The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I never noticed that much noise in my boyfriends accomodation (bishop ryder) Maybe a slight car noise but it certainly wouldn't be a problem if they windows r shut.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Yeah, I never noticed it and my house at home is pretty quiet
Reply 22
Need some advice on applying for accommodation . . . I selected to live at home (as I live in b’ham) but after the open day I’ve changed my mind and want to stay in halls, I don’t mind which. So the obvious thing for me to do is to call the uni but I want to know before I call of the chances of them saying no?
Reply 23
The chances of them saying no is irrelevant, if you dont call they wont do it. If you do, they might.

However, I'd probably say they would change it.
Reply 24
I think they probably would, but call them as soon as possible, before people start applying and taking up the spaces.

Do you live far enough away to get accommodation? I think it's done by postcode, but I don't know how it's worked out.
Someone I know did the same thing, but he emailed them and they changed it for him, hes living there, so you probebly wont have a problem.
Reply 26
Even if you don't get campus you can still be just as involved just remeber to make friends with some1 on campus and crash at they'res on nights out
I'm sure they claim that every fresher is guaranteed accomodation if they want it. so call them up. and debs is right.

one of my mates spent most of his time sleeping on people's floors even tho he was living at home and he had a quality time last year.
Reply 28
All freshers who apply before the deadline and confirm as well (guys remeber to confirm one guy turned up last yr and cause he hadn't replyed his flat had been reallocated) you'll get a place. If you apply late you may not.
Reply 29
I totally agree that standard rocks. I had a quality time in standard last yr - met some top people n i kno some people who last yr wish they had chosen standard but parents said 'no' n ended up livin in lakeside. i kno very few ppl who wud go the other way.
Reply 30
It just depends on what your like. I nearly went for lakeside next year and I was in standard 1st year the only reason I didn't was cause its about £40 difference a week and I want to use that money on going out and stuff
Reply 31
even if you live in Lakeside first year, then get a house second year (which will be cheaper, my house is newly refurbished, internet/bills/all furniture etc included for £70 a week) - You are likely to appareciate this extra £20 a week.

Im looking forward too it, but havent been crippled by the riggous of living in expensive accomodation. Then again, I heard prices are rising next year, scary :smile:
Reply 32
if your paying £70 per week remeber to add on bus pass and if your bills aren't included those as well and taxi fare from campus is about £8 if you get one on your own
Reply 33
bills included, as I described. Bus pass is irrelevant because my parents are paying it, phwoar \o/
Reply 34
Its alright for some. I'll be loving not having to get bus next year its nice for a year or 2 but I miss campus
Reply 35
standard accomodation rocks, i live in private this year btw ( DO NOT move into heights it is ****, it might look nice but the standard is crap the security doors dont work and the walls have holes in them ) unfortunately i cant live in standard again next year but i would if i could!
Reply 36
why can't you live in standard???

I love standard cause the showers are more powerful its cleaned everyday except weekends unlike lakeside every other day and the showers and toilets get cleaned for you as in lakeside cause its in your room you have to clean your own.

Oh Campus , can't wait till I'm living back in standard. I miss you!
Reply 37
bathrooms in lakeside get cleaned bi-weekly.

Small maintenance in between is something I can deal with while using my personal shower.

Also useful in winter to warm your room up to boiling point :tongue:
Reply 38
Whyis that a problem the rooms in standard are always snuggly warm!!!!
snuggly warm, my ex's is like a sauna all the time lol, i cudnt sleep in there it was that hot. cus he has no choice of turning the radiator off!

Latest