The Student Room Group

Which uni

Hey guys so I have all 5 offers for mechanical engineering and I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into the universities

predicted ABC computing,physics,maths

Foundation::
Manchester BCC
Loughborough BBB

(don't really want to go to these because if i can get onto a proper full course i would rather that than"waste a year"

Liverpool BBB
Leicester BBC
Huddersfield BBC (280pts)

I am thinking of firming Liverpool but if you have any input your views are welcomed :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by kingkongjaffa
Hey guys so I have all 5 offers for mechanical engineering and I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into the universities

predicted ABC computing,physics,maths

Foundation::
Manchester BCC
Loughborough BBB

(don't really want to go to these because if i can get onto a proper full course i would rather that than"waste a year"

Liverpool BBB
Leicester BBC
Huddersfield BBC (280pts)

I am thinking of firming Liverpool but if you have any input your views are welcomed :smile:

At the end of the day, it's up to you, and what you believe you can achieve come results day in August. However, if it were me deciding, I would firm Liverpool and have Leicester as my insurance.
Original post by HurricaneDominic
At the end of the day, it's up to you, and what you believe you can achieve come results day in August. However, if it were me deciding, I would firm Liverpool and have Leicester as my insurance.

Yeah that was my plan but i'll be waiting till results day to see how on track i am for BBB before i decide
Reply 3
Yeah that was my plan but i'll be waiting till results day to see how on track i am for BBB before i decide

Good decision. That's exactly what I am doing. A lot rests on these exams results and now that they're not too far away, they're starting to agitate me a little, I really just want to know my results!
Original post by HurricaneDominic
Good decision. That's exactly what I am doing. A lot rests on these exams results and now that they're not too far away, they're starting to agitate me a little, I really just want to know my results!

Haha I know it's horrible, I'm at a department visit tomorrow for Leicester

what have you applied for and where ?
Reply 5
Haha I know it's horrible, I'm at a department visit tomorrow for Leicester

what have you applied for and where ?

I've applied for BEng Civil Engineering at Swansea, Liverpool, Belfast, LJMU and Plymouth.
I've only visited Liverpool. I'd like to get into one of the first 3 I mentioned. I've kind of discounted Plymouth for the moment unless my results are poor as the train fee down there is ridiculously expensive!

Quick Reply

Latest