The Student Room Group
Reply 1

If you are angry at the launch of this paper, you should be angry at the continued existence of all publications delivered by News Corporation for the sake of consistency.

It's a new paper, it has new staff. This is like complaining that after the failure of George Bush, they just went ahead and got a new president.
Reply 2
Original post by Bobifier
If you are angry at the launch of this paper, you should be angry at the continued existence of all publications delivered by News Corporation for the sake of consistency.

It's a new paper, it has new staff. This is like complaining that after the failure of George Bush, they just went ahead and got a new president.

It's the fact that after the NOTW had shut down, straight after, they purchased the domain thesunonsunday.com indicating their "business as usual" attitude.

Ruthless criminals.
Reply 3

Are you gonna take bets on that? It wont be new, it will be the same old crap from the same old crappy journalists.
Reply 4
same **** different cover.
just counting down the clock till newscorp implodes.
Reply 5
Original post by tehforum
It's the fact that after the NOTW had shut down, straight after, they purchased the domain thesunonsunday.com indicating their "business as usual" attitude.

Ruthless criminals.

Of course it's business as usual. The Sun is the biggest selling paper in Britain - do you really expect them to give up a 7th of their market for any reason? If they had held back for some time everyone would know they didn't care about anything that had happened and so they'd be lying to us to make us feel better even though everyone knows they're lying. To even consider that they might do that is ridiculously naive.

Furthermore, even if they had had some waiting period to make you feel better about what happened, they would inevitably have eventually created a new paper. Why shouldn't they take the domain in advance?

In short what I'm saying is that they have simply engaged in sensible business practise and, at least in this case, done nothing particularly morally wrong. I honestly do not see what the problem here is.
BBQ season will be upon us soon and at least The Sun is cheaper than fire lighters.
Reply 7
The comments on that page make me lose a little faith in humanity

In short what I'm saying is that they have simply engaged in sensible business practise and, at least in this case, done nothing particularly morally wrong. I honestly do not see what the problem here is.

Honestly? staff of a newspaper get arrested for quite horrible acts of callous hacking and spying (like that whole dead girl voicemail scandal thing), are forced to shut down and then immediately reopen under a new name and you can't see a problem with that at all?

it's not illegal, by any means, but it's not very morally defensible. it's a little bit like if after the BP oil spill they shut down and reopened as 'UK Petroleum ltd' and resumed drilling activities, all scrutiny averted.
Reply 9
>The Sun
>Finest papers

stopped reading there.

Having said that, I think it's a perfectly reasonable case to make that all News International publications are, essentially, evil.
Reply 11
I personally wouldn't mind or notice, just as I didn't when NOTW was around. I don't think it will make any difference, given that the people who buy it would probably read the weekday Sun anyway!
I can't even be bothered to waste my energy ranting and raving about such a spineless ruthless company but I'll leave you with this because it made me laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2rBDoCj2Gg
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh good, now we'll get Page Three 7 days a week. Huzzah!
Don't buy it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending