The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
tom5
I'm 90% certain of putting Lancaster as my first choice.

Convince me - what's the best thing?

:wink:

Come and see for yourself :wink:

From my point of view, it was the Management School. It's an unbeatable 6* centre. Then there's the colleges - a decentralised system that breaks the Uni down into 9 seperate communities that makes making friends a doddle!

I'll be honest - the nightlife isn't the best. But it's very student focused and more often that not, a good night out is all about who you're with, and at Lancaster you'll be in good company.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Good looking lecturers :biggrin:

The Location, for my course is excellent, near to the yorkshire dales, close enough to wales and scotland, on the doorstep of the lakes :smile:

People there. Helpuful, considerate, friendly, well most of them are anyway,
Reply 3
Best thing is being able to (if you live on campus) roll out of bed 10 mins before your lecture and still make it on time! Also having 9 bars on campus is pretty damn good! Always a bar within 5 minute walk! Rock On!! (i am not obsessed with alcohol!...well maybe just a bit!)
Reply 4
i heard greggs was good lol! sounds wierd but i love bakeries!
Reply 5
ems33
i heard greggs was good lol! sounds wierd but i love bakeries!

Greggs is the best bakery around! There's one on campus, and at least 3 more in the town centre :smile:
Reply 6
yay! i brought carrot cake from the campus one in the summer on an open day!
Reply 7
ems33
yay! i brought carrot cake from the campus one in the summer on an open day!

I tend to stick to the chicken bakes :smile:
(or sausage rolls, 4 for £1.50 if you're really hungry :biggrin:
Reply 8
Greggs is good! (Just avoid it between X.55 - X. 10 if you dont want to que!

Lancaster is great, but you need to come and see it for youself as its not for everyone.
It's a campus uni. The campus is in the middle of nowhere. It's surrounded by farms. But there's everything on campus that you'll need. it's like living in a smalltowncomprised entirely of students.

I'v worked out the secret to getting a good greggs, and as little miss said, it is that in the ten minutes to or past the hour, do not go to greggs.

The thing bout lancaster is that it's one of those things which you can easily like or easily hate.
Reply 10
hehe i sound like a food addict or something!

Latest

Trending

Trending