The Student Room Group

The GEEMA 2012 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolheadjody
that's like me. i always find junk in my email and when there is a sophisticated sender i get over excited and dont read the email properly.

This :biggrin:
Reply 21
Does anyone know when we find out the results of our application? Since the summer school falls on GCSE results day (bit slack on Cambridge's behalf??), in the unlikely case I do get a place I have to give my exams officer an SAE soonish... thank you! :smile:
Reply 22
We get the results within 2 weeks I guess I was told it was half-way in June.
Reply 23
Original post by iSoftie
We get the results within 2 weeks I guess I was told it was half-way in June.

Haha I literally just checked that email twenty minutes ago! and Yeah i think we should expect replies within two weeks :smile: I really would love if i got a place! I'm sure most of us here would!
Reply 24
They've pushed the application deadline back to June 18 now though. :frown:
So we'll get the answers to our applications on the 18th?
Reply 26
Original post by Paramore<3
They've pushed the application deadline back to June 18 now though. :frown:

Really how do you know? Still mid-June :P hopefully Cambridge being Cambridge will tell us dead-on at the 18th.
Reply 27
Original post by saycrackagain
So we'll get the answers to our applications on the 18th?

I'm not sure - according to the application website you can still continue to apply up until the 18th now!

Original post by iSoftie
Really how do you know? Still mid-June :P hopefully Cambridge being Cambridge will tell us dead-on at the 18th.

Being the weirdly curious person that I am, I looked again at the application website and it says the application window is open until the 18th. :frown: Hopefully so! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Paramore<3
I'm not sure - according to the application website you can still continue to apply up until the 18th now!

Being the weirdly curious person that I am, I looked again at the application website and it says the application window is open until the 18th. :frown: Hopefully so! :smile:

This is yet another great sign! Since Cambridge (being Cambridge ofc!) will e-mail all of us saying that the deadline in which you will be contacted in if you've been accepted or not would have been postponed, but it looks like they want more people maybe because there's just too little people applying (in which we may all get in) OR they could cancel the whole event altogether.

I think we're still going to get the result by mid-June and I think we all have a high chance of getting in due to the lack of applicants since there was also a lack of applicants for the taster day and therefore it was cancelled :biggrin:
But then again I could be wrong and I should shutup.
Reply 29
Anyone got a reply yet? Post ASAP D:
I didnt get even 1 email yet?

Appart from the emails i recieved on confirmation etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
Still another 4 days until applications close - don't expect anything yet! :smile:
Do you guys think it's worth it if I apply for Maths and Physics but only have an interest for maths? :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Happy-Turtle
Do you guys think it's worth it if I apply for Maths and Physics but only have an interest for maths? :smile:

silly question to be honest ofc you should do you shouldn't miss out because you might not like physics and apply now! :L
Original post by iSoftie
silly question to be honest ofc you should do you shouldn't miss out because you might not like physics and apply now! :L

When are we gonna get a response?

If i was you, then apply. If your good at maths, you should be good at physics O_o
Original post by DeathByBSOD
If i was you, then apply. If your good at maths, you should be good at physics O_o

But I'm not doing Physics for A-level...
Reply 37
But I'm not doing Physics for A-level...

your choice and I can reason with you since I am very good at maths but I hate physics I tend to like using maths in chemistry
But if you want to miss out then idk :/ just put up with physics
Reply 38
Original post by DeathByBSOD
When are we gonna get a response?

Indefinitely sometime this Monday-Friday probably even Monday :/
Reply 39
FYI guys...

The application deadline is today at 12pm.

Decisions are to be made over the next few weeks, and responses should be given in the first few weeks of July - most likely week beginning 9th July.

So the waiting game begins!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending