77
Original post by lee_32
Just checked my bank and it seems my deposit has been taken out.

Mine too :smile:

Reply 78
Hey! Have just accepted a place to do PgDip Adult Nursing in Sept, anyone else doing nursing? Also looking for someone to share a flat/house with if anyone is interested?? Hayley xx
Reply 79
Original post by Andygd
Hey,

I am starting in September doing Film and Tv Production. But i have a very specific question.

Does anyone know what the music is generally like in the pubs and clubs? Where I live there is this bar which is just dirt (but in a good way) where its like dubstep and stuff like that and i hate all the other places like liquid because the music is awful.

I havent heard anything good about the High Wycombe club scene, its not the most important part of uni life for me but i would like the odd night out once in a while.

Also if anyone is doing the same course let me know, so far it just looks like its me, ive seen no one doing it.

Andy :biggrin:

Hi Andy!

I'm about to enter my third year at Bucks (Music Management and Artist Development) and thought I'd drop you a quick answer.

The student union hosts monthly Dubstep/D&B nights called Unisex, and they also have standard club nights (Wednesday and Fridays) which are open until 2/3am.

Aside from that, there's a club called Pure in town, but it's not somewhere I'd choose to go. If you want a better night out, head into one of the nearby towns. There's a direct bus to Reading, which has great night-life, and also trains to london that get you there in less than half an hour.

Feel free to message me if you want more details on any of these.

Bree ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending