The Student Room Group

Extra 2012 - FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Basically I've withdrawn my application from two choices and been unsuccessful in one. I'm know just waiting for 1 more choice and received a conditionally offer from London Met but it hasn't shown on my ucas profile:confused:.

I was thinking of withdrawing the other two course and going through extra to apply for Northumbria University Interior design. I've looked at their requirements and I need a distinction in foundation art and design which I'm currently doing. Would it be best to e-mail the admissions on whether they'll accept me? if not I would have to wait until next year to reapply which I'll be 22.

Would I have to do a new personal statement because my original one was for textiles?
Reply 41
Original post by expresschoco
Basically I've withdrawn my application from two choices and been unsuccessful in one. I'm know just waiting for 1 more choice and received a conditionally offer from London Met but it hasn't shown on my ucas profile:confused:.

I was thinking of withdrawing the other two course and going through extra to apply for Northumbria University Interior design. I've looked at their requirements and I need a distinction in foundation art and design which I'm currently doing. Would it be best to e-mail the admissions on whether they'll accept me? if not I would have to wait until next year to reapply which I'll be 22.

Would I have to do a new personal statement because my original one was for textiles?
Yes you would be well advised to contact this uni and see what they say before you do anything else. Yes you should offer to submit a revised personal statement.

Being 22 is not a problem when it comes to going to university.
I added a choice through Extra for a course at Newcastle, last week I also enquired about another course at Newcastle who have invited me for an interview and therefore obviously considering me (they said they already had my UCAS details, im assuming through applying for the other course via Extra). The 21 days since adding the original course will have passed this weekend so I was going to cancel it since I havent heard from them and dont want to miss out on other courses in Extra.
So what im asking is, if I cancel the choice in Track will Newcastle see this as me just cancelling the choice I added through Extra or the course theyre considering me for or both?

If that makes sense...?

Thanks!
Reply 43
Original post by hypercaine.
I added a choice through Extra for a course at Newcastle, last week I also enquired about another course at Newcastle who have invited me for an interview and therefore obviously considering me (they said they already had my UCAS details, im assuming through applying for the other course via Extra). The 21 days since adding the original course will have passed this weekend so I was going to cancel it since I havent heard from them and dont want to miss out on other courses in Extra.
So what im asking is, if I cancel the choice in Track will Newcastle see this as me just cancelling the choice I added through Extra or the course theyre considering me for or both?

If that makes sense...?

Thanks!
Don't cancel the choice until you have clarified with Newcastle what they want you to do. It sounds like they were intending to change the course code from their end, assuming they made you an offer.
Quick question, if I were to apply to a choice on extra and get an offer, can I apply to another one after 21 days like an insurance choice? Also, can I apply through clearing to the universities I had offers from but rejected them?
Reply 45
Original post by franchesskah
Quick question, if I were to apply to a choice on extra and get an offer, can I apply to another one after 21 days like an insurance choice? Also, can I apply through clearing to the universities I had offers from but rejected them?

Nope and yes
Reply 46
No, you can only hold one offer through Extra at any one time.

There's nothing to actually prevent you from applying through Clearing to unis that have already rejected you (assuming they are in Clearing in the first place, which they may not be), but you are likely to be wasting your time.
Reply 47
Original post by Minerva
No, you can only hold one offer through Extra at any one time.

There's nothing to actually prevent you from applying through Clearing to unis that have already rejected you (assuming they are in Clearing in the first place, which they may not be), but you are likely to be wasting your time.

But they got an offer and rejected it, not were rejected
Reply 48
Original post by Juno
But they got an offer and rejected it, not were rejected
True - but still not in the best of positions.
Original post by Minerva
True - but still not in the best of positions.

so would I still be able to apply to a university for the same offer I have previously rejected?
Probably not ..
Reply 50
so would I still be able to apply to a university for the same offer I have previously rejected?
Probably not ..
You can apply to any university you like through Clearing if there are vacancies. A uni who made you an offer which you declined might be willing to consider you if they have any places left for that course, but then again might not. If you end up in Clearing because you don't accept an offer through Extra you may be in a better position than if you miss an offer you got through Extra. Then again, AFAIK, once you are in Clearing the unis you apply to will be able to see your history, which will include any applications you have made through Extra and the outcome. If you have been switching around between courses they may be concerned about your commitment.
Original post by Minerva

What should I do I still haven't received my login yet :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by XxPrissyxX
What should I do I still haven't received my login yet :s-smilie:
Try logging in using your UCAS ID and password. If that doesn't work, use the 'I've forgotten my password' option. You won't be applying through Extra, though, but as a late applicant.
Does anyone know what INTO UK is ? They are offering international medicine program through St. George University. Is it worth choosing in the extra ? Please any guidance on this will help me.
Reply 54
Original post by olympus123456
Does anyone know what INTO UK is ? They are offering international medicine program through St. George University. Is it worth choosing in the extra ? Please any guidance on this will help me.
Is this course available through UCAS?
Original post by Minerva
Is this course available through UCAS?

Yes. I am not sure whether to apply or not.
Reply 56
Yes. I am not sure whether to apply or not.
If you are eligible and there are places, no reason why not, if that's what you want to do. SGUL has a well-respected medical school that is attached to a very large hospital in South West London. It has nothing to do with St George's University School of Medicine, an entirely different outfit.
Original post by Minerva
If you are eligible and there are places, no reason why not, if that's what you want to do. SGUL has a well-respected medical school that is attached to a very large hospital in South West London. It has nothing to do with St George's University School of Medicine, an entirely different outfit.

Thank you for replying. Yes its different from SGU. But I don't understand what INTO has to do with the program. That is what is making me hesitant to apply.
Reply 58
Thank you for replying. Yes its different from SGU. But I don't understand what INTO has to do with the program. That is what is making me hesitant to apply.
Nor do I, but I don't think that matters - it's clearly under the control of SGUL and is therefore a fully accredited course. It might be an idea to contact them and ask?
Just a general question but in experience, how long do Universities take to respond to extra applicants after they apply?
I know they can take up til July, and we can cancel it in 3 weeks.
But usually how long have Universities taken for past students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending