The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Internet speed at derby uni

Can anyone tell me how fast it is in halls?
About as fast as my BAD BOY FECES being crushed out of my rectum because I'm always constipated.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by A level Az
About as fast as my BAD BOY FECES being crushed out of my rectum because I'm always constipated.

cool story bro.
Original post by bergeron94
cool story bro.

it's not cool bro, it's pretty painful :angry:
Reply 4
Reply 5
Original post by bergeron94
Can anyone tell me how fast it is in halls?

Hi,

We provide the internet connection to the Halls of Residence at the University of Derby. Current Download Speeds are 8Mb/s and are going up to 10Mb/s from September 2012.
Reply 6
Original post by A level Az

Hi,

If you have a problem related to the internet please contact our support team who will happily assist you.

0845 123 8710

[email protected]

Thanks
Reply 7
Do you Know if the internet service will work on linux computers? also is it a wired connection or wireless?
Adam
Original post by 04beana
Do you Know if the internet service will work on linux computers? also is it a wired connection or wireless?
Adam

Hi Adam,

I'm sure Ask4 will reply to this at some point to confirm what i'm going to say.

I don't know for sure about linux, but I would presume so. Unfortunately I don't have too much experience with that OS, but I can't see why not. It works with pretty much every other OS.

All rooms have a wired access point and we are rolling out wireless, however I can't guarantee that it will be available to everyone yet. When I lived in halls last year they had just started installing the wireless (at the end of the year) so I would presume they're well on their way. All of the common rooms have wireless access as well.

Hope this helps!

Stacey
Reply 9
Original post by University of Derby
Hi Adam,

I'm sure Ask4 will reply to this at some point to confirm what i'm going to say.

I don't know for sure about linux, but I would presume so. Unfortunately I don't have too much experience with that OS, but I can't see why not. It works with pretty much every other OS.

All rooms have a wired access point and we are rolling out wireless, however I can't guarantee that it will be available to everyone yet. When I lived in halls last year they had just started installing the wireless (at the end of the year) so I would presume they're well on their way. All of the common rooms have wireless access as well.

Hope this helps!

Stacey

Thank You very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest