The Student Room Group

Bank of England initial entry scheme

Scroll to see replies

My tests went ok, though I am not confident I did well enough to get through to the next round.

I found the decision making pretty easy and finished the booklet. The maths, although not hard maths, was time consuming so I feel I did fairly poorly on that. I didn't get to any questions that required long division/multiplication or numerical sequences. The grammar one is pretty straight forward and I think I finished that one too but going back over it in my head I'm sure there are a few I missed :frown:.

How did everyone else find it? Good luck to anyone sitting it today. We were told yesterday that we would hopefully know by the beginning of next week if we are successful.
Original post by singingmermaid
hi, how was the test? was it electronic or on paper? and did you also have a time limit in which to answer the questions in?

:smile:

Paper.

2x 8 minute tests
1x 15 minute test

You can't really prepare for it sadly, you've either got the knowledge already or it's too late to start learning now!
ok thanks. and i'm sure you did great! fingers crossed, ive got mine on friday, im so nervous :/
Original post by jsm92
yeah you need to dress business like so suits and ties and all that. ill be there on monday 1530 too so see you then!
i think the tests will be quite simple - checking for spelling and grammar mistakes, adding up numbers and checking for errors for the spelling and grammar and numerical awareness. not sure about decision making thought. probably give you a scenario and you have to choose the best option? find out monday i guess!

any of you know how we can prepare?

Hey, how did you find it on monday?

Singingmermaid you'll be fine :smile: don't worry. It's not difficult maths or anything, just the time restrictions are difficult.
Original post by makeasplash

Singingmermaid you'll be fine :smile: don't worry. It's not difficult maths or anything, just the time restrictions are difficult.

thanks :smile: how did yours go (if you had one). super nervous for friday.. only a day and a half left now :O
1530, decided it would mean I wouldn't have to leave Newcastle too early! Are you travelling far?

I'm going to take a pencil case with pen, pencil, rubber, calculator and a notebook (I expect the tests will be on a computer though). Even though it's not an interview I'm going to be in my smartest clothes!

do you have to bring any stationary with you for the tests?
Reply 26
do you have to bring any stationary with you for the tests?

No. They provide pen's which is the only thing you need.
I'm anxiously awaiting next week to see how we've all done. Fingers crossed for all on the thread!
Reply 28

Hey i found the tests quite easy, but just a bit rushed. i didnt finish any of them but im hoping i got everything that i did do right to be able to pass. its been 6 days now, and the lady said we would find out in about a week so im very nervous about finding out the results!

Has anyone who did the tests earlier found out whether they have gotten through to the next interview round?
Original post by jsm92
Hey i found the tests quite easy, but just a bit rushed. i didnt finish any of them but im hoping i got everything that i did do right to be able to pass. its been 6 days now, and the lady said we would find out in about a week so im very nervous about finding out the results!

Has anyone who did the tests earlier found out whether they have gotten through to the next interview round?

The same goes for me, time was the main issue! Hope I didn't make any small but stupid mistakes! I've not heard yet, she did say the start of this week so hopefully by the end of play tomorrow we should know. At least I hope so...this waiting is hard.

Make sure you post if you hear anything!
Its already tuesday and i still haven't heard anything. this waiting is killing me lol. fingers crossed, but ive got a feeling that I didn't get through ;/ i rushed like crazy..

I've not heard anything either. Pretty anxious now. Just want to know either way!
Reply 31
I got through! :smile: Booked next stage for monday 9.30am . Best of luck to everybody else
Reply 32
im so pumped for this - i probably logged on to my email 10 times today!!!!
Reply 33
I've not heard anything either. Pretty anxious now. Just want to know either way!

SAME! Gosh ffs!
Got through to the next round!! Just logged on to try and book a slot but it says there are no interview slots. I will give it another shot tomorrow and if they still aren't up I will get in contact with the bank.
still haven't heard anything, probably because my test was on the last day of the week so Im probably going to hear back from them much later..

congrats to everyone that got through
There are interview slots open on the 26th and 27th. I'm on bloomin' holiday for the first time in the last year! Argh, need to get in touch and beg for an alternative!
Reply 37
would there be further interview time slots available in few days cos I'm busy on these days, don't know what to do ????
Original post by jessica_j
would there be further interview time slots available in few days cos I'm busy on these days, don't know what to do ????

They must be some pretty big plans to give up the chance for the interview! I'm getting in touch with them now as someone else earlier in the thread said they were going next Monday and maybe there are earlier slots I could squeeze into. Congratulations on getting through to the next stage though, I'm so excited!
Reply 39
They must be some pretty big plans to give up the chance for the interview! I'm getting in touch with them now as someone else earlier in the thread said they were going next Monday and maybe there are earlier slots I could squeeze into. Congratulations on getting through to the next stage though, I'm so excited!

Thanks and congrats for your offer as well. I'm pretty nervous about interview and also feeling that I'm not prepared for this yet. I'm gonna try contacting them too for alternative slots. Hope it goes well for you as well as me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending