The Student Room Group

Do I need to declare my parents income again?

I made some threads a while ago about my parents wanting to cut me off for not doing the course of their choice, but things are resolved now and now have a bit of an issue of applying for student finance next year.

For the past year, my dad has been a tiny amount of overtime as a relief manager of where he works. The pay difference p/a is only a couple of thousand, and I wondering if this warrants declaring my parents income again?

No one I know has really done it in situations like this, I thought you only declared it again if there was a dramatic difference..
Reply 1
For a year where you've already been assessed based on the p60s they asked for?

No, there's no need to change anything or update their current year earnings unless you're already being assessed on current year income and not 2009/2010 tax year as would probably have been requested.

If you are on a current year income assessment and have been assessed on a guesstimate of your household income they will want a final figure off you and if this final figure is higher than the estimate you provided they may have given you too much finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending