The Student Room Group

The University of Sheffield - Journalism applicants 2012!

Who else got the good news on the 16th? :biggrin: anyone firming?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
still waiting on mine! fingers crossed!! although pretty sure if its this late its going to be bad news :/ x
Aww, I hope you get it. I highly doubt it will be bad news, well I never know...hope it's good though!! :smile:
Reply 3
I got an offer on the 16th and firmed it pretty much immediately. I'm really pleased. Are you heading up to an open day in March? Good luck Gonchanya and anyone else still waiting!
That's amazing :biggrin: I'm going to firm it after the open day, that is because I have no idea what Sheffield is like, so just in case I don't like it, I can firm a uni in London and live at home. Where are you from and what are you studying currently? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by onlyyouknowbest
That's amazing :biggrin: I'm going to firm it after the open day, that is because I have no idea what Sheffield is like, so just in case I don't like it, I can firm a uni in London and live at home. Where are you from and what are you studying currently? :smile:

Which open day are you going to? I'm going on March the 14th :smile: I've been once and I loved it, but I didn't get to look around the accommodation. I'm from Birmingham and I'm currently studying Citizenship, English Lit, Psychology, Drama and General. How about you?
;;
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Anyone else going up on March 14th?
Reply 8
Original post by lauren_a
Anyone else going up on March 14th?

Yep I am! Can't wait :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by onlyyouknowbest
Who else got the good news on the 16th? :biggrin: anyone firming?

Depending if I get an offer from Leeds then I will deffo be firming it, and most probably will even if I do get one from Leeds, my mind keeps changing! Are you firming it? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by BeckyD
Yep I am! Can't wait :smile:

Same! I'm so excited to see the facilities and meet some students/lecturers.
Reply 11
Original post by lauren_a
Same! I'm so excited to see the facilities and meet some students/lecturers.

Have you not been before then? It's my favourite uni but we never got shown the newsroom
Reply 12
Original post by BeckyD
Have you not been before then? It's my favourite uni but we never got shown the newsroom

Yeah I went in February but didn't get to see the facilities (newsroom, library etc) either.
Hey, did everyone who went today enjoy the open day? :smile: I had workshops in the web newsroom, not sure if I saw any open day groups! What did you think?
Reply 14
Original post by apassingfeeling
Hey, did everyone who went today enjoy the open day? :smile: I had workshops in the web newsroom, not sure if I saw any open day groups! What did you think?

I love Sheffield it's my favourite uni, but I just have a few concerns with the course. It didn't seem very enthusiastic. Do you enjoy the course? It will most probably be my firm choice though :smile:
Reply 15

I loved it! The facilities, the tutors, the uni itself. The whole day just made me ten times more determined to get there.
Reply 16
I was on the Sheffield open day yesterday, too!
It definitely made me want to go there, since I got home and firmed Sheffield and just applied for accommodation. Bring on September!
Original post by BeckyD
I love Sheffield it's my favourite uni, but I just have a few concerns with the course. It didn't seem very enthusiastic. Do you enjoy the course? It will most probably be my firm choice though :smile:

I love the course, it's a really good mix of practical stuff and the theoretical side and the lecturers are great, usually top journalists. What do you mean by it not seeming very enthusiastic? I don't think I understand, sorry! haha :biggrin:
Reply 18
I love the course, it's a really good mix of practical stuff and the theoretical side and the lecturers are great, usually top journalists. What do you mean by it not seeming very enthusiastic? I don't think I understand, sorry! haha :biggrin:

I don't really know but I do like it I just firmed it ha! :smile: exciting times
Reply 19
Original post by Liisarr
I was on the Sheffield open day yesterday, too!
It definitely made me want to go there, since I got home and firmed Sheffield and just applied for accommodation. Bring on September!

Can you apply for accomodation straight away or do you have to wait? I've just firmed! :smile:

Quick Reply